Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Saint Freak posted:

Please let me know when you get to the best area in all of video games: Academia 400 AF.

You are a fuckin monster

but yes please come back and tell us what you think when you get to the hotel california of videogame levels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Vargatron posted:

I wish they would have a PC port of FFT because I don't want to have to hack my drat PSP to make the slowdown go away.

Also, that humble bundle doesn't help me much because I already drank the kool aid and paid full price for every game in the series.

I wish they would too because I don't have a PSP and playing games on a cellphone sucks rear end.

It's honestly odd that FF1, 2 and Tactics are not on Steam because all they have to do is lazily port the Android versions. I mean, they did that for FF5 and 6 after all.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Saint Freak posted:

Please let me know when you get to the best area in all of video games: Academia 400 AF.

I got through Gran Pulse after all, how much worse could it possibly get?!

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

exquisite tea posted:

:allears:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

WaltherFeng posted:

Why

This is an honest question.

Not to say I didn't play it nonstop to completiom but in hindsight the game is just filled with bland sidequests, too much driving and the battles tend to repeat themselves against same enemies

I'm finding the combat more engaging now that I'm not using magic to blow everything up. I wish it was harder because you can actually do some pretty nifty stuff I never bothered with before. I'd really like for them to implement the changes they made to combat in the comrades beta into the main game.

Sidequest don't bother bother me. My brain is broken from mmos.

The driving isn't an issue between the off-road vehicle they added and chocobos.

I'm just playing it as a dumb open world road trip game loaded with FF tunes.

Also it looks so much better on the PS4 Pro vs the Xboxone I was playing on before.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

exquisite tea posted:

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

WaltherFeng posted:

Why

This is an honest question.

Not to say I didn't play it nonstop to completiom but in hindsight the game is just filled with bland sidequests, too much driving and the battles tend to repeat themselves against same enemies

If you don't do any of the bland sidequests (As I didn't after the second or third I tried), then you're not overleveled and you don't have the money to buy an infinite amount of potions, then the battles are actually kind of fun and chaotic. Caves can be tense if you're running low on potions since you can't save and there's no quick escape.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Academia's not that bad idk why people hype it up so much

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Vargatron posted:

I wish they would have a PC port of FFT because I don't want to have to hack my drat PSP to make the slowdown go away.

Also, that humble bundle doesn't help me much because I already drank the kool aid and paid full price for every game in the series.

just emulate the psp you dummy

it wouldn't even be illegal, because you've got an actual copy of the game and can even dump it with homebrew iirc

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

However, academia in the real world, on the other hand...

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Harrow posted:

However, academia in the real world, on the other hand...
don't worry, academia won't be around 400 years from now

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

some guy on the bus posted:

If you don't do any of the bland sidequests (As I didn't after the second or third I tried), then you're not overleveled and you don't have the money to buy an infinite amount of potions, then the battles are actually kind of fun and chaotic. Caves can be tense if you're running low on potions since you can't save and there's no quick escape.

I agree with this, but I didn't mind the side quests (because brain also broken by XIV). I found the game super entertaining despite its flaws.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Help Im Alive posted:

Its pretty bad my guy. It's uninteresting to look at, cacophonic sound and music choices make listening to it terrible, the massive spawn rate and the trash mobs with literally no real rewards to them make actually playing it a nightmare, and once you get to the end the payoff doesn't even remotely make up for the chore of dealing with it.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
would you guys recommend world of final fantasy

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Kurtofan posted:

that depends on how much you dislike the Dread Anime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS11yrssBik

but it's pretty good yeah

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

As long as you have a pretty high tolerance for cuteness, yes.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knw4eVVUglE

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
I honestly can't figure out how anyone found nice things to say about FFXV. It fails catastrophically at everything it tries to do and has no charm to get by on.

Zodiac Age, on the other hand, is probably the only game I need for the rest of my life.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I feel like those two are related somehow, but it escapes me how.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Lack of charm is a new one I don't agree with at all.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

George posted:

I honestly can't figure out how anyone found nice things to say about FFXV. It fails catastrophically at everything it tries to do and has no charm to get by on.

