Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
and now i've posted in the transfer thread great job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
Liverpool's best player having his head turned the day before the start of the new season :discourse:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Manc Hill posted:

Liverpool's best player having his head turned the day before the start of the new season :discourse:
Mané though. :smugdog:

But really this is poo poo.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Manc Hill posted:

mane is actually very happy haha

it's bad timing which is the only annoying thing really, if he'd done it a month ago who knows (although probably he couldn't then because Barca weren't making noises about spending that kind of money)

He's "injured"/injured so wasn't playing tomorrow anyway so it's not like it affects match preparation at least

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Barcelona wanted to sign Coutinho before Neymar left anyway and they bid like 80m or something then so we should demand 280m really

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

CyberPingu posted:

Which he said before hes not going to try force a move, so :shrug:

Lol :cawg:

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
I hear a lot of "who would we get as a replacement" but really if your scouts can't find someone as good as Coutinho for £100m they need firing

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Liverpool fandom: middling highs, terrible lows, and having authoritative statements blow up in your face.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Hind sight is a fantastic thing :shrug:

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Blue Star Error posted:

I hear a lot of "who would we get as a replacement" but really if your scouts can't find someone as good as Coutinho for £100m they need firing

i started to write a proper response to this but then i remember what forum i'm on lol

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

chuggo is BACK posted:

i started to write a proper response to this but then i remember what forum i'm on lol

I would read it chuggo

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Good.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Blue Star Error posted:

I would read it chuggo

it was about how it's a question of style rather than quality but it would have been followed by 20 arsenal and united fans replying hes poo poo haha for 10 pages

the forums dyin cloud

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
What is Pissflaps doing in this pro thread anyway? :argh:

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

Blue Star Error posted:

It's not just finding someone 'as good as Coutinho' though. Even ignoring the fact that we'd get gouged on the transfer fee because everyone knows we just got paid £100m, you're getting someone in on minimal scouting, with no prior knowledge of how Klopp wants him to play the role, and no developed chemistry with our other forwards, on the eve of the season. Keeping Coutinho (even if just for another year like Suarez) and not having to deal with these issues less than 24 hours before our opening game of the season is worth more than £100m.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Blue Star Error posted:

One name that keeps being mentioned is Lanzini but that's probably just because he's another small, fast South American

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I hope Liverpool were scouting replacements as soon as Barcelona made their bid, but knowing them they probably just said "we won't sell him lol" in internal meetings and left it at that

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

chuggo is BACK posted:

it was about how it's a question of style rather than quality but it would have been followed by 20 arsenal and united fans replying hes poo poo haha for 10 pages

the forums dyin cloud

Type it up. This forum barely has any serious posting and it sucks.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Because serious posts get trolled/mocked into irrelevance within a page or two.

btw Chuggo he's poo poo haha

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

glasnost toyboy posted:

It's not just finding someone 'as good as Coutinho' though. Even ignoring the fact that we'd get gouged on the transfer fee because everyone knows we just got paid £100m, you're getting someone in on minimal scouting, with no prior knowledge of how Klopp wants him to play the role, and no developed chemistry with our other forwards, on the eve of the season. Keeping Coutinho (even if just for another year like Suarez) and not having to deal with these issues less than 24 hours before our opening game of the season is worth more than £100m.

they could buy gylfi sigurdson

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Liverpool should buy a clue then pop down to Southampton they're bound to have someone

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

we've got this Mahrez available for a very reasonable 560m

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
why aren't barca interested in Alexis Sanchez?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Liverpool can have Henri Saivet for 40m he was a former FM star after all

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Blasmeister posted:

we've got this Mahrez available for a very reasonable 560m

Wengy will be there for him in deadline day.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

glasnost toyboy posted:

not having to deal with these issues less than 24 hours before our opening game of the season is worth more than £100m.

lol get a grip

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Did Sunderland get a restraining order and now Brap is stalking the other team in red and white stripes oop noof.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

JFairfax posted:

why aren't barca interested in Alexis Sanchez?

is this a serious post

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
oh yeah I forgot lol haha

/e still Luiz went back to chelsea for big money, not unheard of and he would surely fit the bill nicely now Neymar's gone

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

kcer posted:

lol get a grip

soz forgot which subforum I was in mate

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

Had a bid of £8m for Raphael Dwamena from FC Zurich turned down, looks pony even in his highlights real so I hope that's it.

This was funny because we run on a 20ish mil euro budget. Getting 8mil for some ok player you can replace in a week would have been great.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Luiz going back to Chelsea earned one hundred million and people in trp are the dumbest.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Says the poster happy to sell Willian despite Chelsea not exactly having loads of players and champions league football this season

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

JFairfax posted:

they could buy gylfi sigurdson

He'd be better at Liverpool than Everton. Make Brenda's dream come true.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Jose posted:

Says the poster happy to sell Willian despite Chelsea not exactly having loads of players and champions league football this season

can your jack rear end source this?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

EvilHawk posted:

Coutinho's not going anywhere. The only people reporting it are firmly Catalan or Brazil-biased. All of the Liverpool journalists are reiterating that the club aren't going to sell and haven't even been contacted by Barcelona since the first bid over a month ago.

If you listen to these "journalists" they've said:

-He's signing Saturday (false)
-He's signing Sunday (false)
-He's signing before the Chapocanese game (false)
-Barcelona are in London to discuss a deal Monday (false)
-Barcelona are in London to discuss a deal today (false)
-He's signing in a few hours (false)
-He's not training (false, he's injured, and the players only returned today)

It's all utter nonsense.

We all love to lol.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

All transfer rumors are false until they're true.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Let him rot in the reserves (unless we sign Keita and VVD).

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
We've got a Nasri going spare, anyone want him? Please? Anyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Xabi posted:

Let him rot in the reserves (unless we sign Keita and VVD).

We should turn around and ask Barca for Rakitic and whatever ridiculous sum/tapping up is takes to sign Keita. Get the master unsettlers working for us for a change.

• Locked thread