Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

The main thing today is the resumption of the city hall battle over the location, with the Nazis intent on rallying near downtown and the ACLU filing a brief to support them. On the other side, business owners in downtown who don't want it. Dunno what'll happen or whether the rally is ruled "unlawful" will make any difference.

E:

Walmart parking lot Nazis moved to the larger park in the north.

https://twitter.com/Suarez_CM/status/896072220014854144

boom in frame BOOM IN FRAME goddammit Steve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

either absolutely nothing will happen or someone will fire into the crowd and it will turn into a complete bloodbath
it'd be surprising, but not shocking, if the nazis turned their guns on each other

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Darkman Fanpage posted:

i really think they're expecting a fight where there will be none. but good job on making themselves look like paranoid weirdos regardless

Yeah I haven't heard much if antifas are going to show up. Seems more like a normie counter-protest which is even better.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Montasque posted:

Yeah I haven't heard much if antifas are going to show up. Seems more like a normie counter-protest which is even better.

https://twitter.com/EmilyGorcenski/status/896002756141514752

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
McAuliffe has personnel from the National Guard on standby holy goddamn

:munch:

https://twitter.com/GovernorVA/status/896082776423673856

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Clean your room.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

They're also on Periscope, and has been livestreaming a lot of the stuff going down.

I love them. They are awesome.

https://www.periscope.tv/EmilyGorcenski/1dRKZnkwWddKB

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

spacetoaster posted:

Clean your room.

Eh you can see the floor it's fine

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

McAuliffe has personnel from the National Guard on standby holy goddamn

:munch:

https://twitter.com/GovernorVA/status/896082776423673856

that sounds like a great ide

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Remember Sam Hyde?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

not really

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

stop wearing shoes inside you barbarian

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Admiral Ray posted:

stop wearing shoes inside you barbarian

wow will the anti-white racism never stop

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

A really interesting guide to the different factions involved:

A Guide to Who's Coming to the Largest White Nationalist Rally in a Decade

I just jumped on this thread, sorry if it's been posted.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Admiral Ray posted:

stop wearing clothes inside you barbarian

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

platzapS posted:

That's a really good guide.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

platzapS posted:

This hasn't been posted yet, thanks.

Augustus Invictus is speaking - haven't seen his name since the election. He's the racist Thelemite occultist who ran against Marco Rubio as a libertarian... He's mostly known for sacrificing goats and drinking their blood.

The best people.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I knew he was a "libertarian" lawyer and saw him pop up at some Florida demo at a Confederate statue in which (my estimate) 3 people attended. Didn't know he was a goat vampire though so

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

platzapS posted:

it would only take one bunker buster to cut the head off of the american neonazi movement in one afternoon

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

b4 you so much for the tolerant left me, i've sad the same thing about burning man and neoliberal capitalism

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Al! posted:

it would only take one bunker buster to cut the head off of the american neonazi movement in one afternoon

Yeah I'm for this.

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017

Al! posted:

neoliberal capitalism

with one bomb? pls explain

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/lacymacauley/status/896086313169960961

Aaaannnd the grifting begins

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

and i must meme posted:

with one bomb? pls explain

im exaggerating obv but burning man has turned into the place where all the west coast Masters of The Universe gather to pretend to be hippies and sexually assault drugged and drunk 24 year old girls

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

look! a jew! *runs off with money*

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

eventually the whole rally will be cancelled and Richard spencer will jump on a plane to Thailand with a briefcase full of 20s

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Zikan posted:

eventually the whole rally will be cancelled and Richard spencer will jump on a plane to Thailand with a briefcase full of 20s

#defendogdenville

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

They just didn't have enough cocktail umbrellas.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Montasque posted:

This hasn't been posted yet, thanks.

Augustus Invictus is speaking - haven't seen his name since the election. He's the racist Thelemite occultist who ran against Marco Rubio as a libertarian... He's mostly known for sacrificing goats and drinking their blood.

The best people.

dang a literal chupacabra that owns

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
pretty cool the aclu collected tens of millions of dollars from folks mad about trumps racism and they turn around and use it to defend nazis

the real grift imo

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

pretty cool the aclu collected tens of millions of dollars from folks mad about trumps racism and they turn around and use it to defend nazis

the real grift imo

i mean the aclu has always done this, tho. one of the reasons they are famous is because they went to bat for that nazi rally in a jewish town.

then they also fight for the rights of immigrants (or not immigrants) illegally detained by ICE

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

the real grift imo

the aclu has a proud history of defending people that, if given the chance, would murder them withou compunction

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
not a bad thing just an lol thing

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Darkman Fanpage posted:

not a bad thing just an lol thing

free speech is the tool of the fascist and the ACLU sucks for going to bat for them.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
the aclu is true neutral

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
speaking as a civil rights attorney the aclu loving sucks actually and has since like the 60s

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

speaking as a civil rights attorney the aclu loving sucks actually and has since like the 60s

:frogon:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
you'd think that after a jewish lawyer defends the rights of nazis to march through a town with a large concentration of holocaust survivors they'd rethink their "kill all jews" policy

Darkman Fanpage has issued a correction as of 21:23 on Aug 11, 2017

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Nah because they see it as the Jews infringing on their God given privileges to say anything to anyone at any time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014