Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
JoelJoel, you got 7 players and 4.7mil left. So those 7 gotta make league minimum to come in under the cap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Im busy and stuff so gimme the last Subban (the one the Bruins ruined) so I can deny whoever drafted PK a chance to play with his siblings.

e: Oh I have 2 picks waiting? Gimme a minute to use a random name generator to pick the next one.

e2: I drew the name Brandon, and the only Brandon I know of is Bollig so come on down you lovely punchman that somehow got a third round pick from Calgary.

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Aug 11, 2017

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Nah, I just need 3 forwards and a backup tender. I'll be fine.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
I'm not sure I understand how that Stars team can be so expensive with those players on it.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I know. It's beautiful. Gimme all the 30+ dudes.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

The Devils select, from the Kamloops Blazers, coach Don Hay.

Up Next:
Good Soldier Svejk (Until 10:51 AM)
Kilza
Teemu Pokemon
take me you ANIMAL
T-Bone

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Yeah technically you can carry 20 by NHL rules but we'll make fun of you of course

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Scott Wilson joins the coyotes

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

already picked

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
snort

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

He was already picked 4 rounds ago. By Technetium (Leafs).

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ah poo poo. Well his name is so plain I think that's forgivable.
Everyone else on my list is gone except for Austin Watson so him instead.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

I don't know who to pick here. Let's go with Blake Comeau. He can play either wing, which gives me some flexibility for my next 4th line pick. He had 20 points and also had over a 50% Corsi on the worst team in the league. That's got to count for something, right?

oh, right, he also did that

MacArthur - Couturier - Pominville
Vatrano - Lindholm - Puljujarvi
Jokinen - Eller - Noesen
x - Ryan - Comeau

Hedman - Klingberg
Klefbom - Pesce
Kempny - Pysyk

Talbot
x

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Kilza posted:

I don't know who to pick here. Let's go with Blake Comeau. He can play either wing, which gives me some flexibility for my next 4th line pick. He had 20 points and also had over a 50% Corsi on the worst team in the league. That's got to count for something, right?

oh, right, he also did that

MacArthur - Couturier - Pominville
Vatrano - Lindholm - Puljujarvi
Jokinen - Eller - Noesen
x - Ryan - Comeau

Hedman - Klingberg
Klefbom - Pesce
Kempny - Pysyk

Talbot
x

Good, I will never put that person back on the Avs.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I might have picked Comeau instead of Read if I wasn't so worried (still) about the cap floor. :v:

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I'll take the overpaid but not that bad Brandon Sutter.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

lol if you think i was going to pass up a Hockey Player like Scott Wilson 4 rounds ago

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
I have one good center, a decent 3/4 center, and a bunch of wingers that have taken faceoffs.

Also I don't think I have one Defensive Defenseman.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

take me you ANIMAL posted:

I have one good center, a decent 3/4 center, and a bunch of wingers that have taken faceoffs.

Also I don't think I have one Defensive Defenseman.

I have 4+ centre men who can play in a lineup and at least one defensive defenseman, maybe two! Come at me!

Also I think Esa Lindell is the definition of defensive defenseman. Or rather I hope he is because his team doesn't seem to generate anything with him on the ice.

Speaking of teams and lineups and other nonsense:

Arvidsson - Stamkos - Niederreiter
Jost - Zetterberg - Svechnikov
C Wilson - Z Smith - Konecny
? - Boyle - S Wilson

Krug - Petry
Skjei - Stecher
Dillon - ?

Andersen
?

Pete DeBoer

Technetium fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Aug 11, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
The Perds take Timothy Liljegren for fake Milwaukee and to also maybe possibly hopefully probably not push whatever crap 6th D I take to the press box (hope he comes over this year? He should unless there's something I don't know)

e: even if he goes back to Rogle, that's fine I'm making this pick for 2018 and beyond, but he's probably good enough to be the 3rd pair RD on the Leafs now so maybe v:shobon:v I'll take a long shot

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Aug 11, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
take me you ANIMAL (until 11am ET)
T-Bone
Aye Doc
Boomer the Cannon
Thifur
Laderhan

e: one hour now apparently

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Aug 11, 2017

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
11:00!!!

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

ThinkTank posted:

I'll take the overpaid but not that bad Brandon Sutter.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

He's the foundation on which to build a team. I mean, not a good team, or even an entertaining team, but, ya know, a "team".

