Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

ajkalan posted:

Adept's Hat is bad, just like most mage headgear, because it hides your character's hair and looks dumb. Circlets are good. Also helmets when they're character appropriate.

(The Adept's Hat has good stats for an early BBI hat and is arguably better than the mage headgear you can get from Lv. 2 Bitterblack armor. It also looks slightly less silly than the unicorn circlet you may have seen some pawns wearing. If you're playing for stats it's an excellent choice until the Lv. 3 armor starts dropping.)

I like playing dress-up more than I expected, but I just can't help but min-max. Too bad the best gear usually doesn't look the best. I'd love to find a really good tiara or something that would allow my pawn to show off her beautiful golden locks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
if you are not showing off your badass chest scar i just have no idea what you are doing with your life

Oo Koo
Nov 19, 2012

Phlegmish posted:

I like playing dress-up more than I expected, but I just can't help but min-max. Too bad the best gear usually doesn't look the best. I'd love to find a really good tiara or something that would allow my pawn to show off her beautiful golden locks.

The best tiara in the game is probably the FreeLC ancient circlet you can buy from black cat, it has something like +10-20% to pretty much every status effect resistance in the game, since status resist is the particular gimmick of that armor set.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Phlegmish posted:

e: yeah what ^ said

Ancient Circlet is awesome. At silver rareified it has no elemental penalty either.

im cute fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Aug 3, 2017

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe
It's painful just how wrong you people are. Who gives a poo poo about the stats? It's a witch hat! If the game blesses you with a witch hat you shouldn't waste time dithering over its stats. Put that happy headgear on your pawn and remind yourself what a great game you are playing!

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I wish the BBI lv.3 sets were less edgy poo poo. Like, at least give me some options. There's a ton of lvl.2 of all sorts of kinds and than along comes level three and its one set for each class and they all suck.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I ran into some of the other gorecyclopes and they were actually not that hard at all. It's just that chained one that's really hard to beat.

So I'm trying to get Sanguine Stalk for my pawn, if I'm reading the wiki correctly I should just switch my main character's vocation to Sorcerer and I will automatically get it when purifying a Lvl 3 Bitterblack Isle weapon?

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

I ran into some of the other gorecyclopes and they were actually not that hard at all. It's just that chained one that's really hard to beat.

So I'm trying to get Sanguine Stalk for my pawn, if I'm reading the wiki correctly I should just switch my main character's vocation to Sorcerer and I will automatically get it when purifying a Lvl 3 Bitterblack Isle weapon?

It's a bit more complicated than that, but if you switch both you and your pawn to a pure blue class when purifying those you will only get staves. You could still get the other staff though.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Thanks for the confirmation. First thing I'm doing once I find a Lvl 3 weapon is switch to Sorcerer and hope I get Sanguine Stalk. I won't be too disappointed if I get the mage staff, though. I'm playing as a magick archer using spells and bows, so it will be useful.

I also got lucky and found Hallowed Dragon (second-best archistaff in the game) for my pawn already, so it's not too urgent.

I can't seem to find a good magick bow for myself though, I'm still using that piece of poo poo Herald's Helix I bought from Caxton (my lover).

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

People are usually referring to chained gorecyclopses when they mention them, they are far larger and five times as difficult as non-chained ones (I think of them as a different enemy entirely)

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Digirat posted:

People are usually referring to chained gorecyclopses when they mention them, they are far larger and five times as difficult as non-chained ones (I think of them as a different enemy entirely)

Somewhere the official name is "condemned goreclops" so it's definitely a different enemy than the smaller cyclops 2.0

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The good news is the big ones are usually easy to safespot, and with my gold dragonforged Herald's Helix (seriously when am I going to find a better bow) I can take them out within an acceptable period of time.

Quick question if anyone knows, I'm trying to get Delta Guard (BBI Level 2) for my pawn as it's the best leg clothing in the game. It's a female-only item, is my main character being male going to have any effect on the purifying?

I'm also trying to get the Sovereign's Mantle for her, but it seems I can get that one through a quest.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Pretty sure the delta guard isn't the best leg clothing, its just revealing so it makes good fashions dogma. I lucked out and got a bunch of them godsbaning for armor. I'm /fairly/ certain gender has no effect on purification but than again my pawn was a dude and I was a girl. But if you're concerned scoot down and get the art of transformation and 'trans'form yourselves into ladies on the temporary.

Also its pain in a gently caress to high end bows in bbi.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

It's a metal thong, it'll probably look stupid with the Halloween witch outfit. I'm doing it for the stats, which piece of leg clothing is better still?

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

im cute posted:

Somewhere the official name is "condemned goreclops" so it's definitely a different enemy than the smaller cyclops 2.0

FYI according to a Reddit modder, the condemned gorecyclops is key tagged as a RAID boss. He's releasing a mod that rebalances the entire game and cranks monster encounters to 11.

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity
When's the release date for this on PS4?
One of my retailers (EU-NL) says mid-Sept, the other says mid-Oct? Can't find it anywhere else.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I finally found the Delta Guard. Immediately Dragonforged then gold rarefied that thing. I also got the Sovereign's Mantle from that one quest. Pawn looks like this now:

That is, like a 1970's pimp that forgot to put on their pants in the morning. I'm okay with this outcome.

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

I can't get over how much this game clicks with me.

I found out about it last fall after seeing the Monster Factory video, and thought "that game doesn't look half bad". I've since put in about 150 hours which is a huge number for me. I played through once until the dragon, then restarted because I felt I was underpowered. That playthrough I got to around level 80 or so and started dabbling in BBI. I reached the door to Daimon but never went in and set the game aside for a few months.

