Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

pubic works project posted:

Zeke got 6 games.

Suspension is under the DV policy. Wonder how the appeal will go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001

Krazee Eyez Killa posted:

There was one person in the draft that grabbed Brady, Rodgers, and Brees as 3 of their first 4 picks so that kind of screwed me on QBs.

Wow someone did the same thing in my league. AB first then Rodgers Brady Brees.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
told y'all zeke wasnt worth a first round pick :smug:

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

I could use some extra keeper opinions.

10 team league, .5 PPR. I am already keeping David Johnson and need one more.

Mike Gillislee, NE RB - 11th Round
Tevin Coleman, Atl RB - 10th Round
Tyrell Williams, SD WR - 14th Round

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm loving the Zeke suspension. But it hurts me fantasy wise. That just means someone I want could be taken earlier.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Cervixalot posted:

There was an article at Rotoviz that looked at careers of suspended players, and based on the study, if a player is suspended, they is a 50% chance they never step foot on the field again. I need to find that link.

Also, https://twitter.com/cole_kev/status/896020608869388290

That stat is such bullshit. I bet you 48% of those guys are late round/UDFA who probably were never gonna play again.

A blanket number like that lacks context, invalidating the authors credibility.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
JMatt headed to the Bills with a third round pick for Ron Darby. Should be seeing an efficiency boost for ol Tyrod this season with the addition of quality slot options.

E: whoa and they dealt Sammy Watkins to the Rams.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
oh hi

https://twitter.com/buffalobills/status/896050831824273409

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/896051387192066049

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

The Buffalo Bills have decided Jordan Matthews is a better receiving option than Sammy Watkins. Obviously, the Bills have never had JMatt on their fantasy roster. :v:

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
I hate the bills

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

How does this affect Watkins value? It's gotta lower it no? I have a dynasty start up coming up and was thinking of bidding on him if the price was right.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
what the fuuuuuuuck

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

RCarr posted:

How does this affect Watkins value? It's gotta lower it no? I have a dynasty start up coming up and was thinking of bidding on him if the price was right.

Big year for Jared Go- ahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Teeter posted:

I could use some extra keeper opinions.

10 team league, .5 PPR. I am already keeping David Johnson and need one more.

Mike Gillislee, NE RB - 11th Round
Tevin Coleman, Atl RB - 10th Round
Tyrell Williams, SD WR - 14th Round

I'd probably keep Coleman if you only get to keep one more. All of them are worth it in my opinion, but Coleman is a stud.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

corn on the cop posted:

Big year for Jared Go- ahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Be fair now. The elite Tavon Austin will draw double if not triple coverage leaving Watkins wide open.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Spermy Smurf posted:

Be fair now. The elite Tavon Austin will draw double if not triple coverage leaving Watkins wide open.

They have Robert Woods (also from Buffalo!) so Tavon might actually look passable

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Sataere posted:

The Buffalo Bills have decided Jordan Matthews is a better receiving option than Sammy Watkins. Obviously, the Bills have never had JMatt on their fantasy roster. :v:

I mean, he has less receptions, yards, and TDs than Matthews...

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I see it as:
Watkins - decent downgrade, probably move him back 5-10 WR slots to the Davante Adams/Tyreek Hill range
Every other Rams WR - lol dont bother (even Kupp)
Tyrod - probably a push. Zay Jones, Anquan Boldin and Jordan Matthews at least more reliably available than Watkins
Goff - still trash, don't bother
Zay Jones - decent upgrade, probably ~WR45 now
Jordan Matthews - probably ~WR35 now (Decker/Garcon/D-Jax territory), it'll be a coinflip which one will be WR1 at season's end (it'll be Matthews for now) and both are dart throws.
Boldin - probably around WR50ish now. He'll be more an annoyance than useful but will turn around and at the end of the year have 8 TDs and 400 yards.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
How does this effect Gurley/McCoy/Alshon?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Wasn't touching Watkins/JMatt before the trade, nothing has changed.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

lol I literally forgot about the eagles part of it

It means good things for Torrey Smith like he will still be gainfully employed, but not relevant. I guess Agholor gets a bump but Alshon is gonna get so many goddamn targets he's gonna vomit all over the fuckin field.

