Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
flings are the most dangerous of the stunty teams i find. the trees are more evil than 6 ogres.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013

Victor Vermis posted:

Tried the Beta. I fiddled with the resolution and broke it. Uninstalled. Also I couldn't access mixed teams. And the box font everywhere was all mashed together and unreadable.

Guessing these are just mac issues though.

I did play one game as Zons vs. Halflings. The Halfling coach quit after failing GFIs and Loner rolls in his first 3 turns. GIT FUKT IM THE BEST.

I thought fling trees didn't have loner.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Deeproot does

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
So is the legendary bundle a good deal at this point? I played original Blood Bowl quite a bit but was put off by the 2nd due to the expensive DLC.

$50 (CDN) seems reasonable for the base game, all DLC and the expansion.

Are all the DLC teams fun and interesting to play? When I played boardgame Blood Bowl I usually played Undead teams so i'd know I'd want at least some of the DLC teams.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
A team consisting of everyone with Dodge! Who can get a star player female ogre. She has a beard.

A team consisting of everyone with leap AND very long legs. And a bear. I think the bear invited itself.

A team you can throw most of your team mates at the enemy. With or without the ball at the same time!

You can get teams of teams so can have all the chaos teams, or all the elves, or all the human teams on one side.

I think the only team not included is the all Daemon team of bloodthirsters.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
chaos pact is also missing.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Some people were still playing BB1 because of the lack of teams in BB2.

I expect BB2 to absorb most of those players with this expansions. Now let's hope some interesting leagues get set up.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Someone needs to mod Total War: Warhammer Total with the option to win battles via blood bowl games.

In, other news: Blood Bowl 2: Legendary Edition - Content Reveal Trailer.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Blood Bowl 2: In no way monotonous hours upon hours of endless endless lifetimes of coverage

Comstar fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Aug 10, 2017

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Oh, do I have to pay for this game again?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Wooper posted:

Yes. Yes you do.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Wooper posted:

Does buying an expansion pack count?

LBJs Jumbo Dick
May 6, 2007
Tacos! Tacos! Tacos!
I love Blood Bowl, but after trying to play pick up games today...I'm regretting my pre-order. I forgot how difficult it is to actually get an opponent to not quit. The best is when someone GGs me and then disconnects without conceding. I do love waiting 5 minutes.

koolaidconvoy
Jan 3, 2002
A plastic sock mating.

ganthony posted:

I love Blood Bowl, but after trying to play pick up games today...I'm regretting my pre-order. I forgot how difficult it is to actually get an opponent to not quit. The best is when someone GGs me and then disconnects without conceding. I do love waiting 5 minutes.

No limits on concedes in beta public league. Full release you can play on the champions ladder, which limits coaches to 5 concedes before ban. Generally is a good league for quality games.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

koolaidconvoy posted:

No limits on concedes in beta public league. Full release you can play on the champions ladder, which limits coaches to 5 concedes before ban. Generally is a good league for quality games.

Is that current now? How can I tell a league has that rule?

LBJs Jumbo Dick
May 6, 2007
Tacos! Tacos! Tacos!

koolaidconvoy posted:

Yeah. I know about the Champions ladder leagues. I am just not that active of a a player anymore, so I'll get a few games in with a1k TV team and come back to find it over. I was just generally bitching after a super irritating day of blood bowling.

koolaidconvoy
Jan 3, 2002
A plastic sock mating.

Comstar posted:

Is that current now? How can I tell a league has that rule?

The only public league that has that rule is the champions ladder. Yes it is current and is in season 8. The ladder resets every 6-8 weeks with participation requiring new teams.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Just bought BB2 now that it has all the teams and the first few matches have been rather unsatisfying.

1st game: I roll lots of dubskulls while managing miraculous cas rolls on the occasion my team does anything successfully and my opponent cannot succeed on 3+ rolls to save his life. Game is a draw mostly due to dice preventing plays from both sides, and then my opponent concedes because ???
2nd game: opponent wins coin flip, fails to inflict any cas on initial blocks, and concedes
3rd game: roll EIGHTY FOUR successful blocks against Norse for a grand total of four KOs, lose game 1-0.
EDIT: 4th game: get matched up 180 TV vs trimmed min/max Norse with a team that has three levelups

Voyager I fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Aug 17, 2017

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Sounds like bloodbowl to me but missing got 3 R.I.P on my blitzer. Team retired.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Voyager I posted:

Just bought BB2 now that it has all the teams and the first few matches have been rather unsatisfying.

1st game: I roll lots of dubskulls while managing miraculous cas rolls on the occasion my team does anything successfully and my opponent cannot succeed on 3+ rolls to save his life. Game is a draw mostly due to dice preventing plays from both sides, and then my opponent concedes because ???
2nd game: opponent wins coin flip, fails to inflict any cas on initial blocks, and concedes
3rd game: roll EIGHTY FOUR successful blocks against Norse for a grand total of four KOs, lose game 1-0.
EDIT: 4th game: get matched up 180 TV vs trimmed min/max Norse with a team that has three levelups

Apparently the Champion League(?) won't allow repeated concedes. Sounds like the way to go.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Welp, I've caved in and bought BB2, is the info on the op still accurate and there's an active goon league?

