Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

It seems pretty clear that even as little as 3 years ago, Trump was way more articulate than he is now. The mental deterioration is obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe
Correct me if I'm wrong PPJ.

If I made giant twitter roundups about our current political situation without something goofy/funny at the end, I'd feel like I was just pouring hot oil on everybody.

Dogtax helps too. :shittydog:

e- Here, have a treedog-

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Aug 11, 2017

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

theflyingorc posted:

every word you've written here is moronic

yes, a person who lost a race can tell you things about winning it. we aren't trump, don't divide the world into "winners" and "losers"

Ossoff was a terrible candidate. He has a right to speak wherever he wants but anyone listening to him about how to win elections is a moron.

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich

There Bias Two posted:

It seems pretty clear that even as little as 3 years ago, Trump was way more articulate than he is now. The mental deterioration is obvious.
I'm not sure about that. His point in that tweet is fairly common advice, but I was watching that interview in 1999 about North Korea and he just rambles an analogy about mugging without showing any actual insight. How much exposure has Trump had in an unscripted venue that doesn't rely on punch lines? Cause he's always said stupid poo poo since the 80s at least.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

empty whippet box posted:

:lol: at bragging about 45% even if it were a real poll.

There's always going to be a return-to-the-mean effect with Trump polls. He always has temporary rebounds and spikes. For example, he had one right around the election.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/abcnews/status/895785120593985538

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol on who's side?

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Awww thanks buddies! This meat grinder is big enough for all our dicks.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

as an australian fuuuuuuck

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe
TalkingPointsMemo has written up what is basically "Jeffrey Lord: The greatest hits!"

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/cnn-drops-jeffrey-lord-after-he-tweets-nazi-salute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UqDb2dS5P0

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Synthbuttrange posted:

as an australian fuuuuuuck

Yay! All the dumbasses will get to join the party!

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

lol whats australia gonna do send in the crocodiles

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Thanks for not exacerbating this crisis for no reason, you concentration-camp-building oval office.

This whole thing is about empty posturing! All that has to happen for it to go away is for everyone to stop insulting North Korea. Just stop talking and it goes away! Millions of people can live if some fat boys shut up!

AaaaaaaaAAAAAAaaa!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Calibanibal posted:

lol whats australia gonna do send in the crocodiles

Nah dude Australia has a long proud history of being the west's cannon fodder.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Enough Australians read "on the beach" to know they would rather be in the war

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

quote:

Note that Zogby had Barack Obama winning states such as Arkansas, Arizona and South Carolina, results which no other pollster saw at any point during the election cycle. He also had Obama polling within 5 points of John McCain in Oklahoma, which Obama would go on to lose by 31 points, and Tennessee, which he’d lose by 15.

To sum it up, Zogby's internet polling is wildly innacurate. This recent Trump poll is also one of their online polls btw

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

business hammocks posted:

Thanks for not exacerbating this crisis for no reason, you concentration-camp-building oval office.

This whole thing is about empty posturing! All that has to happen for it to go away is for everyone to stop insulting North Korea. Just stop talking and it goes away! Millions of people can live if some fat boys shut up!

AaaaaaaaAAAAAAaaa!

How is that hideous island not worldwide news? That's not a rhetorical question, I am genuinely confused about this.

e- Don't get me wrong, I know this is a brutal world, but this usually does not happen in a modern developed country.

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Aug 11, 2017

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

FizFashizzle posted:

Nah dude Australia has a long proud history of being the west's cannon fodder.

I went to Sydney recently and it felt weird how openly sad about World War I Australia is

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

KickerOfMice posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong PPJ.

If I made giant twitter roundups about our current political situation without something goofy/funny at the end, I'd feel like I was just pouring hot oil on everybody.

