Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

steinrokkan posted:

lovely mods like you make everybody miserable by making their subforums terrible. You don't have to be biased against somebody personally for them to realize what a loving failure of a mod you are, and how thoroughly you deprave your forum of fun and content.

ah yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Right now I'm just praying for Kelp Me!'s car

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Antivehicular posted:

Right now I'm just praying for Kelp Me!'s car

thank you friend

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

steinrokkan posted:

lovely mods like you make everybody miserable by making their subforums terrible. You don't have to be biased against somebody personally for them to realize what a loving failure of a mod you are, and how thoroughly you deprave your forum of fun and content.

wait, you're still mad I told you to not argue about videogame feminism in a thread where I said "don't post about videogame feminism" ? The idea there was that if people earnestly started arguing instead of posting photoshops, then the thread would devolve from a weak photoshop thread and into yet another dumb thread for arguing.

I can see how people thought I was trying to make things terrible because I was actively trying to direct things away from there being a million threads about lena dunham being fat or letting dad gay so what post. I may have been over aggressive in the futile ideal of "stop being poo poo" and in hindsight realize what I wanted was impossible.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Spanish Manlove posted:

any punishment is a bad punishment unless I also agree with it

I don't know what this post is trying to communicate at all

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Spanish Manlove posted:

wait, you're still mad I told you to not argue about videogame feminism in a thread where I said "don't post about videogame feminism" ? The idea there was that if people earnestly started arguing instead of posting photoshops, then the thread would devolve from a weak photoshop thread and into yet another dumb thread for arguing.

I can see how people thought I was trying to make things terrible because I was actively trying to direct things away from there being a million threads about lena dunham being fat or letting dad gay so what post. I may have been over aggressive in the futile ideal of "stop being poo poo" and in hindsight realize what I wanted was impossible.

I don't know what you talk about, I just remember that you were a self important rear end who closed popular threads just so you could restart them with you as OP, and that you gassed threads just because you thought they were unfunny, like a janitor banning people from entering a movie screening because the film is not funny enough.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Is this the greatest saga you have to be discussing right now? Please take any arguments to PMs :wooper:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm gonna guess this is over people being mad at a few sixers, like it always is.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I am sure this saga has been posted but let's relive Goon Island. A thread on another forum that lists the highlights as well as has images of it all intact

What happens when a yoga teacher wants to make his own house on a Hawaiian island and recruits goons to be his workers? They shoot pig to death with a pellet gun

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

steinrokkan posted:

I don't know what you talk about, I just remember that you were a self important rear end who closed popular threads just so you could restart them with you as OP, and that you gassed threads just because you thought they were unfunny, like a janitor banning people from entering a movie screening because the film is not funny enough.

As I've said yet before:

-Closing the threads was an attempt to get people out of megathreads. It was something I did in PYF as weekend halloween mod and thought it would work in GBS. It didn't, so I said "well look how easy it is to make a thread, that's more effort than anyone's offered up so far." and made the OSHA thread with the OP of alkjsfgakjhhdfcvhsa. It wasn't to get my name on a goldmined thread.

-Duh, that was the point.

-It's more like being the minimum wage bouncer only having as much clout as a janitor.

Got any other misremembered things I can clarify in a PM instead of you continuing to pass butthurt groupthink as facts?

EmmyOk posted:

Is this the greatest saga you have to be discussing right now? Please take any arguments to PMs :wooper:

Edit: just saw this. Got it, chief.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spanish Manlove posted:

As I've said yet before:

-Closing the threads was an attempt to get people out of megathreads. It was something I did in PYF as weekend halloween mod and thought it would work in GBS. It didn't, so I said "well look how easy it is to make a thread, that's more effort than anyone's offered up so far." and made the OSHA thread with the OP of alkjsfgakjhhdfcvhsa. It wasn't to get my name on a goldmined thread.

-Duh, that was the point.

-It's more like being the minimum wage bouncer only having as much clout as a janitor.

Got any other misremembered things I can clarify in a PM instead of you continuing to pass butthurt groupthink as facts?

Edit: just saw this. Got it, chief.
Hey dipshit, you don't get to go "OK ILL STOP" right after you vomit your bullshit. If you're truly sorry, edit your loving post out instead of later jerking off to getting the last word.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Wow, I didn't know posting that stupid gif would lead to this...sorry everyone.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

I am sure this saga has been posted but let's relive Goon Island. A thread on another forum that lists the highlights as well as has images of it all intact

What happens when a yoga teacher wants to make his own house on a Hawaiian island and recruits goons to be his workers? They shoot pig to death with a pellet gun

I think this is ongoing, isn't it? I remember hearing about this recently in the DIY sub forum .

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Speaking of DIY, did that one goon's bathtub ever collapse into itself like a dying star?

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Back to Lowtax chat, his Murder the Internet podcast is really good. If you've been around long enough to remember the greatest sagas of the SA forums, you're definitely jaded as gently caress enough about the internet to listen to Lowtax rant about it.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

speaking of good mods, Sonic 3 Complete is p good. that's all

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

BJPaskoff posted:

Back to Lowtax chat

no

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

The Saddest Rhino posted:

speaking of good mods, Sonic 3 Complete is p good. that's all

yes

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Spanish Manlove was fine as a mod. You're all being really crazy and mean to him.