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Comstar posted:

Apparently the Champion League(?) won't allow repeated concedes. Sounds like the way to go.

Yes, but the downside is that Champion League defaults to 3 minute turns. That can get really boring if you're against slow people.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
My newish Orc team got the dreaded 290k TV Chaos pair-up...and my boys actually came out on top of it 2-1 without any perms (much to my surprise), killing his Ball-gor along the way.

FWIW it wasn't Murder Chaos, so his boys were rocking Guard instead of Mighty Blow, though he did get his +Agility warrior ejected fouling a 0 SPP Black Orc.

Inevitablelongshot
Mar 26, 2010
Heads up- The beta is back up with the rest of the teams. Check in steam library for a separate download.

Edit. Tried goblins. Great fun, then I got pitch cleared, would get pitch cleared again.

Inevitablelongshot fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Aug 24, 2017

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

A summary of my BB2LE beta experience: https://clips.twitch.tv/HilariousApatheticWolverinePhilosoraptor

Some pubbie and his potato PC managed to stretch a match from its 70 minute max to 100 minutes. I'd give him a medal if I wasn't busy making improvised music videos.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Just a heads up that Vamps currently have a pretty crippling bug: if one of your vamps rolls a bloodlust and you try to activate a blitz with the next player before he has completed the bite, he will retroactively steal the blitz action before biting the thrall and ending his turn.

Now taking bets on whether this is fixed for release.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Cool game.

:wtc:

Lazerbeam
Feb 4, 2011

Beta as gently caress.

Surely they can fix some text rendering by next months release, right?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I see you purchased Chaos Edition

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
So I just bought the last copy of board game version of Blood Bowl from Minds Games in Melbourne at the 40th anniversary (1.2 hours in the queue to get in). What's the difference between the current board game and the computer version?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Ironically, the videogame has a lot more teams now, as gw haven't started selling sculpts for a lot of em but released a provisional "if you own the models they still play the same :)" rules addendum. There are a few changes between the LRB and BB16, but nothing that huge: spiralling expenses is a confusing mess, Piling On is now trash tier, Gutter Runners have a dumb new skill entirely for fluff reasons, and they no longer award MVP to a random guy who died in the match.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Something I have never done in BB2 because I've never seen how:

How do you do a hand off? I have only ever done a short pass.

How do you turn on the grid?

How do you turn on the skill icons above players heads?

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Comstar posted:

Something I have never done in BB2 because I've never seen how:

How do you do a hand off? I have only ever done a short pass.

How do you turn on the grid?

How do you turn on the skill icons above players heads?

To hand off with BB2 controls, select your ball handler and left-click a player on an adjacent tile. You can move the handler, then do the hand-off at the end of his action. You can't hand-off and then move however. You can do one pass and one hand-off in one turn. If you already handed off once, it defaults to passing even if you're next to the guy.

Hit CTRL to go through the different grid layers. There's one with just the grid, and one with grid and skills, and in the beta there's one with grid and only aqquired skills from level ups.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Aug 26, 2017

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

I'm having trouble with goblins, but man, it's poo poo like the clip below that keeps me playing them (sorry about the music).

https://clips.twitch.tv/GlamorousSteamyTrollPeoplesChamp

My endzone was beyond recovery. My secret weapons and trolls were at the LOS. I was just trying to get some of his guys down when a bomb went on a wild adventure.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Aug 27, 2017

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
What even happened in that clip?

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

He intercepted a bomb and threw an inaccurate pass, and I somehow managed to intercept that with a goblin in the rain, 10 tiles away in the wrong direction. It being an ag4 gob helped.

I have never seen ball or bomb go that far off course before though. Says 3+5+5 on the scatter, whatever that means.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Aug 27, 2017

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Lunethex posted:

What even happened in that clip?

Goblins have a positional called the bombadier. His job is to toss a bomb at the enemy and blow them and everything immediately surrounding them up, except he's a lovely gobby so the enemy can catch his bomb and proceed to play hot potato with it until someone eventually drops it. In this case the vamp that caught the bomb managed to not toss the bomb to the nearby ogre like he wanted, but to some random gobby half-a-field away who then hosed up another vamp and the two gobbies standing next to it.

koolaidconvoy
Jan 3, 2002
A plastic sock mating.
One of the biggest BB2 leagues is recruiting for the next season starting Oct 5. REBBL. They have divisions for NA, Euro, and Oceania/AUS.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
So the expansion is out. Any thoughts? Is the single player campaign any good or is it just a series of matches?

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Comstar posted:

Is the single player campaign any good or is it just a series of matches?

Assuming it hasn't changed since the base game, it's a sort of storyline + tutorial type dealie. The game tries to teach you mechanics one game at a time, but does it pretty awkwardly. Like they don't introduce turnovers until a few matches in, so for a bit you can just do loving anything you want without consequence. The AI is braindead as ever too, which doesn't help things. Later matches do actually have neat parts to them though. Mechanics that don't exist in the multi like having a gobbie copter crash into the field, creating a few blocks that act like OOB.

In short, boring with a few decent thoughts sprinkled around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

One of the first screens in LE says the singleplayer has changed.

I can't remember the changes and have no idea what they meant.

• Locked thread