Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Back when I followed Bitcoin closely (in 2013 and early 2014), there were discussions about the orgins of Bitcoin, and the NSA was frequently mentioned. Gavin Andresen (the "head" of Bitcoin after Satoshi's disappearance) attended a public CIA event where he held a talk about the potential of cryptocurrencies. This was controversial, and made many bitcoiners question his allegiances.

If you take a look at mainstream movies and tv shows now (e.g. Westworld, Mr. Robot), many of them are about the people waking up, banding together and taking down the Evil Establishment. We see this same theme reflected in the real world as well, the "anti establishment" President Trump being the most notable example. In the newest season of Silicon Valley (great show, made by Mike Judge) the main character even invents "A New Internet", which is based on the real technology Ethereum (derivative of Bitcoin), and which "can't be hacked or controlled by the evil establishment". Vitalik Buterin, the inventor of Ethereum, recently met with Vladimir Putin to discuss the technology. J.P. Morgan Chase has also shown a keen interest in this specific type of crypto currency, and it's no secret that they're involved in the development of Ethereum. Other banks and large financial institutions are also jumping aboard the crypto train.

In "Chained to the rhythm", Katy Perry sings about how fake our lives are, and that we're all like mindless drones just blindly consuming pop culture, thinking we're free, while we're really walking in chains. But then there's a guest appearance by Skip Marley, Bob Marley's son, and he's essentially singing about how the Evil Establishment has unwittingly awakened a slumbering giant (the sleeping, mindless drone masses), and that this mass of people is now about to riot.

When I look at the current Bitcoin price (and the long term logarithmic chart), I get the sense that some huge events are about to happen on this Earth. Is it a coincidence that artists like The Weeknd and Harry Styles (from One Direction) appear to be warning us, in their hit songs, about impending disaster -- while things seemingly are heating up in world politics as well? If we look at the headlines of the MSM and the controlled "alt media", a huge war might break out any minute now.

What will the "riots" look like? People scrambling to empty their bank accounts, hoping to put all their fiat into Bitcoin, but the banks shut down, thus making it impossible for the Average Joe's to empty their accounts?

The Economist magazine (partly owned by Rothschilds, supposedly) "warned" us of a global currency by 2018.

Please don't respond to jivjov, he's just tro- oh hi LoB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
impregnate me with your found content, LoB

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I got LoB'd once. Not completely sure whether I felt shame or pride.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
I got LoB'd once. Not completely sure whether I felt shame or pride.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I think it's an iosm rite of passage

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
LoB quoted me in order to cite a source once, the only time I've ever seen him not be a mouthpiece for social media idiocy in this thread

That was a proud posting day for me, right up there with the time Lowtax empty-quoted me in BYOB

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
So if I understand bitcoin at all, it's only value comes from converting it to real currency right? So if the economy goes to poo poo, bitcoin also goes to poo poo right?

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

EmmyOk posted:

Serious topics are fine in PYF but this has been going on for two pages and people aren't posting content. ABC, Always Be Content-posting

I don't get the stupid here. Is the guy a prostitute or something?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

It's really horribly photoshopped.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Voyager I posted:

Looking at it on a really small screen I'm guessing?

(That's not actually two people in one photo)

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Voyager I posted:

How bad is your eyesight.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Also, I might be wrong but I think the guy is Tom Daly, who's gay.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It's one of those things that's done so badly, it feels like it has to be a joke. But it's the internet in 2017 and who knows anymore.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Voyager I posted:

There's a spooky phantom hand on the woman's hip, it's proof of ghosts.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Voyager I posted:

I know you're getting dogpiled already but lol dude at least look at a thing before commenting on it

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
She looks like a small pastry, maybe?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
*looks at at the pic of vietnam kids screaming and running away from a napalm attack for 1/20th of a second and fractures my wrist in a race to post about it* I DONT UNDERSTAND IS IT BECAUSE THE SKY IS CLOUDY

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Yeah he's Tom Daly who became really popular in the UK after participating in the Olympics on the diving team. So it's not just badly edited photoshop of her with a handsome boy but a famous handsome boy.

