Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012

and what the gently caress is that graphic? Abbot's head shedding onion skin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

MonoAus posted:

and what the gently caress is that graphic? Abbot's head shedding onion skin?

It was from a Bolt article, and I'm guessing the graphic design team doesn't like Abbott as much as the editorial staff does.

Meat Miracle
Oct 24, 2010
Better lock up your daughter's precious gifts, Australia *winks using third, horizontal eyelid*.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

ayy i'm leakin' here!!

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
The full bench of the High Court will hear the case against the postal vote in September. There will be no surveys sent out before Sept 12.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
https://twitter.com/gordypls/status/895889916260786177

Putrid Dog
Feb 13, 2012

"God, I wish I was dead!"
Additionally

https://twitter.com/political_alert/status/895834097016225793

Looks like this has backfired spectacularly.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Send him in first.

Two man section with the mad monk. No wait Brandis can carry the LSW, three man.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Too much effort to wear blue jeans for the occasion I guess.

I suppose too much effort for [positive result] could really be applied to most of his career.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Do I need to do anything special to vote or will they just mail me a form?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Mills posted:

Do I need to do anything special to vote or will they just mail me a form?

Probably nothing, unless you're overseas or a silent elector or something else that highlights how much of a shitshow this is.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

It'd be hilarious if Marriage Equality passes because 16 and 17 year olds can vote.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It'd be hilarious if Marriage Equality passes because 16 and 17 year olds can vote.

INVALID INVALID INVALID screams the ACL

EDIT: Well here's a terrifying preview of the shitshow about to flood our airwaves... https://acl.nationbuilder.com/marriage_coalition

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Probably nothing, unless you're overseas or a silent elector or something else that highlights how much of a shitshow this is.

Don' be silly only the ACL are getting the forms.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Breaking: John Howard is teaming up with Tony Abbott for the campaign against same-sex marriage.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

hooman posted:

EDIT: Well here's a terrifying preview of the shitshow about to flood our airwaves... https://acl.nationbuilder.com/marriage_coalition

Our Board

Due to security concerns, this page is temporarily unavailable

Lol

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

hooman posted:

Minimum donation 30$ ??? Thats like 1 and a half smashed avo toasts.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Anidav posted:

Breaking: John Howard is teaming up with Tony Abbott for the campaign against same-sex marriage.
Maybe they should get married.

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012

hooman posted:

quote:

Redefining marriage will threaten your freedom of speech
Redefining marriage can take away your religious freedom
Redefining marriage is the step before redefining gender itself
Redefining marriage will take away will take away children’s rights – every child deserves a mum and a dad

tbh if this is the best they can come up with maybe it won't be so bad

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoUY_0-w9hQ

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Please put the Tony jacket photos in the same "do not post" category as each and every photo fo Caleb Bond, tia

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Can we get one of those jackets on Caleb?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Can we get some clearasil on Caleb?

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

He's up to 21, beyond a joke:

https://twitter.com/KetanJ0/status/895939850033025025

Edit: re Tony Fonzarelli, wasn't Fonzie a leaner in Happy Days? Why would Abbott dress-up as one of the Liberal party's top scapegoats?

Pile Of Garbage fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Aug 11, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

I tried thinking of something funny to add but really after reading that list you just want to slump and laugh.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Why do right-wing chain emails have so much frickin' preamble JUST GET TO THE POINT I DON'T HAVE ALL loving DAY

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Starshark posted:

Why do right-wing chain emails have so much frickin' preamble JUST GET TO THE POINT I DON'T HAVE ALL loving DAY

The less you have to actually say the more bullshit is said to obfuscate how little that you're bringing to the table.

"I'm a hated filled bigot" is too short so they say a lot of other things instead.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
First Dog:

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

I would blow Dane Cook is probably the best forums name. Legit grosses me out.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
it's not about rights? Curves is a gym exclusive to women if I want to join that club as a man I can't because i'm a man. Marriage has until recently been a club exclusively for a man and women if you are Gay you can't get in.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

We do not deserve Pope, he is far too good for this lovely country.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Starshark posted:

it's not about rights? Curves is a gym exclusive to women if I want to join that club as a man I can't because i'm a man. Marriage has until recently been a club exclusively for a man and women if you are Gay you can't get in.

Pay a plastic surgeon to give you some tits and get your dick chopped off.

Alternatively wear a pretty floral dress for the next 6 months and tell everyone about how free you feel then apply for gym membership.

But it has to be a nice pretty dress. We're classy goons here :clint:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Knobb Manwich posted:

I would blow Dane Cook is probably the best forums name. Legit grosses me out.

glasnost toyboy

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

QUACKTASTIC posted:

Mr Thomson said News Corporation would make the likes of digital giants like Google and Facebook accountable for the use of its content.

"We are now in advanced discussions with those platforms over the creation of payment mechanisms for news of verified veracity."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-11/news-corporation-profit-slumps-on-newspaper-writedowns/8796800

I'm pretty sure this exact poo poo happened in Europe a few years ago where a bunch of newspapers sued Google because they said its search results were causing the papers to lose money.

And then Google stopped showing those papers at all in search results and they all nearly went under.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
https://twitter.com/sweary_bear/status/895922391779483648

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Gorilla Salad posted:

I'm pretty sure this exact poo poo happened in Europe a few years ago where a bunch of newspapers sued Google because they said its search results were causing the papers to lose money.

And then Google stopped showing those papers at all in search results and they all nearly went under.

Yup. Can't wait for a repeat of history :haw:

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

MythLisp posted:

Additionally

https://twitter.com/political_alert/status/895834097016225793

Looks like this has backfired spectacularly.

I just checked something. According to the AEC, an estimated 816,000 eligible voters weren't enrolled at the 2016 election, nearly a third of them 18-24 year olds.

Obviously this figure would balloon up somewhat outside of election years, but even then, 68,000 people registering is significant chunk of that figure. If this continues even vaguely as well as today, we could see some of the best enrollment figures in history.

And we all know most of them will be young people :allears:

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

Birdstrike posted:

glasnost toyboy

Naw, wanna make out before Tony and Pete make it illegal?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Coucho Marx posted:

I just checked something. According to the AEC, an estimated 816,000 eligible voters weren't enrolled at the 2016 election, nearly a third of them 18-24 year olds.

Obviously this figure would balloon up somewhat outside of election years, but even then, 68,000 people registering is significant chunk of that figure. If this continues even vaguely as well as today, we could see some of the best enrollment figures in history.

And we all know most of them will be young people :allears:

Oh god if enrolling thousands upon thousands of young people to vote leads the coalition to an even more crushing defeat at the next election it won't be 1/10 of what they deserve for this shitshow but christ all mighty it will be a quantum of justice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

hooman posted:

Oh god if enrolling thousands upon thousands of young people to vote leads the coalition to an even more crushing defeat at the next election it won't be 1/10 of what they deserve for this shitshow but christ all mighty it will be a quantum of justice.

About the only political rule we can count on anymore is that things will happen in the most ironic possible fashion, so I think this is practically a guarantee.

• Locked thread