Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I can't wait for the 220 yard, 3 TD Alshon game against the Cowboys

Nolan Carroll will give up 2 of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

89 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AMpNN3feGg

I didn't really consider how Dallas has lost a lot of their o-line and their secondary has been drenched in gasoline and lit on fire. They seemed to have made some good CB picks in the draft. But, it's hard to depend on rookies. Then the suspensions.

Dallas defense could be really, really bad.

They've been really bad since wade's second year and have been carried by an amazing offense.

The claim that dallas' D was any good over the past three years comes only from people looking at stats and not the game.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

89 posted:

I can't wait for the 220 yard, 3 TD Alshon game against the Cowboys

Nolan Carroll will give up 2 of them.

Too bad you'll lose 42-35

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Dallas' best defensive weapon is their offense holding the ball for 40 minutes a game

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Mr. Nice! posted:

They've been really bad since wade's second year and have been carried by an amazing offense.

The claim that dallas' D was any good over the past three years comes only from people looking at stats and not the game.

Yeah our offense has been bad since 2009, and in some of those Rob Ryan years, historically bad, which is apparently just his calling card as a coach or something

Along with "holding the ball a long time," Dallas has the magical secret weapon of "being efficient on offense so they play with a lead most of the time" to help their defense

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Eagles are the best.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

corn on the cop posted:

Dallas' best defensive weapon is their offense holding the ball for 40 minutes a game

Not against Philly's D-Line :smug:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

89 posted:

Not against Philly's D-Line :smug:

That last game of the season where Dallas was resting players and had nothing to play for was very serious.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Fletcher Cox, Brandon Graham, Derek Barnett, Timmy Jernigan, Chris Long, and Vinny Curry.

You don't want none.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
SUPER BOWL

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

89 posted:

SUPER BOWL

I mean it's only one preseason drive.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

but yes

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Mack Hollins might be cool and good

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Stiff armed the gently caress out of those loser Packers defenders.

Also, Clay Matthews couldn't take down Wentz :smug:

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
Man remember Chip Kelly's Eagles tearing through preseason defenses running full bore

fun times

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Packers just scored a punt return touchdown.

Cancel the Superbowl

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Redskins looking like poop. Definitely an auspicious start to the season.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Redskins looking like poop. Definitely an auspicious start to the season.

Philly has fumbled the ball about 10 times

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

TheChirurgeon posted:

Man remember Chip Kelly's Eagles tearing through preseason defenses running full bore

fun times

the Eagles lost the game to avoid the curse of 4-0 in the pre-season. All is going according to plan.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
hell yeah

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/895803269783498753

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The UDFA big hitting safety that the Eagles signed big hit a Packer and sent him out on the stretcher. Hope the dude is okay.

Don't lead with your head!

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I like this angle:

https://twitter.com/EagleSessions/status/895807943790264321

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Impressive, but he's no Steve Smith.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

it was a good pass and run after catch, but that's some awful pass protection

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
With any luck the Packers have decided to adopt the Cowboys defensive strategy.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

TheChirurgeon posted:

it was a good pass and run after catch, but that's some awful pass protection

If I'm being overly critical, it wasn't a "good" pass either.

Obviously Carson was pressured, but he still sailed it a little, just like he did last year. That might worry me a bit.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Just looks like Matthews had a good sneaky blitz

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
Someone missed their assignment, which is why Johnson ends up blocking no one. My guess is that Blount was supposed to block Matthews rather than go outside

Matthews wasn't particularly sneaky running up to the line there before the snap

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

aBagorn posted:

If I'm being overly critical, it wasn't a "good" pass either.

Obviously Carson was pressured, but he still sailed it a little, just like he did last year. That might worry me a bit.

And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Romans 8:28

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/895850160839938048

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

So what is the suspension for? Crimes he was never found guilty of or the boob thing?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Boobs

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

TheChirurgeon posted:

Someone missed their assignment, which is why Johnson ends up blocking no one. My guess is that Blount was supposed to block Matthews rather than go outside

Matthews wasn't particularly sneaky running up to the line there before the snap

That makes more sense

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Sickening posted:

So what is the suspension for? Crimes he was never found guilty of or the boob thing?

The NFL doesn't need an arrest or conviction to suspend their players if they feel it's necessary. Word is that it's looking like 6 games, which should get knocked down to 3 or 4 games I imagine.

They're dragging their rear end through it, but it's still nice big picture to see the NFL actually develop an approach to these situations. Gonna suck rear end to be without Zeke for those games, but it's not like our defense was gonna keep us in them anyway.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Shinjobi posted:

The NFL doesn't need an arrest or conviction to suspend their players if they feel it's necessary. Word is that it's looking like 6 games, which should get knocked down to 3 or 4 games I imagine.

They're dragging their rear end through it, but it's still nice big picture to see the NFL actually develop an approach to these situations. Gonna suck rear end to be without Zeke for those games, but it's not like our defense was gonna keep us in them anyway.

How in the gently caress do you suspend someone 6 games with that little evidence

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Looks like Zeke will be getting a 6 game suspension 😜

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Welp, grats Giants or Eagles on the division

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

TheChirurgeon posted:

How in the gently caress do you suspend someone 6 games with that little evidence

6 games looks to be the minimum for domestic violence related issues.

I'm glad of it

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Welp, grats Giants or Eagles on the division

Don't sleep on Washington. Everything but Philly's pass rush looked bad yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Shinjobi posted:

6 games looks to be the minimum for domestic violence related issues.

I'm glad of it

it's the league's prerogative to increase or decrease it; it's a baseline and not a minimum.

I'm not glad of it because I think that abdicating legal responsibility for domestic abuse cases involving athletes and handing it to the NFL is a really stupid idea

• Locked thread