Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

LentThem posted:

instead of a black guy in hong kong, you should have shown chaoshan girl this thread so she could make those guys even angrier by saying "im seeing a guy that sleeps on the floor at work and shits his pants sometimes and really hates china"

or is that less believable than a chungking black guy
Sleeps on the floor! Come on. Pants making GBS threads is natural, but on the floor like a dog? Come on!

Anything is believable here. These are people that think a slight breeze when it's 35C outside will cause pneumonia. If it weren't for the CCP, I'd imagine there would be tens of thousands of cults preying on the culture and superstition, with fervent believers similar to Korean Christian cults.

CG, to prevent this news from reaching her mom first, sent her photos of the selfies we took together. Her mom just laughed and said no foreigner is trustworthy, and she must marry a Chaoshan man to be happy in her life. The culture where men don't get education past middle school, and money and gambling is the only thing that matters. CG's dad is on his third marriage or something, with kids all over China. They are as deluded as can be.
I've met CG's younger sister, and she hates her parents and wants to get out of Guangdong forever and not look back, but she's only 18 and needs to rely on them for money for her coming university experience. They shamed her saying to not become like CG, because CG got education and now she is unmarried, and no Chaoshan man likes a girl with brains. CG said it is practically widow status among young Chaoshan guys, who all prefer to be 21 with a 13-year-old brainless girlfriend anyway.

CG's sister owns, and is like CG but more street smart. She's fat and not really cute, but she's got a good heart and saw early on how bad Chaoshan culture is to women and freedom, and used her teen rebellious streak to rage against it. She forgot to bring clothes to CG's house when she stayed for three weeks, so she wore CGs clothes. CG is about 155cm, and her sister is about 165cm and 10kg heavier. The shirts were tiny on her, and her belly was always hanging out. I reached out and grabbed it one day and the look I was given was one of "You are the first man to ever touch me..." She was always nice to me though.

Coolguye posted:

i'm slightly curious why CG hasn't given up yet and just immigrated to any place that will take her

it's very clear that she will never fit in around shenzen since she's not a drooling retard drowning in her own lies, and it's not like her family is a big reason for her to stay. it's unlikely she'd be able to just cruise in to any anglo country because the overriding sentiment in all of them has been 'gently caress off we're full' for over a decade but at the very least she should be able to get permanent residence in hong kong and at least be around people who give a poo poo about basic human decency
She wants to, but it's hard. She was even talking about marrying a gay guy in China or India or somewhere, and being his Beard so they could both just gently caress off and get the families out of the way. She knows she can't live in Shenzhen at all due to the proximity of family and childhood friends. She said she was much happier in Shanghai and other places, because nobody knew her, and her family was too far away to bother her.
If I were her, I'd also be put a 1000km distance between me and my parents. There's only so much care they have when it comes to spending money for a visit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Grand Fromage posted:

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=Mz...cZtAb9VKF7YvkDx

I missed this iPhone 6 leg challenge but I'm guessing it's legs thinner than an iPhone's height, because that's not gross or anything.

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=Mz...wechat_redirect
This was linked, and I found it much more exciting.
Pervert arrested after blowing his load on unsuspecting women

I remember some Japanese videos a really long time ago where guys were doing that and secretly recording it. Some of them would start to cry, and all of them looked terrified.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Haier posted:

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=Mz...wechat_redirect
This was linked, and I found it much more exciting.
Pervert arrested after blowing his load on unsuspecting women

I remember some Japanese videos a really long time ago where guys were doing that and secretly recording it. Some of them would start to cry, and all of them looked terrified.

The best part is that the dude's surname is Wang.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

# The Fuk Chak is a little old place, where
We can get togetheeeeer #

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Haier posted:

If it weren't for the CCP, I'd imagine there would be tens of thousands of cults preying on the culture and superstition

As it stands, there's only one: The CPP.

simplefish posted:

# The Fuk Chak is a little old place, where
We can get togetheeeeer #

It's. The. Fuk Chak. It's. The. Fuk Chak.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
Nearly every single Mainland girl I have known summarized:

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Haier posted:

Nearly every single Mainland girl I have known summarized:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
http://i.4cdn.org/pol/1502356424171.webm

Chinese roads are very strong.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
http://i.4cdn.org/pol/1502359008029.webm

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

:stare: Lol

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Holy gently caress.

Lady has a broken arm for sure - but dude.

/pol/.

Really?

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
The arm lands on the trashcan bottom left. Looks fake?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

WarpedNaba posted:

Holy gently caress.

Lady has a broken arm for sure - but dude.

/pol/.

Really?

Hey at least I didn't post any of the animal ones.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
it was better before the edit

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Third World Reggin posted:

it was better before the edit

Yeah, nice work on the flames and all but (Star Trek giiiiiiiiiiiif)

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
“The Silk Road Initiative" sounds so much better than OBOR. And it makes a lot more sense to people who don't actually know anything about China, thanks to Marco Polo. But they still insist on making rap videos with cartoon characters saying OBOR.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE.
And Thailand, but who cares, it's full of Chaoshan people.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ladies and gentlemen, start your engines!

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

Grand Fromage posted:

Korea dating is very weird. I eventually learned to stop asking about it because I was constantly creeped out.

I must have lucked out because it never felt weird to me? Or is it normal for me and weird for everybody else?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

kimcicle posted:

I must have lucked out because it never felt weird to me? Or is it normal for me and weird for everybody else?

Let your anime av guide you.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

kimcicle posted:

aren't you like ethnically korean tho?

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

ladron posted:

aren't you like ethnically korean tho?

