Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

el B posted:

BUT, If Eris Morn is in D2, then maybe. You never know what kind of cooky side quest she'll send you on

Ascendent Rice Cakes :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JorgeHWB
Jan 15, 2016

Aww, ugly duckling...
bawk-bawk

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lies? In my Advertising?

right in front of my salad?!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i want to play now

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
https://twitter.com/thislukesmith/status/894267168639995904

:negative:

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

some PC exclusive news!
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46118/7_This-Week-At-Bungie--08102017

quote:

Destiny 2 PC Security: Third-party App Compatibility
Last week, we published an article to prepare players for third party app features that may not be compatible with Destiny 2 on PC. While third party applications will not fully lose functionality during Destiny 2 PC gameplay, features that attempted to insert code into the game will not be compatible. The following are answers to the most frequently asked questions in the #Help forum:

Will these security measures only impact third party applications during the Destiny 2 PC Beta?
No, this will apply to both the Destiny 2 PC Beta and full Destiny 2 PC release on October 24.

How will players monitor FPS performance during gameplay?
Destiny 2 on PC will include an in-game FPS counter.

How will players be able to monitor hardware performance?
Hardware performance monitors will be able to function alongside Destiny 2 PC, but any form of overlay functionality will be restricted.

Will Destiny 2 on PC include a frame rate target option?
Yes, Destiny 2 on PC will include the ability to specify a frame rate upper-limit (via a config file).

Are third-party streaming and communications applications completely broken by this security feature?
No. Players may stream Destiny 2 PC using supported modes within the streaming software (e.g. OBS, XSplit, etc). Communication applications such as Discord and Mumble will work normally except for the overlay of their UI in the game.

Why are streaming, capture or overlay applications being impacted by these security measures?
The methods that some third-party applications use to add features (inserting code into the game client) are the same as some of the methods hackers and cheaters use to disrupt the experience of other players. As a part of our security efforts, we have designed Destiny 2 for PC to resist all attempts from external applications to insert code into the game client.

It is a high priority for us to ensure that Destiny 2 is a safe and fair experience for all players, on all platforms. We remain committed to creating a positive and fair in-game experience in all of our products, and believe that this is a necessary measure in bringing you a great gaming experience in Destiny 2 on PC.
We will continue to update this Help content with additional questions and answers through the Destiny 2 PC Beta later this month, and Destiny 2 PC launch on October 24.

Bungie.net Account Recovery
Bungie.net will soon receive an update to support a form of Account Recovery. If a player has lost access to a Bungie.net account through the account linking process, we will offer a means of recovering and re-linking the original Bungie.net profile to desired credentials. This feature will not provide a means of recovering deleted Destiny characters. Players may view our deleted character policy here.

Additional information concerning Bungie.net Account Recovery will become available in the coming weeks. Stay tuned to @BungieHelp for future announcements.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Lol that'll last long

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

ok hi everyone

i didnt realize there was already a PC thread so i blew an hour writing an op and stuff

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

ok hi everyone

i didnt realize there was already a PC thread so i blew an hour writing an op and stuff

That's a weird name for a guy

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
An Hour Writing An Op And Stuff, First of His Name, Lord of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

ok hi everyone

it was a dece op, imo. fuckin copy that poo poo over here

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

AAB posted:

it was a dece op, imo. fuckin copy that poo poo over here

:3: thanks

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Welcome to the PC thread for Destiny 2. D2 is just around the corner, and we wanted a place to talk about the PC version of the game that will totally be better than the console version and not at all filled with bugs that make it completely unplayable and bad
Console Thread Here

Release Dates
PC Beta: August 28
PC Release: October 24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn1dML6RC5w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArPP6_QXqyQ
PC will reportedly run at 60FPS on 4k so lol @ consolehavers :laugh:. Unfortunately for them, there is no cross-play with the console version so we probably won't have console aimers doing stuff like this:
http://i.imgur.com/MauScZs.gifv

Beta Classes/Subclasses
I'm just going to copy and paste some stuff, I have no idea what buttons are going to do what and everything that i can find online is for controllers soooooooo hopefully we wont get repeated stress injuries playing this dumb game

TITAN SENTINEL

The Titan Sentinel subclass replaces the Titan Defender, with the new Super, already known casually as the 'Captain America Shield' (and officilly known as the Sentinel Shield), replacing the old Ward of Dawn bubble - although the bubble is necessarily gone altogether!