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Denis Malgin

Skinner-Scheifele-Aho
Vanek-Krejci-Buchnevich
Henrique-Spooner-Ryan
Bjork-Beagle-Malgin

Fowler-McAvoy
Chara-TBD
Emelin-TBD

Gibson

Coach: Bill Dauterive

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Aug 11, 2017

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

He's legitimately fine as a 3C and if he cost $3M for the next 2 years and played on a team that wasn't mine I would be fine with him. He was just such a poor pickup by Benning given the state of the team and the direction they were headed (not to mention that they traded the far superior player in Bonino along with other stuff for him), but taken for what he is he's not all that bad. Sutter rightfully gets a lot of crap because of what he represents, but deployed as a low event centre with faceoff and PK duties he's perfectly adequate. It was the fanatical devotion Willie had to putting him on the first PP unit and then leaving him there despite the fact that he has the reaction time and offensive positioning of a sleep deprived sloth that made him seem so much worse than he is.

He's basically Taylor Pyatt with a bit more defensive awareness.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
It's a small sample size but Aaron Dell seems like a solid backup goalie.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

ThinkTank posted:

He's legitimately fine as a 3C and if he cost $3M for the next 2 years and played on a team that wasn't mine I would be fine with him. He was just such a poor pickup by Benning given the state of the team and the direction they were headed (not to mention that they traded the far superior player in Bonino along with other stuff for him), but taken for what he is he's not all that bad. Sutter rightfully gets a lot of crap because of what he represents, but deployed as a low event centre with faceoff and PK duties he's perfectly adequate. It was the fanatical devotion Willie had to putting him on the first PP unit and then leaving him there despite the fact that he has the reaction time and offensive positioning of a sleep deprived sloth that made him seem so much worse than he is.

He's basically Taylor Pyatt with a bit more defensive awareness.

Sutter is one of the softest players I've ever seen. Usually that label gets thrown around too easily but man that guy loses a lot of battles and stinks in the corners.

He has a hell of a shot and can finish on breakaways though.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

Sutter is one of the softest players I've ever seen. Usually that label gets thrown around too easily but man that guy loses a lot of battles and stinks in the corners.

He has a hell of a shot and can finish on breakaways though.

Oh yeah, "soft as butter Brandon Sutter" isn't just a thing because it rhymes. Much like Pyatt, he's big but doesn't engage physically in any way. That doesn't mean he's a bad player, but given his size you'd wish he'd push off someone just once.

He's a strictly north/south wrist shot off the rush type offensively. He's not quite quick enough to be really effective at it either, but give him some space and he can put it top corner. Defensively he's fine and he's willing to take a crap ton of faceoffs. His shot supression rate is about what you'd expect for a checker, but man oh man does he not direct anything towards the opposition net. He should really be playing 14 minutes a night and should put up 10g 10a. He plays 20 and gets 15g 15a, but that's just due to the extra ice time. He should never be making north of $3M and giving him term was stupid.

With that said, he's not the worst player in the league and there are worse options left out there.

ThinkTank fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Aug 11, 2017

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Animal, Doc, Boom skipped.

Thufir (2:13 PM EST)
Laderhan
Moosey
FBS

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
Jordan Martinook

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013
Zack Kassian

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

give me that big juicy D

Brandon Davidson

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Up next:
FBS (until 4:05 PM EST)
Infidel Castro
glyynenstein
corn on the cop

Skipped:
Verviticus
Iodised QQ
Boomer The Cannon

Kilza fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Aug 11, 2017

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
I'll take Madison Bowey to fill out my last D slot.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Mentholmoose takes ex-Oiler Martin Marincin. A true fancy stats pick.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I believe I am up - so I will take John Quenneville who was very good for Albany in his 20-year-old season and shoots the puck a lot. He figures to be a wing at the next level so he likely factors into the Devils plans for next season.

I will take the lovely Yannick Weber as my 6th defenseman.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

The Kings select 4 time Stanley Cup champion Chris Kunitz.

JvR - E. Staal - Kessel
Bailey - Kesler - Grabner
Nielsen - Filppula - Chimera
Kunitz - Vermette - x

Keith - Martinez
Beaulieu - Seidenberg
Streit - x

Rinne
x

Coach: Ken Hitchcock

Up next:
mentholmoose (until 7:18 PM EST)
Laderhan
Thufir
Boomer The Cannon
Aye Doc

Skipped:
Verviticus
Iodised QQ
Boomer The Cannon
FBS
Infidel Castro
glyynenstein

Kilza fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Aug 12, 2017

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Oops, forgot it was so close to my pick.

Philadelphia takes Gerard Gallant for its head coach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Alright, i think I'll take Jared McCann to be my fourth line center.

Nash-Eichel-Sheary
Cogliano-Koivu-Faksa
Patrick-Bozak-Karlsson
Winnik-McCann-Bennett

Gardiner-Faulk
Edler-Spurgeon
Marincin-?

Holtby

• Locked thread