Jerry Cotton posted:

That buy needs suspenders for his swimming trunks.

they're a little low I gu- good lord

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

jivjov posted:

Same. But when the White House is posting photos of prayer meetings in the Oval Office, and pastors are claiming that bombing Kim Jong Un is mandated by gods....I'm gonna have to be equally vocal in my requests that they either back up their claims or shut up about it.

Have these "requests" ever actually accomplished anything? Do you think insulting people's beliefs is likely to get them to agree with you?

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

zoux posted:

She's got a boney vagina Morty.

:eyepop:

People are being awfully ableist towards this visually impaired goon. At least they know that those are humans... I think?.

E: Wrong thread.

Sarcopenia has a new favorite as of 20:45 on Aug 11, 2017

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop
getting rid of religion would deprive this thread of 67.3% of its content

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Honestly my favorite IOSM are idiot skeptics so i think the thread would be fine.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Jurgan posted:

Have these "requests" ever actually accomplished anything? Do you think insulting people's beliefs is likely to get them to agree with you?

Is it really an insult to ask someone to back up their claims? We do it all the time for scientific discoveries, news stories, etc.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

See? This thread's cup runneth over.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Jurgan posted:

Of course not because he's never actually done it. He's sitting stroking himself off about how he'd totally stick it to the man with his reason and logic, when in reality no one gives a poo poo about his opinion because he's no one.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

Sarcopenia posted:

:eyepop:

People are being awfully ableist towards this visually impaired goon. At least they know that those are humans... I think?.

Morning show host accidentally racists.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYSKxyeNJx4

I'm paraphrasing here because I couldn't find a video with english subs.
"Is that a monkeyNO!"
"[What on earth are you saying?"
"I did not just say that, I can't see because I'm not wearing my glasses. I can't see that far"
"It's a very tanned man"
"Yes, a person, a real human being"

You've dug up a 10 years old clip of a morning show host being an idiot. If Denmark had had Facebook back then i'm sure it would've generated incredible amounts of iosm though.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

In the words of Sam Smith "post more content". Truly a songbird xx

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Frobbe posted:

You've dug up a 10 years old clip of a morning show host being an idiot. If Denmark had had Facebook back then i'm sure it would've generated incredible amounts of iosm though.

I meant to post it in the schadenfreude thread.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

ur r the ideot on social media now idiot punk ha HA

its coming from inside ther thread

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

jivjov posted:

Is it really an insult to ask someone to back up their claims? We do it all the time for scientific discoveries, news stories, etc.

I say again, what do you think you're accomplishing by doing so? Has anyone ever changed their minds about deeply held beliefs by you saying "yeah, prove it."

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Aramoro posted:

Of course not because he's never actually done it. He's sitting stroking himself off about how he'd totally stick it to the man with his reason and logic, when in reality no one gives a poo poo about his opinion because he's no one.

I regularly ask people to provide proof of their claims in the supernatural. Thus far nobody actually has.

Jurgan posted:

I say again, what do you think you're accomplishing by doing so? Has anyone ever changed their minds about deeply held beliefs by you saying "yeah, prove it."

The goal is to either get someone to reconsider silly beliefs...or at the very least stop trying to use them as justification for stuff. No success yet...but I can always hope.

For some content:

Ira Membrit is the AHA themselves...Marge Arita is an educator that basically just tells the constitution to go get hosed. I like how no matter how many times poo poo like that gets smacked down, some teacher someone thinks that their classroom is somehow exempt.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

jivjov posted:

I regularly ask people to provide proof of their claims in the supernatural. Thus far nobody actually has.

And this improves the world how?

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Connnnntent!

https://twitter.com/gabydunn/status/895192420668911618

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I don't want to be formal but please drop this now because it's just sniping at each other, most of you have PMs deal with it there if you're that eager to own the otherside or nobly defend your own or whatever the gently caress. It's not interesting to other posters or relevant to the thread and has gone on far too long.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop
Justin Theroux, NO!!!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

EmmyOk posted:

I don't want to be formal but please drop this now because it's just sniping at each other, most of you have PMs deal with it there if you're that eager to own the otherside or nobly defend your own or whatever the gently caress. It's not interesting to other posters or relevant to the thread and has gone on far too long.

Not related to the post, but I recently did a reverse image search on your avatar and the print it comes from is super good. /derail

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Fair enough. Moving on.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I laughed then saw the eating videos came after the diabetes video :smith: