Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

shut up blegum posted:

Pretty sure that's exactly what you're doing, asking 100 million for Coutinho

i thought 100m was the last offer Barca made but i could be wrong

if we were the ones who said 100m then come on man, we can go higher than that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

i thought 100m was the last offer Barca made but i could be wrong

if we were the ones who said 100m then come on man, we can go higher than that

They offered €85m + €15m in addons.

I don't think FSG would even consider anything less than £100m up front.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
There's the whole rest of the month for Coutinho's relationship with Liverpool to deteriorate, Gorn.

What's the situation with Dembele at Dortmund? Is he agitating and turning Barca's bid for him into a soap opera too?

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Brony Car posted:

There's the whole rest of the month for Coutinho's relationship with Liverpool to deteriorate, Gorn.

What's the situation with Dembele at Dortmund? Is he agitating and turning Barca's bid for him into a soap opera too?

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/startseite/703729/artikel_keine-kompromisse-bei-dembelc3a9.html#omsmtwkicker

He's "refusing contact" with BVB which I guess means ignoring them until they go away?

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

They offered €85m + €15m in addons.

I don't think FSG would even consider anything less than £100m up front.
Its not like Barcelona are particularly well known for their ability to negotiate either. The Swiss Ramble write up of the Zlatan transfer to and from their club is just insane.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
100% chance Coutinho goes down with a devastating injury this season and we all lol at Liverpool now that its no longer bannable to do so. Plus Diego Valeri is better than Coutinho

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

African AIDS cum posted:

100% chance Coutinho goes down with a devastating injury this season and we all lol at Liverpool now that its no longer bannable to do so. Plus Diego Valeri is better than Coutinho

I'm cheering for one or (better,) more(,) cruciate ligaments in the dominant knee, Tom.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i think forum posters should have a little more imagination wondering what good attacking player is available than just who barca/real madrid/bayern don't want

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Liverpool are 100% not winning the league and would be lucky to get top 4, they should just get used to the fact that they're a mid-table club and a selling one at that. Obviously Coutinho wants to leave, boy wants trophies, nothing wrong with that. Very entitled fans, very bad. Stop living of past glories, sell Coutinho and buy a solid replacement that ensures you get 6th or 7th

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Liverpool are 100% not winning the league and would be lucky to get top 4, they should just get used to the fact that they're a mid-table club and a selling one at that. Obviously Coutinho wants to leave, boy wants trophies, nothing wrong with that. Very entitled fans, very bad. Stop living of past glories, sell Coutinho and buy a solid replacement that ensures you get 6th or 7th

Most Liverpool fans have gotten used to that tbh.

Its Utd fans that need to start getting used to that now.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
United are not a selling club tho. You don't see players wanting to leave their team, thats because they're won't find a much bigger club that United. Unlike Liverpool

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
De Gea wanted to leave :colbert:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Jose posted:

i think forum posters should have a little more imagination wondering what good attacking player is available than just who barca/real madrid/bayern don't want

I havent played FIFA Ultimate Team for a few years so I dont know who the good players are anymore but im sure there are some that cost less than 100 million british dollars

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Jose posted:

You're just asking for people to list their preferred FM/FIFA all-stars.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jose posted:

They found him in Keita. :smith:

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Liverpool are #9 on the 2015-16 Deloitte Money Rankings and this is a super stupid opinion.

Like I don't particularly like Liverpool, I like calling them a "small" club or needling them about their glory days being behind them, but they're a club on $600 million of revenue with only Barcelona, RM, PSG and Bayern ahead of them excluding their domestic rivals.

What we're encountering is a special circumstance where the 2nd biggest revenue club in the world has sold their second most expensive player to the sixth most expensive club for hundreds of millions of dollars but Liverpool has sound financials and Champions League football, gently caress all this "small club" nonsense.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Are united going to win the title this year, or are they going to scrap it out for fourth place like they have every season since ferguson left? Just wanted to check.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

^^^ were gonna win the bloody lot mate

Liverpool need to get over it imo like us cool and good-looking Manchester United fans when Ronald when to Real Madrid after winning all the things with us and wanting to destroy football somewhere else and go mano a mano with his midget autist nemesis.

Coutinho is like that except for being a third rate player who's won nothing.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

surelly 100m could get you one of insigne,carrasco or if you want something diferent, hamsik. You dont have to buy a direct replacement for Coutinho.you improve other positions and adapt to that.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

PirateBob posted:

Grasp this: He really doesn't want to play for Liverpoo anymore :laugh:

I'm an Arsenal fan, I think Coutinho leaving would be cool and good, and the fallout highly amusing.