Zodiac Age, on the other hand, is probably the only game I need for the rest of my life.

A lot of people think FFXV has a ton of charm which is what you're missing there. Even if you don't personally find it charming it shouldn't be hard to see why stuff like Prompto's photography appeals to people.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

George posted:

I can't for the life of me figure out what people see in FF12 than an idle clicker wouldn't also serve

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Is today just stupid hyperbole day

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

George posted:

This is funny since XV is mostly good and fun while FFXII may be the worst game ever made.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Sakurazuka posted:

I can't for the life of me figure out what people see in FF12 than an idle clicker wouldn't also serve

Find me an idle clicker featuring Balthier chewing the scenery and I will agree

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Everyone calm down and relax.

They're both terrible! Tied for worst game in the series along with every other game in the series.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Norns posted:

I believe in fighting fire with fire

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

12 has rough patches but it doesn't have multiple boring cutscenes that are just the characters riding in a car where nothing happens for minutes at a time. Just slooooowly driving along.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Do any idle clickers actually have a good story

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

The GIG posted:

Its pretty bad my guy. It's uninteresting to look at, cacophonic sound and music choices make listening to it terrible, the massive spawn rate and the trash mobs with literally no real rewards to them make actually playing it a nightmare, and once you get to the end the payoff doesn't even remotely make up for the chore of dealing with it.

Seriously, this. The area is an active pain in the rear end to play, on purpose. It also takes a while to get through everything, and you *have* to go back to the area.

Though I will note 2 things in that post. 1. The default area music sucks, but the music that plays when Caius starts to do poo poo is quite good. 2. The boss for that area is actually kinda neat, and it's cool that it was an unused boss from 13 (it was the 1 undying that you didn't fight because it got killed by a Tonberry moments before).

Norns posted:

That's every day on SA

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Norns posted:

Hmmmm let me check.....

some guy on the bus posted:

This is funny since XV is mostly good and fun while FFXII may be the worst game ever made.

Yes, yes it is stupid hyperbole day

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Norns posted:

Do any idle clickers actually have a good story

People seem to like 12's

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

TurnipFritter posted:

12 has rough patches but it doesn't have multiple boring cutscenes that are just the characters riding in a car where nothing happens for minutes at a time. Just slooooowly driving along.

No it has multiple boring bits where the game is

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
How can someone like a game that I don't like??? gently caress YOU FOR LIKING SOMETHING I DON'T

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

No it has multiple boring bits where the game is

It's fun and entertaining, actually. It also has nice looking and interesting environments, which was something XV failed to deliver on (except for Havana, which was delightful)

Honestly, the sequence in FFXV where you have to sneak into an imperial base and capture a general, only for him to escape, off screen, five minutes later and never be heard from again, really sort of encapsulates XV's problems. It's like they looked back at XII and thought "Hey, you know what? The Judges got too much screen time and were too well developed"

TurnipFritter fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Aug 11, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No u

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TurnipFritter posted:

It's fun and entertaining, actually. It also has nice looking and interesting environments, which was something XV failed to deliver on.

Honestly, the sequence in FFXV where you have to sneak into an imperial base and capture a general, only for him to escape, off screen, five minutes later and never be heard from again, really sort of encapsulates XV's problems. It's like they looked back at XII and thought "Hey, you know what? The Judges got too much screen time and were too well developed"

Hey now. you fight him in an optional boss fight in the post-game to get your flying car. How could you not remember that? he's such a distinctive character.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

TurnipFritter posted:

It's fun and entertaining, actually. It also has nice looking and interesting environments, which was something XV failed to deliver on (except for Havana, which was delightful)

He actually shows up in the post game fortress assault and you blow him up

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Oh really? Ok that kind of owns. Does Loqi come back too? Edit: Apparently he does in the same sequence. Nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Tae posted:

How can someone like a game that I don't like??? gently caress YOU FOR LIKING SOMETHING I DON'T

That poo poo would be a lot more tolerable if people learned to stop stating their opinions as facts.