Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
goddddddddddddddd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Spoilers for a big surprise (seriously) but: Chemical Plant's Act 2 boss song leaked.

I can't loving believe this is a game that exists.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Spoilers for a big surprise (seriously) but: Chemical Plant's Act 2 boss song leaked.

Wait are there gonna be different boss songs for each act 2 boss fight?? :psyduck:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Macaluso posted:

Wait are there gonna be different boss songs for each act 2 boss fight?? :psyduck:

No idea, this might be a special case because it's something recognizable though.

Like I haven't seen the boss but I *instantly* knew what the sound effects were from as well as the song and now I'm laughing like a psychopath

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
Sonic Mania confirmed as best game of all TimeSpace

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

No idea, this might be a special case because it's something recognizable though.

Like I haven't seen the boss but I *instantly* knew what the sound effects were from as well as the song and now I'm laughing like a psychopath

It took me a momet too, and holy poo poo holy poo poo this game.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm going to have to call in sick to work tomorrow because I've been physically transmuted into an 8 year old again.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

ok i'll click i guess and ARE YOU KIDDING MEEEEEEEEE RARARHAHAHAHA

edit: don't click on that. just don't. be surprised. I need to stop clicking these things. i will say though: it is very loving good

Chibs fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Aug 11, 2017

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
sonic mania might actually get multiple GOTY awards. a sonic game

we live in strange times indeed

STRAAAANNNGGEEE ISN'T IT?

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

holy hell this soundtrack is going to be an instant purchase

Glad I bought the vinyl.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Gammatron 64 posted:

im not sure of that

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

i am suffering from sonic mania to an extreme degree

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Gammatron 64 posted:

It's not gonna get jack poo poo, as little as game awards mean in the first place

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
reviews - "sonic was never good 7/10"

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

absolutely anything posted:

i am suffering from sonic mania to an extreme degree

They put me in a straightjacket because I couldn't stop screaming about how robotnik was always eggman in japan.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I am dying why did it have to leak

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Speaking of, I haven't seen it myself but apparently someone got a early copy of the collectors edition and streamed the game earlier today? Or most of it? I'm not sure.

Officially in spoiler times (if the previous link wasn't enough to warn you)

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Overbite posted:

"They took out the homing attack and I can't find the speed boost button. Just a nostalgic cash grab."

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Overbite posted:

yeah you're right, for a minute I had a little faith in humanity but then reality slapped me in the face with its dick again

what can I say, I have the mania, I cant think straight

SONIC MANIA RUNNIN WILD BROTHER

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Speaking of, I haven't seen it myself but apparently someone got a early copy of the collectors edition and streamed the game earlier today? Or most of it? I'm not sure.

Officially in spoiler times (if the previous link wasn't enough to warn you)

He did, but he was a /pol/ reject who kept throwing slurs around while being amazingly poo poo at the game, so you didn't miss much.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

kirbysuperstar posted:

He did, but he was a /pol/ reject who kept throwing slurs around while being amazingly poo poo at the game, so you didn't miss much.

That's literally everyone who streams a game prerelease.

edit: i wonder if christian whitehead and the rest like Phantasy Star enough to do ps5

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Overbite posted:

edit: i wonder if christian whitehead and the rest like Phantasy Star enough to do ps5

I wish.

Alternatively: Alex Kidd Mania.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

I wish.

Alternatively: Alex Kidd Mania.

Uhhh I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.

That said, I always thought it would be amazing if there was a Sonic game where Alex Kidd was the villain, because he has a grudge for being replaced as sega's mascot

One theory I had in my head for years was after Sega fired Alex Kidd, he got very depressed, got very fat and lost his hair and that's why Eggman hates sonic so much

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Well SegaGaGa exists so we know that Alex has been a register slave at a grocery store since 1989.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
There hasn't been a Shinobi since the ps2 one, and the shinobis on the genesis were great.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

There was a pretty decent Shinobi on 3DS!

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

Well SegaGaGa exists so we know that Alex has been a register slave at a grocery store since 1989.

Yeah. But I always thought they should really make a Sonic game where Alex Kidd is the villain because come on, you can't tell me he doesn't have any hard feelings towards Sonic. That would be the best mic drop plot twist in a sonic game ever

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Evil Eagle posted:

I am dying why did it have to leak

Better yet: why are people discussing loving spoilers for the game that hasn't been released yet?

Andre Banzai
Jan 2, 2012

I couldn't resist and watched the footage of Stardust Speedway Act 1, beginning to end.

IT IS INCREDIBLE BEYOND BELIEF and the trailer doesn't even begin to do it justice.

DO NOT CLICK SPOILER BELOW (not storywise, not boss, general spoiler but STILL A SPOILER, BE WARNED)

WARNING WARNING WARNING DANGER ZONE BELOW

Whitehead mixed several elements of Marble Garden with Stardust Speedway. It's glorious. It's awesome, they're mixing stuff from classic levels together!

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yeah. But I always thought they should really make a Sonic game where Alex Kidd is the villain because come on, you can't tell me he doesn't have any hard feelings towards Sonic. That would be the best mic drop plot twist in a sonic game ever

This was the plot of the life action scoobie doo movie

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
Hot Spoiler: This game's awesome proves that my sense of what direction Sonic games should go was was better at 9 than a bunch of actual game developing people

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

Better yet: why are people discussing loving spoilers for the game that hasn't been released yet?

i don't know. i don't like it

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

about the intro, again
#$%^&*( I JUST NOTICED THE SCORE POINTS WHEN HE HITS THE BUMPERS

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Chibs posted:

about the intro, again
#$%^&*( I JUST NOTICED THE SCORE POINTS WHEN HE HITS THE BUMPERS

HEH, work on your eagle eyes, you scrub.:smug:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

sharrrk posted:

i don't know. i don't like it

:killing:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

just had this spoiled for me in gif form and holy poo poo

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I'm just gonna be honest with everyone in the thread

I never extensively grew up on Genesis-era Sonic games. I've always been a 3D Sonic kid at heart, and most of my exposure to 2D Sonic comes from having a friend's copy of Sonic 3 & Knuckles on PC for awhile, getting the Classic Collection for the DS in my high school years, touching Sonic CD all of once before the American game over music prevented little babby me from playing it ever again, and owning Sonic Advance 2 for a longass period of time

But god drat, Sonic Mania is the most hype I have ever been for a 2D Sonic game. Every single part of this game is overflowing with love and care, and it's making me even happier to know that it's being made by people who loved and grew up on Sonic. Without having seen too much preview footage except for some teasers here and there, I can already tell this is gonna be one of the best 2D Sonic games, if not the best 2D Sonic game ever made. It's gonna be so hard waiting for this game to come out in 5 days, especially now that new footage and content is already starting to leak out. Hell, I'm still pretty hype for Sonic Forces to come out too, but I literally cannot wait to finally be able to play Sonic Mania in just a few more days

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

HEH, work on your eagle eyes, you scrub.:smug:

do not slight me, friend, lest you meet the ire of my blade