I recently started again and am almost at the dragon but planning on staying in the post-game for a much longer time. In that second playthrough I went straight through the Everfall and missed a lot of the exploration and treasure-gathering that I could have done in post-game. But I'm amazed at how much I'm enjoying this game, even a third time through. I'm still discovering items and nooks and crannies that I somehow missed the first two times — and I'm a very thorough player.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

dragon's dogma is extremely my loving jam. I've beaten the game like maybe 8 times between the original, Dark Arisen, Dark Arisen Again But On PC This Time, etc.

I even went through the gigantic pain in the rear end process of getting Dragons Dogma Online playable. it's dope as hell, and while filled with awful grind like any MMO, the gameplay is close enough to core Dogma that it's just fun to play so it's harder to notice. I sincerely hope if we ever get a legit sequel to DD, the Alchemist gets ported over:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4nOoADmf8k

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Yeah, I'm liking it much more than I was expecting, though I got a bit burned out by now. If you guys could use a lvl 103 Sorcerer or have a useful pawn for me, feel free to add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/656549

Unrelated, it's weird, walking around the game keeps spawning pawns that are way higher level than my main pawn. I've even been seeing level 200 pawns. I don't know why that is, surely there are enough pawns available around my own level.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
The Alchemist is extremely fun to play.

Honestly all the DDO unique classes are, except maybe shield sage which just didn't click with me. I'm sure its better at higher levels and with a proper party of humans.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Quick question, does anyone have a Bright Virid Scale lying around? I cannot get a Thunderwyvern to drop it. Obviously willing to trade if there's an item you need (and I have it).

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Phlegmish posted:

Quick question, does anyone have a Bright Virid Scale lying around? I cannot get a Thunderwyvern to drop it. Obviously willing to trade if there's an item you need (and I have it).

I just sent you one plus a friend request. No need to reciprocate, already have a bunch of stuff.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Thanks a bunch! I think I have to add you anyway before we can send each other items, right? Added.

e: I got two of them at once from the alst Thunderwyvern I killed, so it's no longer necessary. Now, if you happen to have a Greatwyrm Stone lying around...:D

e2: also found the Greatwyrm Stone so I'm good

Phlegmish fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Aug 10, 2017

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
PS4/XB1 release date is Oct 3rd for $29.99, should I prep a console thread or do you guys think the PC thread will be fine?

Phlegmish posted:

Yeah, I'm liking it much more than I was expecting, though I got a bit burned out by now. If you guys could use a lvl 103 Sorcerer or have a useful pawn for me, feel free to add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/656549

Unrelated, it's weird, walking around the game keeps spawning pawns that are way higher level than my main pawn. I've even been seeing level 200 pawns. I don't know why that is, surely there are enough pawns available around my own level.

One of the things I wish Dragon's Dogma did was have different "taverns" where you have to complete game feats to gain access to them. You could hide high level pawns inside them, instead of just having them walking down the side of a street.

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Aug 10, 2017

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Keep the console chat in here too. It's the same version and will keep the thread on top more often. I own it on Xbox360 and PC. As soon as it gets a decent discount on PS4 I'll end getting it for the third time.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Well will the list of pawns carry over in any way? I figure ps3 and ps4 might have the same pawns over Playstation network.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I got my rear end kicked by Daimon's vortex move when I first tried to fight him as a staff/bow magick archer. After that I changed into daggers, goldforged my Sapfire Daggers, and got Adhesion and Gloves of Might. Went back and killed him in about a minute by climbing on his back and slashing at his head over and over. That felt good. I'm a dagger man from now on.

BattleTech posted:

PS4/XB1 release date is Oct 3rd for $29.99, should I prep a console thread or do you guys think the PC thread will be fine?

We should ask a mod to change this thread's name, maybe remove the PC part or add the various other platforms it's available for. Better to keep it all in one thread.

Phlegmish fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Aug 11, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I will be purchasing Dragons Dogma the remaster for my PlayStation Four

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity

Norns posted:

I will be purchasing Dragons Dogma the remaster for my PlayStation Four

So will I. Add me on PSN: grizzlywilde.
So I can abuse your pawn.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
I'll be buying this game for the fourth time, please send help.

Alternativly, start working on goddamn sequel Capcom..

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
i have literally no reason to buy this game again because i have done almost everything possible on both ps3 and pc. I'm still gonna do it.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
The real question is why they're releasing the same goddamn game again. Give us a real sequel already :argh:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Zore posted:

The real question is why they're releasing the same goddamn game again. Give us a real sequel already :argh:

one of these things is cheaper than the other

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Zore posted:

Capcom enjoys easy money? It's a good game a lot of people of ignored? They are gauging interest in a sequel?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I think they're still trying to make back the money they spent on the first

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Is there a mod that let's you use the assassin's dodge roll move without having daggers equipped? It's a move that honestly should be available to every class/weapon.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Zore posted:

Yeah but that would be a good idea so they're never going to do it.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I finally found the Sanguine Stalk and got it gold rarefied.

2826 Magick :getin:

The downside is, I'm all out of RC now so I hope some people hire my pawn over the weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Phlegmish posted:

I finally found the Sanguine Stalk and got it gold rarefied.

2826 Magick :getin:

The downside is, I'm all out of RC now so I hope some people hire my pawn over the weekend.

Matzel tov, I ended up with like 5 of these things, but it was in the halcyon Xbox 360 days when they lvl3's flowed like wine.

Hit me up with a steam buddy: pacouranga
If I end up playing this weekend I'll definitely take her on some adventures