Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sorry Steam.

I guess you're too slow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Wow... Good thing I was going to double dip anyway but this sucks. Why the PC version only?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
At least we're getting the Sonic 1, yay?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Evil Eagle posted:

Wow... Good thing I was going to double dip anyway but this sucks. Why the PC version only?

Something about optimization.

This "good news" after it also apparently... an uboxing? ???? huh??

Kikas posted:

Man at least give me Sonic 2 or 3&K. Don't give me the worst of the three

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

The good news is an unboxing? :laffo:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
gently caress THESE GOOD NEWS

THE CYCLE COMPLETES ONCE AGAIN

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Ugh, why couldn't it have been the PS4 version or some poo poo like that?

Glad I have a Switch, I guess Ill get it there but man, what a bummer, I didn't really want to buy it twice.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I guess it's a good thing I'm double dipping then because I'm just that hooked on sonics

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

What the actual making GBS threads gently caress.

Screw it, guess I'm spoiling myself on stuff. I wanted to avoid it until the game was out because a few days wasn't much to ask, but I don't care enough about spoilers to sit out on Mania once it's actually out for a solid fortnight.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I can't afford a Switch right now (or even get one probably), I don't have a PS4. Avoiding spoilers for the levels is now gonna be impossible :(

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I bought mania for my friends on the PC and now they have to wait :v:

I'm already double dipping because my CE was delayed and I didn't want to wait, so I bought it on PS4 for the theme/icons.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
That really sucks for the PC guys. Stay strong and cool, guys!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Yeah, but bye thread till the Pc release, I am so not gonna take any spoilers from here.

See you in two weeks.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
I was on the fence about Switch of PC but I guess this forces my hand.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Kikas posted:

I haven't seen this specific news, what's happening?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Twerk from Home posted:

I haven't seen this specific news, what's happening?

Mania has been cancelled as Sega fear it will take sales away from Forces. Anyone who pre-purchased is getting a copy of Sonic 1 for free as compensation.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The bad news: There's traffic so your pizza delivery is gonna be super late.
The good news: Here's a snapchat of your delivery driver opening up a pizza box!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Frankston posted:

Mania has been cancelled as Sega fear it will take sales away from Forces. Anyone who pre-purchased is getting a copy of Sonic 1 for free as compensation.

Oh come on, now is not the time for this.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
That collector's edition looks super sick, though

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Ugh, the free sonic 1 isn't even the taxman version. What's the point.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Mania's PC release is being delayed by 2 weeks due to performance issues, apparently. Anyone who's pre-ordered it before the 15th will be getting the genesis collection version of Sonic 1 (not the Taxman version).

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Well they can't really give you a version of Sonic 1 that doesn't exist, can they?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

Well they can't really give you a version of Sonic 1 that doesn't exist, can they?

uh if anyone could it would be Sega, wouldn't it?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Kikas posted:

uh if anyone could it would be Sega, wouldn't it?

If they're having issues porting Mania to Pc I doubt they could just magically throw together a port of Taxman 1 to PC in the meantime.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Now I'm hoping for a PC leak, performance issues be damned.

I trust the Sonic community will rip the soundtrack in no time flat, I shall use that to soothe my soul and avoid the temptation to look at anything else. I've checked out the list of zones, that plus soundtrack should tide me over.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

I am JUST THIS CLOSE to request a refund because of this bullshit and acquire it some other way, if you catch my drift. I'll let my head cool down for a while.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Really though, if they're doing this, they want the game to be as good as it could possibly be. Unless you believe the conspiracy theory that this is being done to favor a game that doesn't release for another three months.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Kurieg posted:

If they're having issues porting Mania to Pc I doubt they could just magically throw together a port of Taxman 1 to PC in the meantime.

The game was made for PC first, it's not a port

They should just do a PC "beta" or something. I really don't want everyone to have to wait 2 weeks

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I preordered on PS4 :smug:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Evil Eagle posted:

The game was made for PC first, it's not a port

They should just do a PC "beta" or something. I really don't want everyone to have to wait 2 weeks

The PS4 and X-Box versions were developed concurrently weren't they? I believe only the Switch version is a port.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I can't do it, I can't spoil myself on this one. It just looks so good.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Now I'm hoping for a PC leak, performance issues be damned.

Negrostrike posted:

I am JUST THIS CLOSE to request a refund because of this bullshit and acquire it some other way, if you catch my drift. I'll let my head cool down for a while.

:cmon: Don't do it, guys. Don't give into temptation.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Dang, that stinks

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Fucking blocks... I'm gonna climb the shit outta you!
Cancelled my Steam pre-order. I'll order it on PS4 the day before launch - just in case it gets delayed there too.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

DizzyBum posted:

I can't do it, I can't spoil myself on this one. It just looks so good.

:cmon: Don't do it, guys. Don't give into temptation.

Nah I won't cancel my preorder but goddamnit they could have warned like a month before about a possible delay. Oh well... :shrug:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Well I guess Ill watch someone have beaten the game enough times to finish the game on a challenge run where they arent allowed to jump by the time I get my copy.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

If they're announcing it NOW, it's probably a down to the wire thing.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

TFRazorsaw posted:

If they're announcing it NOW, it's probably a down to the wire thing.

Just sucks that the PC version was down to the wire but the Switch version was so ready people were able to download it early.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
God damnit

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

Just sucks that the PC version was down to the wire but the Switch version was so ready people were able to download it early.

Switch games usually release on Friday, so it was probably uploaded to Nintendo's servers yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Oxyclean posted:

The Switch version is being ported by an entirely different team, so its readiness and progress has no real bearing on the other versions.