That doesn't mean I can't see why £100m for Coutinho is actually a bad deal for Liverpool in this market.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

ChainsawCharlie posted:

surelly 100m could get you one of insigne,carrasco or if you want something diferent, hamsik. You dont have to buy a direct replacement for Coutinho.you improve other positions and adapt to that.

We don't need other positions, we need more creative midfielders.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
Giuliano from zenit to fenerbace is a done deal

too bad, he was excellent last season, not sure why mancini didn't rate him

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

vivisectvnv posted:

Giuliano from zenit to fenerbace is a done deal

too bad, he was excellent last season, not sure why mancini didn't rate him

tbf he is a garbageman clown

E: Mancini, that is

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Carvalho has been left out of Sporting Lisbon's squad tonight and it's looking likely that he's going to join West Ham.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Liverpool are #9 on the 2015-16 Deloitte Money Rankings and this is a super stupid opinion.

Like I don't particularly like Liverpool, I like calling them a "small" club or needling them about their glory days being behind them, but they're a club on $600 million of revenue with only Barcelona, RM, PSG and Bayern ahead of them excluding their domestic rivals.

What we're encountering is a special circumstance where the 2nd biggest revenue club in the world has sold their second most expensive player to the sixth most expensive club for hundreds of millions of dollars but Liverpool has sound financials and Champions League football, gently caress all this "small club" nonsense.

This guy is insanely upset about me calling Liverpool a small club which, as it happens, I never did. Strange. Also I'm warning you bro, don't you ever quote the 2015-16 Deloitte Money Rankings at me again. You think I don't know the 2015-16 Deloitte Money Rankings? Bitch, that's my bread and butter

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

2015-16 was probably the best year for the Deloitte Money Rankings I remember teams battling it out til the last day to get their revenue up and all over Europe there were public squares with giant screens put up, full of people watching the accountants do the math in excel while having beers and singing and having a good loving time

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

This guy is insanely upset about me calling Liverpool a small club which, as it happens, I never did. Strange. Also I'm warning you bro, don't you ever quote the 2015-16 Deloitte Money Rankings at me again. You think I don't know the 2015-16 Deloitte Money Rankings? Bitch, that's my bread and butter

Buddy, I called Liverpool a small club. Do you even read?

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Forcing a lad to play where he doesn't want to is a poo poo thing to do.
Benching a player for a season because they want out is even worse.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Don't sign a contract, don't collect the millions. Or leave before everyone else does so the club doesn't want to hold onto you for dear life.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Buying and selling players (sorry, their "registrations") as if they were property is immoral #freephil

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
No ethical transfers under late capitalism

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Lladre posted:

Forcing a lad to play where he doesn't want to is a poo poo thing to do.
Benching a player for a season because they want out is even worse.

You sign a contract for a reason. Uphold the terms of the contract unless they are baltebtly unfair. You grossly outperforming your contract? Holdout, ask for a raise. That's a legitimate complaint because you are performing at a higher level than you were previously.

You wanna move? Suck it up kid don't sign a 5 year contract dumbass. Absolutely make your desires known but if they don't sell, don't be a bitch about it

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

African AIDS cum posted:

2015-16 was probably the best year for the Deloitte Money Rankings I remember teams battling it out til the last day to get their revenue up and all over Europe there were public squares with giant screens put up, full of people watching the accountants do the math in excel while having beers and singing and having a good loving time

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/896123811694747648

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

I'm loving this Original Poster

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

So if Liverpool really don't sell, is that the end of it? Can players buy out their contracts? You don't see it a lot. Not ones without release clauses anyway

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Looks like Everton have dropped the asking price for Ross Barkley to £30m so it has become a lot more probable that he'll end up at Spurs on the last day of the transfer window.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

So if Liverpool really don't sell, is that the end of it? Can players buy out their contracts? You don't see it a lot. Not ones without release clauses anyway

Yeah, that's generally the end of it. Coutinho can refuse to play, but that will land him in legal trouble. That said, it's a bad idea to keep a player who desperately wants out around.

MrBling posted:

Looks like Everton have dropped the asking price for Ross Barkley to £30m so it has become a lot more probable that he'll end up at Spurs on the last day of the transfer window.

That's still too much money. He just isn't that good.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

It's a World Cup year so if we stay strong there's no way that Coutinho won't play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

blue footed boobie posted:

That's still too much money. He just isn't that good.

£30m is the new £15m and it wasn't more than two or three weeks ago that Everton demanded £50m for him.

Plus I think that Pochettino could actually make him good.

• Locked thread