• Super Ability:
    Sentinel Shield: Summons a personal shield of Void Light.
  • Class Abilities:
    Towering Barricade: A large barrier that can physically block off areas as well as acting as cover.
    Rally Barricade: A smaller barrier that you can peek over whilst using as cover, and instantly reloads your weapon when you take cover.
  • Subclass Passives: Code of the Protector
    Rallying Force: Melee kilsl restore health for you and nearby allies.
    Turn the Tide: Overshield from Defensive Strke lasts longer and increases melee damage and reload speed.
    Ward of Dawn: When Super energy is full, create a shielding dome (bubble!) to protect you and allies.
    Defensive Strike: Killing enemies with melee attacks creates an overshield around you and nearby allies.
  • Subclass Passives: Code of the Aggressor
    Shield Bash: After sprinting for a short time, melee attacks unleash a devastating Shield Bash that disorients enemies.
    Superior Arsenal:Grenade kills recharge your Grenade energy.
    In the Trenches: Kills while surrounded by enemies reduce the cooldown of your Super.
    Second Shield: Gain an additional Shield Throw charge while Sentinel Shield is active.
  • Grenades:
    Magenetic Grenade; Voidwall Grenade; Suppressor Grenade.
  • Mobility:
    Catapult Lift: gives Lift a strong initial burst of momentum.
    High Lift: Upgrades height of your Lift.
    Strafe Lift: increases mid-air control of Lift.

TITAN STRIKER

The Titan Striker, meanwhile, was one we did have access to from the start. This is a rework of the old Striker subclass, so the changes are somewhat more subtle than before.

• Super Ability:
    Fists of Havoc: Like the old ground pound, but now activating it just supercharges you, and you can then re-activate to slam the ground several times, or alternatively shoulder-charge enemies.
  • Class Abilities:
    Towering Barricade: A large barrier that can physically block off areas as well as acting as cover.
    Rally Barricade: A smaller barrier that you can peek over whilst using as cover, and instantly reloads your weapon when you take cover.
  • Subclass Passives: Code of the Earthshaker
    Seismic Strike: After sprinting for a short time, press a button shoulder-slam, releasing an Arc explosion.
    Terminal Velocity: Fist of Havoc's ground slam attack leaves a damage-dealing field in its wake and deals more damage the longer it's in the air.
    Magnitude: Gain an additional grenade charge, and increases the duration of grenade effects.
    Aftershocks: Damaging enemies with Seismic Strike recharges your grenade.
  • Subclass Passives: Code of the Juggernaut
    Frontal Assault: Melee hits reload your weapon and icnrease weapon stability.
    Reversal: Melee kills immediately trigger health regeneration.
    Knockout: Critically wounding enemies or breaking enemy shields increases your melee range and damage.
    Trample: Killing enemies with Fists of Havoc extends its duration.
  • Grenades:
    Flashbang; Pulse; Lightning.
  • Mobility:
    Catapult Lift: gives Lift a strong initial burst of momentum.
    High Lift: Upgrades height of your Lift.
    Strafe Lift: increases mid-air control of Lift.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaVjkSWDsBw

HUNTER ARCSTRIDER

The Hunter Arcstrider replaces the old Bladedancer subclass from the first Destiny, with a new super that focuses on an electrified staff and a large amount of rapid mobility.

• Super Ability:
    Arc Staff: Form a staff of pure Arc energy amd acrobatically take out your foes.
  • Class Abilities:
    Marksman's Dodge: A directional dodge, activated by double-tapping the crouch button. Automatically reloads your equipped weapon whilst dodging.
    Gambler's Dodge: Activated in the same way. Using this dodge near enemies generates melee energy.
  • Subclass Passives: Way of the Warrior
    Combat Flow: Melee kills recharge your dodge ability.
    Deadly Reach: Dodging increases your melee range, allowing you to lunge further to strike enemies.
    Lethal Current: After dodging, each Arc Staff hit creates a damaging lightnig aftershock.
    Combination Blow: Kill an enemy with melee to trigger health regeneration and temporarily increase damage.
  • Subclass Passives: Way of the Wind
    Disorienting Blow: Strike an enemy with melee to disorient the target and nearby enemies.
    Focused Breathing: Sprinting recharges your dodge ability. Increased max sprint speed.
    Combat Meditation: While critically wounded, melee and grenades recharge drastically faster.
    Lightning Reflexes:You are harder to kill while dodging.
  • Grenades:
    Skip Grenade; Flux Grenade; Arcbolt Grenade.
  • Mobility:
    High Jump: extra height to Double Jump.
    Strafe Jump: Upgrades Double Jump with better directional control while in the air.
    Triple Jump: Upgrades Double Jump with a third jump.

HUNTER GUNSLINGER

The Hunter Gunslinger, meanwhile, was one we did have access to from the off - but there have since been some changes, particularly to the subclass passives, that are worth bearing in mind.