Dogtax helps too. :shittydog:

e- Here, have a treedog-

Dogtax is the greatest thing to happen to D&D

god bless the goons who keep it alive

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Breaking news: country who has treaty with other country would come to their aid if attacked

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

refleks posted:

What is this in reference to?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni6OpZN6IqU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I went to Sydney recently and it felt weird how openly sad about World War I Australia is

That's true of everywhere that fought but the US, pretty much. English-speaking people everywhere treat it seriously on account of how hosed-up the English got. America has less of a connection to the war and has had to prop up an imperial apparatus that depends upon blind reverence for soldiers and an optimistic focus on uncomplicated military victory.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Does Australia keep all their boat people in concentration camps on an island now or something?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

KickerOfMice posted:

If the news day is grim enough I don't end with a chaser; you get only bile. Mainly because it'll be one of like 3 tweet dumps over hellaciously packed day (eg repeal day)

https://twitter.com/ericgeller/status/895804459711778817
https://twitter.com/metasynthie/status/895802464506712068

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Aug 11, 2017

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

business hammocks posted:

That's true of everywhere that fought but the US, pretty much. English-speaking people everywhere treat it seriously on account of how hosed-up the English got. America has less of a connection to the war and has had to prop up an imperial apparatus that depends upon blind reverence for soldiers and an optimistic focus on uncomplicated military victory.

In France every single town has a massive monument to the war dead from ww1.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Does Australia keep all their boat people in concentration camps on an island now or something?
They have been for awhile, yeah.

Obama agreed to take some of those people and Trump got all upset about it during that phone call with Turnbull earlier this year

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

refleks posted:

What is this in reference to?

Jon Lovett coined it, and uses it in every podcast he's on (Pod Save America, Lovett or Leave It, etc...)

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
On the bright side, he did say "if North Korea attacks the US," so maybe they'll sit it out if Donnie goes off half-cocked! Right?

:smith:

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Compromising Donald Trump's image anything but the strongest of men would constitute an attack on the very moral fiber of America.*

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

There Bias Two posted:

It almost feels like some kid who found the internet, and then progressively sunk deeper and deeper into 13375P33K and doggo memes and began to only be able to communicate in a similar truncated manner as they get more and more social network rewards for mimicking other people's extreme behaviors..

It's kind of like how fish that live in caves go blind, except distilled into one elderly man.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

FlamingLiberal posted:

They have been for awhile, yeah.

Obama agreed to take some of those people and Trump got all upset about it during that phone call with Turnbull earlier this year

I still find it incredibly impressive that Trump came off so badly in that leaked phone call transcript that Turnbull seemed positively compassionate in comparison. The guy who's literally detaining refugees in an island camp has better opinions on refugees than Donald Trump.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Jon Lovett coined it, and uses it in every podcast he's on (Pod Save America, Lovett or Leave It, etc...)

It's funny because it's accurate.:haw: (I was born in Santa Monica myself, so now I feel like I have to defend it at every turn)

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

The only thing sadder would be Trump celebrating a SurveyMonkey servey

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Give it time. Once it reaches that point, he absolutely would. There's still 3.5-7.5 years or until the end of MadDog's Junta for that, buddy.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

No.

Several islands. Good news though, the camps are being shut down.

Bad news: they're completely ignoring what happens to the people in the camps when they're shut down.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

At this rate the dude's on track to get his ego spank bank material from Twitch chat polls.

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

The leftist firing squad will never stop until you get everyone to agree that "better" is better than "turbofucked" and moving slightly to the left so that centrists aren't entirely happy and far leftists aren't entirely happy, but they can all at least agree so things get done. It's not about compromise with republican positions (which are all universally garbage) but compromising within the left coalition, but that's a loving pipe dream from what I've seen over the past few months. We'll hatefuck republicans out of office, and then hatefuck them right back in out of spite when centrists and leftists don't get literally everything they want. It really is just that childish.

This. Compromising with various shades of left is literally the only way forward.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

On the bright side, he did say "if North Korea attacks the US," so maybe they'll sit it out if Donnie goes off half-cocked! Right?

:smith:

i guess turnball is the smart tony blair in all of this?

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

I am pretty sure even China would either aid or ignore the US invading North Korea IF the conflict got started by North Korea nuking someone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

It is not Survey Monkey but Trump retweeted this very scientific survey

https://twitter.com/ProgressPolls/status/893558108064239616

• Locked thread