Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

bunnyofdoom posted:

How many F4 villains are rulers of sovereign nations? Moley Doom Namor etc....

Annihilus tends to be the ruler of an entire zone.

"Hey Lobok, can you tell us which one?"

Negative.

"Oh come on. Can you tell us, please?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

PoptartsNinja posted:

To be fair, Namor was a ruler before he ever met the Fantastic Four. He just fit perfectly into their narrative.

Turning Namor into a villain was a genius move by Lee and Kirby.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I don't know if you can really call him a bad guy, all he wanted to do was to go to war with the surface world, be best friends with Doctor Doom, and bang Susan Storm.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

He sounds like the douche captain of the varsity swim team when you put it like that.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Jerusalem posted:

I don't know if you can really call him a bad guy, all he wanted to do was to go to war with the surface world, be best friends with Doctor Doom, and bang Susan Storm.

He tried to pursue legal action first but the surface world's primitive lethal system just didn't cooperate.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Begemot posted:

lethal system

Good typo.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Jerusalem posted:

They have the best team ups

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Over/Under we see the same minister?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

We won't, until he steps out from behind a conveniently-placed obstruction.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Synthbuttrange posted:

*stock laugh track*

this is some very Dr. Girlfriend poo poo, I love it

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

mind the walrus posted:

Over/Under we see the same minister?

It will be Lenny wearing nose glasses, and the flower girl will be a drone wearing a fake mustache. Naturally Peter will be completely fooled.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Peter-Man with some action fist going on in there

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Tyrannus will divert the minister somehow, then shows up disguised as the minister. Then just as he's about to reveal himself and spoil the wedding, Kala shows up and says 'I thought you'd try something like this' and she shames him into actually marrying the couple by threatening to take away his fountain of youth.

After the happy ceremony, Molesy and May head off into the sunset while Kala batters Tyrannus three stooges style with a rolling pin.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

All I know is I'm going to be real sad in 5 months when this arc ends and Kala, Moleman, etc. all leave.

Until we meet the special co-star of the next arc, *rolls dice* aw dangit, it's Cyclops.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

My money is on black panther. Outside chance.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
So is Newspaper Spider-Man allowed to use The Fantastic Four?
If Stan Lee said he wanted to use the FF, would someone have to tell him no?

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Since rocket cameod before gotg 2 came out, i hope jeff goldblum makes a cameo to promote thor 3. He also eats out of the trash naked.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

KaosMachina posted:

So is Newspaper Spider-Man allowed to use The Fantastic Four?
If Stan Lee said he wanted to use the FF, would someone have to tell him no?

It would be covered under an entirely different licensing contracts to the film stuff, so it would never come up. They basically have access to the comics catalogue.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

rare Magic card l00k posted:

All I know is I'm going to be real sad in 5 months when this arc ends and Kala, Moleman, etc. all leave.

Until we meet the special co-star of the next arc, *rolls dice* aw dangit, it's Cyclops.

Newspaper Cyclops would be awesome! Just imagine, Spider-Man would be the competent one!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I get that there are licensing agreements and all that but man would it be messed up to have to tell Stan Lee that he couldn't use the Fantastic Four.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
.....you guys remember the first mole man arc? Where the everloving blue eyed thing showed up and got taken out by a stick to the rocky knee?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Push El Burrito posted:

Newspaper Cyclops would be awesome! Just imagine, Spider-Man would be the competent one!

Cyclops has been cool for a while now:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Alhazred posted:

Cyclops has been cool for a while now:

Cyclops rules! *posts panel that ruined cyclops as a character for a decade*

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Last I heard he went all Magneto and then died.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Whedon didn't ruin cyclops, the phoenix 5 and that dumb loving X face outfit ruined cyclops. Then he died so now there's only time displacement cyclops which I do not have strong feelings about.

If writers had actually followed through on the "solving his dumb psychological power block" plotline going forward, he might have had some interesting character development. But, nope!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Ignite Memories posted:

Whedon didn't ruin cyclops, the phoenix 5 and that dumb loving X face outfit ruined cyclops. Then he died so now there's only time displacement cyclops which I do not have strong feelings about.

Cyclops the X-terrorist was a natural progression of trying to change the character from Leonardo to Raphael. You can't have the leader be the one who doesn't care about the rules and is a gritty badass.

quote:

If writers had actually followed through on the "solving his dumb psychological power block" plotline going forward, he might have had some interesting character development. But, nope!

Whedon undid that in the storyline he introduced it in.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

Cyclops the X-terrorist was a natural progression of trying to change the character from Leonardo to Raphael. You can't have the leader be the one who doesn't care about the rules and is a gritty badass.

That did not happen until after this storyline. He's very much a Leonardo during the breakworld arc.

Lurdiak posted:

Whedon undid that in the storyline he introduced it in.

Debateable - he's seen putting the visor back on because it's "difficult to hold it in", but then the fact that he is able to stop optic blasting at all was ignored and forgotten.

That's some primo chekhov's gun material, but instead he gets possessed by 1/5 of a cosmic bird and loses his bladder control completely

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Aug 12, 2017

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Lotta people itt are in denial of the fact that Cyclops Was Right

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Alt right?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

goatface posted:

Alt right?

Mutant Right

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Just let Michaelangelo/Nightcrawler lead the team.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Just let Michaelangelo/Nightcrawler lead the team.

Rockslide is Michelangelo.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Push El Burrito posted:

Rockslide is Michelangelo.

EVEN BETTER

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
You can be right without being an rear end in a top hat, and until he masters that second part we're going to continue to hate Cyclops :v:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I don't know. After the past 20 years or so of his publication life I get why he is the way he is. I don't fully approve but I don't hate him for it either.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

emma frost was right; cyclops was dead

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I remember when Cyclops and White Queen were first made a couple it felt so weird, but it's been at least a decade they've been together now, right? Well, apart from the whole Scott being dead now thing. A lot of people probably grew up never knowing anything BUT that relationship between them.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Closer to 15 years really. I grew up with Jean/Scott and I'm still a diehard fan of Emma/Scott. It's such a good dynamic, and Emma Frost is top 5 X-men GOAT and I will fight you on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

• Locked thread