McCoy no real change, I would gather. They were gonna be run first anyway.

Gurley gets less men in the box because there's an actual real WR on the field on top of Woods and Tavon, and I guess I kinda like him at his ADP now with the upgraded line and a field stretcher.

But also:

Matt Zerella posted:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Matt Zerella posted:

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I'd consider Matthews, he has some decent upside for the tail end of the draft. I'm probably not drafting Watkins unless he falls a long way.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Ben Nevis posted:

I'd consider Matthews, he has some decent upside for the tail end of the draft. I'm probably not drafting Watkins unless he falls a long way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7XbukdoGmM

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Watkins was going to be a league winner playing a full season with TyGod, this news really ruined my day

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Papes posted:

Watkins was going to be a league winner playing a full season with TyGod, this news really ruined my day

Agreed. It sucks.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Papes posted:

:thunk:

Also I'm leaving my lovely website that takes all my labor and gives me nothing but drama and restarting a blog with a real domain using the scout article money as a seed. I doubt my adsense money will even cover my sports reference subscriptions but I'm very excited to seize the means of production. :3:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Should be fun to use this as an experiment to see how long it takes sites to update projections.

Also LOL everything.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

This Watkins trade makes me feel a little better about my Zay Jones dynasty pick I was having second thoughts about, so at least there's that.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Ben Nevis posted:

I mean, he has less receptions, yards, and TDs than Matthews...

What about on a per game basis?

Matt Zerella posted:

I got rid of all my JMatt shares, but I bought low on Watkins in dynasty last year in one league and this has me hesitant. It doesn't bode well.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Sataere posted:

What about on a per game basis?

Good point, he has less games too.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Spoeank posted:

:thunk:

Also I'm leaving my lovely website that takes all my labor and gives me nothing but drama and restarting a blog with a real domain using the scout article money as a seed. I doubt my adsense money will even cover my sports reference subscriptions but I'm very excited to seize the means of production. :3:

This is the first part of a three step process that ends with you wearing MAGA hats.

Ben Nevis posted:

Good point, he has less games too.

:golfclap:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

Doesn't change much. He was either getting tagged or moving next year anyway, that hasn't changed. One run heavy offense to another. Biggest issue is keeping healthy, not his supporting cast.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Sataere posted:

This is the first part of a three step process that ends with you wearing MAGA hats.

:golfclap:

MAKE
ASJ
GREAT
AGAIN

sidenote someone at the 49ers draft party was selling maga-style MAKE THE 49ERS GREAT AGAIN hats and not buying one is one of my top regrets

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

RVProfootballer posted:

Doesn't change much. He was either getting tagged or moving next year anyway, that hasn't changed. One run heavy offense to another. Biggest issue is keeping healthy, not his supporting cast.

Going from a decent-ish QB to complete loving garbage is ... probably not something you should overlook.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
I hate all of this for literally all of the players involved.

The only winners I can see here are Zay, Agholor, and the Eagles DST.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Gurley wins cause now there's a real receiving threat on the team

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Forever_Peace posted:

I hate all of this for literally all of the players involved.

The only winners I can see here are Zay, Agholor, and the Eagles DST.

Maybe Alshon if he stays healthy.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Spoeank posted:

MAKE
ASJ
GREAT
AGAIN

sidenote someone at the 49ers draft party was selling maga-style MAKE THE 49ERS GREAT AGAIN hats and not buying one is one of my top regrets

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAKE-THE-49...WEAAOSw-0xYNkg6

I got you fam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Gurley's problem is Goff and a poo poo O-Line, not the receivers. Defenses can still stack the box.

Agree that Alshon and Ertz might get a handful of extra red zone targets each.

• Locked thread