Yeah? I dunno if GF meant Korean dating was weird because dating culture in Korea is so different, or dating culture when it comes to foreigners in Korea is so different.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/bhutan-rejects-beijings-claim-that-doklam-belongs-to-china/articleshow/60001311.cms

quote:

A top Chinese diplomat Wang Wenli had claimed that Bhutan had conveyed to Beijing through diplomatic channels that the area of the standoff is not its territory.

Wang, who is the deputy director general of the Department of Boundary and Ocean Affairs in China's foreign ministry, reportedly conveyed this information to a visiting Indian media delegation on Wednesday.
She, however, did not provide any evidence to back her claim, which has been strongly denied by Bhutan.

Official sources in the Bhutanese Government told ANI over phone, "Our position on the border issue of Doklam is very clear. Please refer to our statement which has been published on the web site of Bhutan's foreign ministry on June 29, 2017."

Reacting to the developments in Doklam, Bhutan had on June 29 issued a press release+ in which it clearly stated that the construction of the road inside Bhutanese territory is a direct violation of the agreements and affects the process of demarcating the boundary between the two countries.

In the press release, Bhutan said that the Chinese Army started constructing a motorable road from Dokola in the Doklam area towards the Bhutan Army camp at Zompelri on June 16, 2017.
The Chinese diplomat, while acknowledging that Bhutan had intially protested about Beijing's violation in the Doklam area, was quoted as saying, "After the incident, the Bhutanese made it very clear to us that the place where the trespassing happened is not Bhutan's territory."

She was further quoted as saying that "Bhutanese find it very strange that the Indian border troops are on the Chinese soil," and implied that her views have been gleaned from Bhutanese state media and legal blogs which have "more convincing information".

However, Bhutan has denied all these claims.
For gently caress's sake. China's taking it to a new level now with blatant lies that don't even pretend to sound legitimate. "LOL, u guys totally told us that area belongs to us. I swear. What? Evidence? Come on, they told me secretly. Why would I say something untrue?"

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
hey thai goons

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3829832

questions want answers

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
my sister just went to thailand a few months ago and she loved it. cheap, fun, and everyone there is friendly for the most part.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
of course why would you expect gbs goons to know anything about thailand besides "durrr u a pedo or like ladyboys???"

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I went to thailand....I dont get it.

Lao was nice and Cambodia was depressing but also...I dont know the people were laid back etc.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
The lechery in this thread has fallen lately so:

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
^^^^
check a page or 2 back

you dont have to gently caress ladyboys and kids. There are plenty of consenting adults with the same nosejob

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I'd say 30% of the guys I know who've been to thailand 'picked up' a bar girl. All of them gave them money afterwards. They all told me it's not prostitution because 'that's the culture there, it's different, it's like a gift, and also they liked not having to go home with some fat old guy'.

It's prostitution

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

kimcicle posted:

Yeah? I dunno if GF meant Korean dating was weird because dating culture in Korea is so different, or dating culture when it comes to foreigners in Korea is so different.

I took it as the second one, because, not least of all, the Korean girls who will actually date foreigners, are special breed. But, maybe he'll weigh in and explain further.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

McGavin posted:

The best part is that the dude's surname is Wang.

lol

On Tuesday, police arrested the suspect, surnamed Wang, a 28-year-old factory worker from Taizhou who reportedly has never had a girlfriend

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

kimcicle posted:

Did you just hang with gyopo and international types, or local locals, though?

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Haier posted:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/bhutan-rejects-beijings-claim-that-doklam-belongs-to-china/articleshow/60001311.cms

For gently caress's sake. China's taking it to a new level now with blatant lies that don't even pretend to sound legitimate. "LOL, u guys totally told us that area belongs to us. I swear. What? Evidence? Come on, they told me secretly. Why would I say something untrue?"

That's just China being a sloppy compulsive liar. I am not sure which is worse, China or Trump.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oohhboy posted:

That's just China being a sloppy compulsive liar. I am not sure which is worse, China or Trump.

china by a large margin.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
China has more actual aims, trump can't focus longer than 5 minutes.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
counterpoint, trump is regarded as more a threat than China and is thus taken more seriously.

China may have aims but they are irrelevant when they keep pushing back the goalposts. China will rule the world by 2010, or 2020, or is it now 2025? Oh wait, they have gone strangely silent as the deadline looms

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

oohhboy posted:

is this an actual post

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Ups_rail posted:

So did we ever get told what the 5th piece was?

I found ittttttt

https://i.imgur.com/j0XNcJB_d.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

ladron posted:

I took it as the second one, because, not least of all, the Korean girls who will actually date foreigners, are special breed. But, maybe he'll weigh in and explain further.

I mean it's both but I was thinking Korean dating. An example story. One of my friends had started dating a new guy, so I asked her about how it started.

She said she'd met him at like a blind speed dating thing. She didn't particularly like him so turned him down, but he clearly was into her. A few days later she found him waiting outside when she left work. He said he'd managed to track down her employer and showed up to beg for a date. She said no. He followed her home, asking again and again. The next day he was waiting again. And the next. On weekends he would hang around outside her apartment or at the cafe across the street.

The stalking continued for about a month until she finally said okay because he was being so romantic. They went on a date and were now together. By this point I was as :stare: as one can get and asked why she didn't call the police and she said it wasn't weird, it was romantic!

This story was not in any way unique, most of the girls I knew had a similar creepy as gently caress story of how they met their boyfriends, but this was the one where I decided I was never again going to ask how anybody met. As far as I could tell from these and other stories I heard, the main dating strategy in Korea is stalking. Plus there's the clubs the single girls go to and get assigned numbers and sent off to sit with random dudes and all that poo poo.

• Locked thread