Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i'm sure the bone bros or whatever will be more than content to sit and spin on their cones the nine months it takes the private matches to be added

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Or, alternatively, they have moved the pvp in a decidedly more intense and "competitive" direction and also removed an extremely fun and chill way to rage quit 2 minutes into a Black Shield match when no one capped B with bros.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

limaCAT posted:

If anything is like the past game will be eventually playable in April but the cost of entrance will need the same during the whole year. And buying it at bargain bin rate means miss out on most of the endgame.

Yeah sure that's all fine. But the idea of someone going "hmm, it seems my hype levels for this game have decreased significantly. I'm going to register my discontent by still buying but then going to work" is v funny to me.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yeah let me give the definitive ABGD Take here:

The game will in all likelihood be pretty fun and there's a core group of people and mechanics that will keep it that way.

But pretty much every dramatic change they've made to the game has been completely underwhelming and kinda the opposite of what I've wanted to see.

Add to this that they haven't really shown off that much and my hype levels are basically non existent. They haven't done a very good job so far.

When their two biggest pitches have been "guys the beta isn't the FINAL product" and "we have some really good ideas, but we don't have time to put them in before release," I think it makes sense to get off the hype train a bit.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
And I know this is a Wendy's drive thru

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
This thread would be a lot cooler if it was

JorgeHWB
Jan 15, 2016

Aww, ugly duckling...
bawk-bawk

Maker Of Shoes posted:

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Or, alternatively, they have moved the pvp in a decidedly more intense and "competitive" direction and also removed an extremely fun and chill way to rage quit 2 minutes into a Black Shield match when no one capped B with bros.

:five:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yeah let me give the definitive ABGD Take here:

The game will in all likelihood be pretty fun and there's a core group of people and mechanics that will keep it that way.

But pretty much every dramatic change they've made to the game has been completely underwhelming and kinda the opposite of what I've wanted to see.

Add to this that they haven't really shown off that much and my hype levels are basically non existent. They haven't done a very good job so far.

When their two biggest pitches have been "guys the beta isn't the FINAL product" and "we have some really good ideas, but we don't have time to put them in before release," I think it makes sense to get off the hype train a bit.

This is Bungie we're talking about here. They never have enough time for their games.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
the only thing that bothers me is that they aren't really doing much hype work and the game comes out in less than a month.

it doesn't make me concerned about the game or whatever, just feels arrogant

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Weekly update in a couple of hours, might have something.

I preordered because realistically there's no scenario in which I don't want to play it on day 1. Either I continue thinking it'll be good, or I get curious if it really is as bad as everyone says.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

:thurman:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Have you budgeted for the likely 50% increase in carry fees now that trials will be 4 man?

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

from this week at bungie report:
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46118/7_This-Week-At-Bungie--08102017

quote:

FIXED: Infinite Super Glitch
Infinite Supers are all well and good until someone loses an eye.

FIXED: Warlock Glide Glitch
This bug was awesome… So awesome it hurt us a little bit to kill it. Thanks to those in the console Beta who helped us track this down.

FIXED: Infinite Grenades Glitch
Another issue found with the help of our friends in the console Beta. (Thank you!)

FIXED: Warlocks now have the same Melee Range as all other classes
With the exception of where perks directly increase their range, Warlocks will punch like the rest of us. Our PC friends will get a chance to experience a world with consistent base melee ranges. So will the rest of you, when the game launches.

TWEAKED: Globally reduced the time it takes to charge your Super
This was a big change that came directly from your feedback during the console beta. We agree it was taking a bit too long to cook up a Super.

TWEAKED: Increased Grenade Damage in PvE
Increased damage helps Grenades feel as powerful as they should facing hordes of alien combatants and, more specifically, makes the longer cooldowns more palatable. We want abilities to be slightly more rare, but worth it. In the console Beta, the “worth it” part wasn’t quite there yet.

TWEAKED: Increased Power Ammo drops in PvE
This is something we had felt internally and have been slowly tuning up over the last several weeks. The PC beta has been updated with our new values and will provide much more heavy ammo in PvE than what was found before. Heavy ammo can also be directly farmed from all Yellow Bar Combatants. Go big, Guardians!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Translation: we thought people were gonna love the beta, whoops!!!!

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

better they correct it before launch than leave it a slow, shootmans based fps

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

AAB posted:

better they correct it before launch than leave it a slow, shootmans based fps

Yeah totally, but even in their responses and descriptions of the (good) changes, you can see they reeeeeallly wanna make it one

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

"we gave you guns but you like the wacky color abilities????" - luke smith, maybe

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
just let me jump around like an idiot and use fuckin space magic

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

yeah I'd much rather have faster cooldowns

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

cvnvcnv posted:

Faster cooldowns and ish will surely come from weapon and/or armor mods. I'm into the base speed, made grenade kills in pvp feel awesome. Other changes look spot-on.

you are not clutching your pearls hard enough, are you sure you are in the right thread?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

"We want abilities to be rarer" makes me sad and nervous I gotta admit.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
You know what would make the game about being a space wizard better? Less of that space wizard stuff.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Have you budgeted for the likely 50% increase in carry fees now that trials will be 4 man?

I don't know what budgeting means, I just buy things I want. You can't?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

I don't know what budgeting means, I just buy things I want. You can't?

Why budget when one can ride coat tails for free!

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Eagerly awaiting sick Bone Krew gifs idk

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Waffle House posted:

wrecks should finish the bk montage

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Waffle House posted:

http://i.imgur.com/lvmPqks.gifv

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Maker Of Shoes posted:

wrecks should finish the bk montage

Wrecks please post the cool poo poo

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"
"Hey GUATDIANS we already know all your feedback from the beta and it was fixed ALREADY we are on thi-"

"OK bunge weekly update here GUARDEEJIANS. Here is a list of changes from the beta that you DIRECTLY influenced because somehow we didn't realize thAt getting a super once per round was lame. I blame XUR!!! what's he up to know guardians??! Let's head over to deviant art for our pics of the wee"

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
The wee what

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

wintrrmute posted:

pics of the wee

:smugdon:

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

moist turtleneck posted:

Wrecks please post the cool poo poo

I'll see if I can find the time tomorrow

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Why budget when one can ride coat tails for free!

"Haha this dude has a successful wife!! Owned!!!"

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
^^^big talk, and yet [Bone Krew Stenographer Voice] It says here that on Wednesday, April 9th...

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
:airquote: we are adjusting the match making :airquote:

Mmm oh yeah never heard that one before bungo

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

CheeseFactory posted:

:airquote: we are adjusting the match making :airquote:

Mmm oh yeah never heard that one before bungo

We mean it this time! For realsies!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

"Haha this dude has a successful wife!! Owned!!!"

:happyelf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

el B posted:

Who wants to play Lawbreakers with me? :)

I picked it up and if you like destiny for the good reasons (great gunfeel and movement) you should really pick it up, shame it's the most generic looking game ever because it's actually really good