Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Lastgirl posted:

have you maybe considered that words and labels are arbitrary and the more brain power you assign to labeling people, the less time you have to solve things (hint, thats what donutgate is)

i take the perceived power and association out of the word if i mock it, its just that simple bing fucken bong

well, that's why i didn't label you a centrist. and why i asked what the non-centrist meaning of "but her emails" was

but nevermind, i don't care anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Condiv posted:

well, that's why i didn't label you a centrist. and why i asked what the non-centrist meaning of "but her emails" was

and with that, condiv was enlightened

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

logikv9 posted:

do you even read the trump thread??

nobody does

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

logikv9 posted:

do you even read the trump thread??

god knows i dont :smugdog:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

zegermans posted:

he was providing moral support in spirit, I don't think they ever established that he physically helped him.

goku wouldn't physically help his son. he only does that for bad guys

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Condiv posted:

goku wouldn't physically help his son. he only does that for bad guys

SENZU BEAN!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

mormonpartyboat posted:

*puts a corncob through a donut*

:bernpop:

well finally there's a stance on sex education

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Condiv posted:

i don't have the free time to devote to reading the trump thread :(. i dunno how you guys keep up with it either. it moves so fast you'd have to be reading p much non-stop to keep up

i step away from the trump thread for 30 minutes and there's 300 new posts. i read those and there's another 300 :psyduck:

you read the last page. then, you shitpost.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

unless there's some unsung hero whose duty is to read every single post in the Trump thread for sedition

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

loquacius posted:

The 2016-era Hilltwitter take on how HRC would overcome a GOP-run Congress is that she would yell at them and hit them and make them like it (obvious projection of personal sexual issues, anyone???) and if she started by telling everyone straight-up to shut up about the email poo poo because it was inconsequential bullshit, that would have done a lot to actually advance that narrative

but that would require taking even the slightest modicum of personal responsibility for something so nope dodge dodge dodge

as it is all I can tell about how she'd handle Congress from her campaign is that she'd get a bill pitched, say it's gonna pass, then disappear into a Suburban for a week when it doesn't

To be fair, people thought the one term, junior Senator from Illinois was going to have oodles of political capital to spend to get a Democrat held Congress to do his bidding.

People have really poor concepts of how people and those institutions actually work.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Young Orc

why are the dems so obsessed with beating owned

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
My hot take is that "butter emails" is stupid because it implies that Hillary was failed, rather than failing herself. And the Trump thread is cool because the race war posters stay in there so this thread can properly focus on class war.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
trump thread good and its lightning fast pace makes it better

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

mormonpartyboat posted:

and with that, condiv was enlightened

the buddha, holding up a fat bud

mahaksyapa, smiling

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Condiv posted:

have you considered that Centrist Condiv has a nice alliteration to it~ very nice~

thats the trick yes, but you extrapolated "information" from it so busted~ :razz:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Young Orc

Thoguh posted:

the Trump thread is cool.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

unless there's some unsung hero whose duty is to read every single post in the Trump thread for sedition

obv thats what god made the suck zone for

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
there isn't a centrist or non-centrist meaning to "butter email" :wtc:

please help me deconstruct butter

my family is dying

and it needs to go on the corn cob

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
the thread is practice for the post-apocalyptic wastelands when you have to get as much information out of the remaining scraps of written material buried deep in the radioactive ash before the Proud Boy gangs show up to turn you into an eunuch

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
in the future, the Incels will inherit the earth

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Lastgirl posted:

thats the trick yes, but you extrapolated "information" from it so busted~ :razz:

night crew posters acting like there's no day crew in the daytime is a bit much for me

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

i like corn
i love corncobs n i want them inside me

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I physically cannot believe these takes are coming from full-grown adult humans who think they are correct

"these twitter users are claiming that this twitter meme came from a tweet, what a fail explanation, obviously it's a reference to this obscure Faulkner passage" :psyduck:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

logikv9 posted:

only for one generation

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

shove that corn in me
i can take it

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
corncobs will mutate into huge corncob monsters, roaming the wastelands in the search for human flesh

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

night crew posters acting like there's no day crew in the daytime is a bit much for me

i forgot they did that :cripes:

don't really blame them though, who would want to acknowledge trump thread day crew? :whitewater:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The problem with something like the Trump thread is that it encourages people to constantly reflexively react to every outrageous and iditiotic event that spews forth from the Trump admin every morning, noon, and night. One falls into a recursive reactionary loop where the Trump administration becomes a point of obsessive hatred, until you start to believe that the Trump admin must be deposed by any means available - even if it means electing bad centrist Democrats who laid the groundwork for the Trump administration in the first place. Their locus of thought is placed squarely on the oval office, until all notions of ideology and progress are completely subsumed by a narrow minded opposition defined solely by a context established by Trump.

:milk:

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

:milk: why do you think day crew matters :thunk:

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Condiv posted:

i forgot they did that :cripes:

don't really blame them though, who would want to acknowledge trump thread day crew? :whitewater:

lol yall need to learn how to nc

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

i thought we were supposed to be ignorant manchildren. how are we incorporating faulkner into our insults?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

:milk: why do you think day crew matters :thunk:

all that exists is material, even thought :thunk:

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Condiv posted:

i thought we were supposed to be ignorant manchildren. how are we incorporating faulkner into our insults?

A I Lay Cobbing

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

lol yall need to learn how to nc

i know how to NC. i smoke a ton of weed and watch some anime

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

all that exists is material, even thought :thunk:

form is emptiness

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Condiv posted:

the wily bro is devious and relentless in his efforts to make rape jokes

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Condiv posted:

i know how to NC. i smoke a ton of weed and watch some anime
no, youre doing it for the wrong reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

logikv9 posted:

Only for one generation though. Because they'll never be able to reproduce.

• Locked thread