Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I love Calvin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Just how many times has Sony tried starting franchise that were stillborn? Amazing Spider-Man, After-Earth, Ghostbusters...

I am reminded of that one leaked powerpoint slide that had a bunch of stock merch and in big bold letters "The After-Earth Universe!!". That gave me a chuckle.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

FoldableHuman posted:

Vimeo and Daily Motion have actual business plans (premium service and France, respectively) where VidMe is run by two frat bros who like to throw down in the comments with people who say mean things about them. Their entire business is a hilarious trainwreck of mismanagement. I mean, to get paid you have to tell them to cash you out, and they just pay pal the money to you. "Get paid" is a cornerstone of their platform, and they don't have actual payment infrastructure in place.

How does your folding powers work?

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
Nick Robinson just posted this a while ago:

https://twitter.com/Babylonian/status/895771586996785152

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I really like Nick in things I see him in, so I really wish that read more like an apology instead of like damage control and a lot of belittling of the issue.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It feels really self-congratulatory for an apology.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It seems presumptuous to make promises of better future behavior, as if he is entitled to continue the path he has been following. There's no contrition there. He just imagines that he can keep going while losing nothing and paying no price for his actions.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

"Yeah I may have hit on people who explicitly told me not to and also apparently at least one minor but I was just too famous for my own good and need to work on how to handle my massive fame more"

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot
HE POISONED OUR WATER SUPPLY, BURNED OUR CROPS, AND DELIVERED A PLAGUE UNTO OUR HOUSES!

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

In non Nick Robinson is a fuckwit IC stuff, Brian Zane covered Nacho Libre on Wrestling with Wregret.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN0i4pKx92Q&t=629s

It's pretty disappointing that we never got a true adaption about the life of Fray Tormenta, it's honestly one of those fascinating stories that sounds fake if you have no idea it never happened. A drug addict and alcoholic goes through rehab and becomes a priest and opens up an orphanage but follows a life long dream of becoming a luchador in order to raise funds for the orphanage.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Movies with Mikey incoming.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8pIsynIqRI

Pan's Labyrinth.

Continuing on my Ghibli riff after the Doug video, I finally sat down and watched Princess Mononoke after I ran into Ghibli again watching Lindsay's old top eleven favorite films list. Goddamn that is a good film, and one hell of a good dub. Except for Billy Crudup's line delivery right near the end just before Ashitaka and San part ways. About the only bad delivery in the film, felt rather stilted.

I still like Porco best of my viewing experience of Ghibli films, but I can't deny that Princess Mononoke is the better movie and is fantastic across the board.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Aug 11, 2017

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Arcsquad12 posted:

Movies with Mikey incoming.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8pIsynIqRI

Pan's Labyrinth.

Great as always.

I like how you can draw a direct line between the parable of "don't believe in fairy tales" to the story of the smashed watch and captain dick slurpee asking the nanny to tell his son how brave he was but getting told, "He won't even know you're name."

207-563-5532
Oct 20, 2004

Junior Jr. posted:

Lol at jim for making GBS threads on hellblade because of a glitch.

and lmao at total dipshit totalbiscuit for getting triggered by permadeath in a game, that idiot showed he was a complete butthurt human being after getting pissy at a trap question. what a manchild.

Also hellblade is "interesting" to say the least, I'm not a fan of story-driven games but I guess this is kind of unique compared to other indie games.

How to post bad by Junior Jr.

207-563-5532
Oct 20, 2004

MisterBibs posted:

:confused: No, they did that with the Plinkett reviews of the prequels. The virality of those videos came from an audience in desperate need of ways to say Not My Star Wars without just being honest about it. Enter a video series where they provide a lot of wordy ways to say Not My Star Wars, because it's creators didn't want to just say Not My Star Wars.

Why do you do this dude. Look at your punishment history. It's not because you're always wrong, it's because it's so loving annoying to have someone repeat their BS malformed opinion over and over despite repeatedly being shown it isn't the case. That's not discussion and these are discussion forums. You're up to a week for this poo poo and they get longer, not shorter.

207-563-5532
Oct 20, 2004
The only exception is flat earthers who can continue to rail on it all they want because it's hilarious.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

I love how that Junior jr post was so loving bad that no-one even touched it

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
it would be nice if people stop putting skits in their reviews forever

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I like the jack and rich Sony , xecutive sketch

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
why does the chainsuit guy speak without pausing and weird fluctuation

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It's called editing

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

watho posted:

I love how that Junior jr post was so loving bad that no-one even touched it

There's still hope for this thread.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
There is still hope left in man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnkbJ-H4r5k

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Sarcopenia posted:

There's still hope for this thread.

I wouldn't go that far

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

watho posted:

I wouldn't go that far

Hey, at least they're learning. Baby steps.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Tired Moritz posted:

The Linkara storyline sketches is pure kino you plebian!

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

The Linkara storyline sketches is pure kino you plebian!

Is he still doing them? I used to watch him habitually up until his movie came out and I haven't really followed him since...

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Remember that episode of Siskel and Ebert where they were attacked by their evil alien dopplegangers from the nega-dimension under the orders of Roland Emmerich

adamcantsleep
Mar 20, 2016

Tired Moritz posted:

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Contra should keep putting in skits. Got my friend into her with the bit where she rubs a skull while glaring at Lord Foppington.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Contra is the only "reviewer" whose work would lose quite a lot without the skits.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

KayTee posted:

Is he still doing them? I used to watch him habitually up until his movie came out and I haven't really followed him since...
The last I checked he was putting them at the end of videos.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Puppy Time posted:

Contra is the only "reviewer" whose work would lose quite a lot without the skits.

She's more a filmmaker than a reviewer imo.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
She definitely looks like she could put out a psychedelic mind bender indie flick that I'd give five stars on netflix.

Maybe an anthology series where she plays a crypt keeper like character sipping wine and dressed to suit the theme of each episode. /end contrapoint fanfic

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Aug 12, 2017

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Contra's sketches work more often than not as open-ended philosophic dialogues. The one with the nazi being interviewed is particularly penetrating.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Apparently Angry Joe is not allowed to stop making videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWYDC3llgEU

He wants to take a vacation from producing videos and it seems his "fans" didn't take this well.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB4xNetR_hw

Don't mind me, just posting Poparena's new Nick Knacks before he can :v:

These videos are kind of a mindfuck, Nickelodeon is something that I've always imagined is the same age as me and I've never given any thought to its creation.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Libluini posted:

Apparently Angry Joe is not allowed to stop making videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWYDC3llgEU

He wants to take a vacation from producing videos and it seems his "fans" didn't take this well.

It's weirded me out to randomly see videos in sidebar crap like "WHO'S IN THE RIGHT?! ANGRY JOE HIATUS" like I'm pretty sure it's the dude who just wants to take a break for a while mr youtube clickbait channel #647.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Angry Joe hated alien Covenant so whatever happens to him is on him.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Alacron posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB4xNetR_hw

Don't mind me, just posting Poparena's new Nick Knacks before he can :v:

These videos are kind of a mindfuck, Nickelodeon is something that I've always imagined is the same age as me and I've never given any thought to its creation.

it's really neat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

CelticPredator posted:

Angry Joe hated alien Covenant so whatever happens to him is on him.

He's a fan of Aliens, not Alien, so I understood his feeling, even though he'S wrong.

• Locked thread