• Super Ability:
    Golden Gun: summons a flaming pistol that disintegrates enemies with Solar Light. Think of it like Overwatch's McCree using his ability to fire six rapid shots from the revolver - only for some far heftier damage.
  • Class Abilities:
    Marksman's Dodge: A directional dodge, activated by double-tapping the crouch button. Automatically reloads your equipped weapon whilst dodging.
    Gambler's Dodge: Activated in the same way, using this dodge near enemies generates melee energy.
  • Subclass Passives: Way of the Outlaw
    Chains of Woe: Precision kills increase weapon reload speed for you and nearby allies.
    Deadshot: Significantly improves your ability to hit with Golden Gun.
    Six-Shooter: Golden Gun can be fired quickly up to 6 times but has a shorter duration.
    Explosive Knife: Throw a knife from range at enemies that explodes shortly after impact.
  • Subclass Passives: Way of the Sharpshooter
    Kife-Juggler: Throws a knife at enemies when melee energy is full. A Precision kill with this immediately recharges it.
    Practice Makes Perfect: Precision kills reduce the cooldown of Golden Gun.
    Crowd-Pleaser: Enables precision hits with Golden Gun, which generate Orbs of Light for your allies.
    Line 'em Up: Precision hits with Golden Gun increase its damage and extend its duration.
  • Grenades:
    Incendiary; Swarm; Tripmine.
  • Mobility:
    High Jump: extra height to Double Jump.
    Strafe Jump: Upgrades Double Jump with better directional control while in the air.
    Triple Jump: Upgrades Double Jump with a third jump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra1GlrLj8bM

WARLOCK VOIDWALKER

The Warlock Voidwalker returns in the open beta, but with several updates since it was first introduced in The Taken King expasion for the first Destiny.

• Super Ability:
    Nova Bomb: hurls an explosive bolt of Void Light at the enemy, disintigrating those caught within the blast.
  • Class Abilities:
    Healing Rift: Hold crouch to conjure a well of Light in a static circle around you that continually heals allies inside it.
    Empowering Rift: Hold crouch to conjure a well of Light in a static circle around you that increases the attack power of allies inside it.
  • Subclass Passives: Attunement of Chaos
    Chaos Accelerant: draw power from your Super to overcharge your grenade, making it more deadly and effective.
    Bloom: Void ability kills cause enemies to explode.
    Cataclysm: Nova Bomb travels slowly and seeks enemies. Detonations shatter into smaller seeker projectiles, and the Nova Bomb can be detonated early by firing your weapon at it.
    Entropic Pull: Strike an enemy with melee to drain your enemy's life force and use it to recharge your grenade.
  • Subclass Passives: Attunement of Hunger
    Devour: Kill an enemy with melee to fully regenerate your health. For a short time afterwards, kills restore additional health.
    Feed the Void: consume your grenade energy to regenerate your health. Grants the Devour effect.
    Insatiable: While the Devour effect is active, killing enemies extends its duration and recharges your grenade.
    Vortex: Nova Bomb creates a singularity which continually damages enemies trapped inside.
  • Grenades:
    Vortex; Axion Bolt; Scatter.
  • Mobility:
    Blink: Jump while airborne to teleport a short distance.
    Burst Glide: Glide jump ability provides an initial boost of speed.
    Strafe Glide: Jumping while airborne activates Glide and starts a drift with strong directional control.

WARLOCK DAWNBLADE

The Warlock Dawnblade replaces the old Warlock Sunsinger, and was the only Warlock subclass initially available at the preview.

• Super Ability:
    Daybreak: allows you to weave Solar Light into blades and smite your foes from the skies - think of the Titan's old Hammer of Sol super, throwing several blasts of Solar energy but from the air.
  • Class Abilities:
    Healing Rift: Hold crouch to conjure a well of Light in a static circle around you that continually heals allies inside it.
    Empowering Rift: Hold crouch to conjure a well of Light in a static circle around you that increases the attack power of allies inside it.
  • Subclass Passives: Attunement of Sky
    Heat Rises: Airborne kills recharge Grenade and Melee energy. Casting Daybreak instantly refills all ability energy.
    Winged Sun: You can fire weapons and throw grenades while gliding.
    Icarus Dash: Allows you to dodge mid-air by double-tapping the crouch button.
    Swift Strike: Strike an enemy with melee to burn them and temporarily increase your movement and reload speed.
  • Subclass Passives: Attunement of Flame
    Everlasting Fire: Killing an enemy with Daybreak extends its duration.
    Igniting Touch: Melee attacking enemies burn them and cause them to explode when killed.
    Phoenix Dive: Holding crouch while in the air causes you to quickly descend and regenerate health.
    Everlasting Fire: Killing an enemy with Daybreak extends its duration.
    Fated for the Flame: Daybreak projectiles seek targets as they travel and, on impact, launch a streak of deadly flames.
  • Grenades:
    Solar; Firebolt; Fusion.
  • Mobility:
    Balanced Glide: Gain moderate speed and directional control over your glide jump.
    Burst Glide: Glide jump ability provides an initial boost of speed.
    Strafe Glide: Jumping while airborne activates Glide and starts a drift with strong directional control.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmhr4xuVPIo

DISCLAIMER: all of this may or may not be correct due to things changing from the Beta + the PC beta working differently. If you are a Destiny person please let me know if any of the above is wrong

I've personally never played Destiny before since I dont own any modern consoles, and I have a feeling that I will not be the only PC gamer playing Destiny for the first time. I'm also sure that we will have quite a few console people joining us on PC or even playing on both, who knows!

Clans and Discords and Stuff
If you wanna play with fellow PC Destiny players, join our clan, Serious Overchill and if you wanna actually talk to us, join our discord too!

With D2 being available to download via the Blizzard App (:rip: Battle.net client), we thought it was appropriate to put this thread in The Blizzard Subforum. You will be able to use your BlizzBucks to purchase the game and ingame purchases.

Now for the hard part: shitposting while we wait for it to come out.

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Aug 11, 2017

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
P good OP, not-OP

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
moist gif in the pc OP? thread is improving.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Fat32 shamer is a good name

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm stealing some of that op K thanks

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
I'm hype. Cant wait to shoot bad dudes with chill dudes

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

moist turtleneck posted:

I'm stealing some of that op K thanks

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ben Me Lowtax posted:

I'm hype. Cant wait to shoot bad dudes with chill dudes

I sure do hope the average PC player isn't as dumb as the average console player. It is loving shocking how many people can't grasp basic concepts such as clockwise and counter-clockwise.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

the good fax machine posted:

I sure do hope the average PC player isn't as dumb as the average console player. It is loving shocking how many people can't grasp basic concepts such as clockwise and counter-clockwise.

they are usually as dumb but with a side of thinking theyre smarter than everyone else.

though tbf in overwatch i get annoyed that pubbies dont understand the concepts of "feeding", "peeling", and "pushing forward with your big shield you useless tank" so maybe i'm being too hard on them

i'm not

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I have taken off the week of Tuesday Oct. 24th-31st specifically to play the PC launch at release, because at least a few of my friends will be joining as well. It's looking like the Destiny Goons disc will be lit for both console and PC releases

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Waffle House posted:

I have taken off the week of Tuesday Oct. 24th-31st specifically to play the PC launch at release, because at least a few of my friends will be joining as well. It's looking like the Destiny Goons disc will be lit for both console and PC releases

You do realize that you took off of work to participate in the 'Server is unavailable' party, right?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

is there a link to the destiny discord somewhere?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
http://discord.gg/aUAuGmj

Be wary, it gets pretty cringey in there sometimes

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

https://discord.gg/HeAf6Vc

Perma-link if you need it.

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

You do realize that you took off of work to participate in the 'Server is unavailable' party, right?

Yes, I am unironically fine with this and accept it as a normal part of buying and playing a videogame in TYOOL 2017. I find very little use in being salty about a videogame at launch because getting that upset at a videogame is just a way to voluntarily keep your blood pressure skyhigh.

I'm even going to be picking up No Man's Sky later this month because it's finally evened out after the deluded conniption fits of the circlejerk that is Gaming Journalism™©® did their best to torpedo it. :v:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
fat shamer is a p cool dude

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

ok hi everyone

It was a good op and you have a good nickname.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

limaCAT posted:

It was a good op and you have a good nickname.

Well don't be afraid to copy paste that poo poo into your own OP, it's more informative and that's good for new players (of which I assume there will at least be a few on PC)

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I'm down with OPOP (other people's OP)

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

the good fax machine posted:

Well don't be afraid to copy paste that poo poo into your own OP, it's more informative and that's good for new players (of which I assume there will at least be a few on PC)

Will do as soon as it's possible (not on PC right now)

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

limaCAT posted:

Will do as soon as it's possible (not on PC right now)

i'll PM you the quote code so you dont have to reformat it and all that

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

eonwe posted:

fat shamer is a p cool dude

he's ok

jk jk

i haven't even preordered this - don't really care

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

he's ok

jk jk

Thank you for enlightening us.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Thank you for enlightening us.

:justpost:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Vintersorg posted:

he's ok

jk jk

are you going to

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Vintersorg posted:

🤔

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

i'll PM you the quote code so you dont have to reformat it and all that

Thanks man

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Vintersorg posted:

It's ok.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

https://twitter.com/Blizzard_Ent/status/897504428864884736

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nUwdn67Lj8

That some juicy uncapped 4k

Zedsdeadbaby fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Aug 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Destiny 2's icon is on the Battle.net launcher. They've split the game list into Blizzard titles and Activision titles (just Destiny 2).

• Locked thread