The DIY Hawaiian island dudes were nuts. I think they all got sick from drinking from a kiddie pool the wild hogs poo poo in. Still probably lasted longer then those Texarrakis idiots.

Desk Lamp
Jun 30, 2014
The best mod is the one that lets you torture fairies in Minecraft. Once you add in the horrific screaming audio files created by the foremost authority on the subject that is.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Rough Lobster posted:

Anyone remember the goon who decided to become a long haul trucker (I think with his dad?)

I remember a series of posts with long periods in between wherein he got more and more strung out and depressed and sometimes had weird moments of lucidity.

If he wasn't a goon I definitely heard about it here.
I believe this was Bruiser, I know he was a trucker for a while but it drained him and he went back to school.

purple death ray posted:

I don't actually think there are any good mods

Albrot was a decent mod in SAS, but he toxxed his modship on the Steelers beating the Packers in the Super Bowl. The Packers won.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Mensa

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

i'm too lazy to find the pictures but franco posted multiple pictures of himself where he would casually leave mensa-related materials prominently positioned, including one that was in the bathroom that made it look like he reads all of his mail in the sink

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Desk Lamp posted:

The best mod is the one that lets you torture fairies in Minecraft. Once you add in the horrific screaming audio files created by the foremost authority on the subject that is.

what in the loving goddamn

also

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Pastry of the Year posted:

what in the loving goddamn

It's a reference to some guy deciding the minecraft thread desperately needed to know about his fairy torture fetish via minecraft mods and posting his fanfic on the subject

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Nuns with Guns posted:

It's a reference to some guy deciding the minecraft thread desperately needed to know about his fairy torture fetish via minecraft mods and posting his fanfic on the subject

Fanfic is an incredibly mild way of putting it. It was a manifesto.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
There were so many details. :geno:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

WrenP-Complete posted:

I think this is ongoing, isn't it? I remember hearing about this recently in the DIY sub forum .

No I think this is very old! Maybe it just came up in DIY but ideally it'd turn out there's a second one. Goon Island: The Lost World. Please post it if there is!

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Who What Now posted:

Fanfic is an incredibly mild way of putting it. It was a manifesto.

Oh ick, that guy. And he posted it so blithely, too, like it was the most normal thing in the world to share (in retrospect probably part of the appeal to him).

I keep confusing him with the guy who posted about finding some Magic card art, uh, stimulating and someone else immediately found the card, posted it, and it was the guy's avatar in short order. I think that's the origin of "sometimes these things just happen, okay?"

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Oh ick, that guy. And he posted it so blithely, too, like it was the most normal thing in the world to share (in retrospect probably part of the appeal to him).

I know this one keeps coming up in this thread, but it's worth it. It's just so goddamned weird, because you're right; he brought it up like it was nothing. "Oh, yeah, I have this thing about crushing and torturing fairies. Anyway, can you guys recommend a mod that..." and literally everyone in the thread (back when it was super busy) just all did a collective :stare:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

So a weirdo showed up in the tech bubble thread back in June talking about his insane coffee regimen.

Then just recently he had a freakout and permatoxxed over whether there exists a single job that requires a software engineering certification or whatever the gently caress. There does.

curufinor posted:

I'm actually pretty sure that was EE PE but OK, technically true
so just remember how long it took
someone permaban me now

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Check his post history in the thread for the coffee deets.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

I keep confusing him with the guy who posted about finding some Magic card art, uh, stimulating and someone else immediately found the card, posted it, and it was the guy's avatar in short order. I think that's the origin of "sometimes these things just happen, okay?"

Haha, who was this?

(And was it Fire Elemental or Earthbind?)

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Rollersnake posted:

Haha, who was this?

Twiddle.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Rollersnake posted:

Haha, who was this?

Pretty sure it was Fire Elemental (lol at how this is apparently a known thing among Magic players) and to his credit (or as I recall it) he took it in stride, I think he was at a point of recognizing how silly it was and was trying to self-improve. I probably got the two confused with the casualness both had over very different situations.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Charles Bukowski posted:

Spanish Manlove was fine as a mod. You're all being really crazy and mean to him.

The DIY Hawaiian island dudes were nuts. I think they all got sick from drinking from a kiddie pool the wild hogs poo poo in. Still probably lasted longer then those Texarrakis idiots.

I don't remember Franco being horrible compared to all the other mods at the time but he was and continues to be extremely boring which is why it's weird so many people even bother responding to or remembering him. Really he was just a pretentious dude who was as bad of a mod as most of the others were then

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I just realised in his av that guy is doing bull horns with his fingers and he's not cowering from the bull :downs:

Does anyone have links or quotes from the keto thread where that dude ended up with a 90 year old's cholesterol at 22?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

WTF did Daniel Geduld get probated for that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I don't think I've ever seen the actual thread of that which I'd like to cause I want to see the fat powerlifting mod probate anyone who even remotely questioned it