Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

What's the goon guild name?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
Dodge isn't evasion, I know. But Acrobatics has the Less penalty to armour, so US and PA means that I have penalties to all of: evasion (natch), armour, ES, and block.

So, trying to think of ways to get at least some global defence back.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Pastry Mistakes posted:

What's the goon guild name?

Pants in Exile

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

I gave up on and liquidated my frosty blades mc raider face, and am currently doing a vaal pact dark pact berserker with a planned 223% life from the tree, not even counting jewels. I really missed the combination of cloaked in savagery plus vaal pact. I just like face tanking and hoping for the best. Have to say, I am liking it a lot so far in early maps. Currently using a 5l pledge of hands and a cherrubim's maleficence, though I may try switching to double apep and a carcass jack to see how it plays.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Can you clarify if you're making fun of POEs terrible NO gently caress YOU DAD DIABLO playerbase or if you genuinely think clicking on two scrolls of wisdom is a skill lol

lol if you pick up scrolls of wisdom past the first day

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Can you clarify if you're making fun of POEs terrible NO gently caress YOU DAD DIABLO playerbase or if you genuinely think clicking on two scrolls of wisdom is a skill lol

deciding what to pick up is a skill

lower tier currencies still hold value because other players DON'T pick them up

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I don't really care just Jesus Christ why are you linking harmless QOL threads from Reddit and reposting the shittiest responses here

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Also this is a game that officially supports running scripts to tell you what to pick up lol

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
gently caress Doomfletch's Prism (and the ancient doom prophecy) are getting more and more expensive. Last time I looked they were 20c, and now I finally cobbled that together at the start of act 9 they're up to 40-50c!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I asked once before but does anyone want an xbone beta key for PoE? I have an extra.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

gonadic io posted:

gently caress Doomfletch's Prism (and the ancient doom prophecy) are getting more and more expensive. Last time I looked they were 20c, and now I finally cobbled that together at the start of act 9 they're up to 40-50c!

Just base no 5l?

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

whypick1 posted:

Pants in Exile

Oh sweet, I got a random invite yesterday and wasn't sure. I'll accept the invite tonight

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Is the main guild still full?

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

..btt posted:

Also you can just buy 20 quality gems from players if you don't want to level them twice. They're always going to be cheaper than spending 20 gcps on a quality 0 gem. Anything else doesn't make economic sense.

The main use for GCPs is for Empower/Enhance/Enlighten because they cap out at 3 so you can't get a 20q from vendors.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Holyshoot posted:

are you trying to do the challenge? just buy the prophecy and go to the zone the wiki says the bosses vaal side area spawns in that zone.

i've actually got the prophecy that gives you a vaal orb for killing a rare in a vaal zone but i haven't been able to find a loving vaal zone

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

euphronius posted:

Just base no 5l?

Yes. In the end I stopped saving and spent like 5c on a decent ele bow - my original Doomfletch (not the prism) was really dropping off in act 8.

Kakesu
Nov 4, 2005

ETHICAL.

big nipples big life posted:

I asked once before but does anyone want an xbone beta key for PoE? I have an extra.

Sure, I'd like to give it a shot and haven't gotten one myself.

Edit: never mind, I apparently got one literally a few hours ago.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

I don't really care just Jesus Christ why are you linking harmless QOL threads from Reddit and reposting the shittiest responses here

wanted to know which diablo goon it was

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

NecroMonster posted:

i've actually got the prophecy that gives you a vaal orb for killing a rare in a vaal zone but i haven't been able to find a loving vaal zone

put a vaal fragment in the map and go into that vaal zone?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Holyshoot posted:

put a vaal fragment in the map and go into that vaal zone?

oh poo poo i forgot all about that

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

found a shavs in a t2 beach last night :woop:. any fun low life builds around?

i am playing rf zerker right now and i really like the rf playstyle but im not sure i like zerker. thinking of trying ll rf but i am pretty pleb and im not sure i have it in me to farm for a presence of chayula and whatnot

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Garfu posted:

Anyone know wtf is going on here? Getting this message now when trying to trade, never had it before. I'm level 84

Was there ever an answer on this, because I'm having the same thing.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Deformed Church posted:

Was there ever an answer on this, because I'm having the same thing.

I checked the bug report forums and it's happening to several people. I sent an e-mail to support with my account info and whatnot so hopefully it gets resolved. Also apparently everyone with this bug has been banned after they've leveled up so you pretty much can't play at all.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Welp, guess I'll stop playing.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Still no map stash tab yet I see. How do you all go about organizing the drat things?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i just throw them in a quad tab and search tier:x

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Did the servers just poo poo the bed?

e:nope

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

Still no map stash tab yet I see. How do you all go about organizing the drat things?

Tier 1 on the bottem row

Tiers ascending up the rows , similar maps in adjacent columns

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
So for people who have the hunter DK hero - after opening it I felt bad, but then found this random deck online:

Custom Hunter

Class: Hunter
Format: Standard
Year of the Mammoth

2x (1) Hunter's Mark
2x (1) Play Dead
2x (2) Explosive Trap
2x (3) Acolyte of Pain
2x (3) Bearshark
2x (3) Kill Command
2x (3) Stitched Tracker
2x (3) Stonehill Defender
2x (3) Terrorscale Stalker
1x (4) Spellbreaker
1x (5) Abomination
2x (5) Explosive Shot
1x (5) Princess Huhuran
2x (6) Bone Drake
1x (6) Cairne Bloodhoof
1x (6) Deathstalker Rexxar
1x (6) Savannah Highmane
1x (7) The Curator
1x (10) N'Zoth, the Corruptor

AAECAR8IpAO4A/IF7QngrAL+rwK5sgKG0wILjQGoAooDyQT7DJvCAtjCAsfLApzNAtPNAtfNAgA=
To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Bone Drake's value can be insane, and if it works - Build a Beast is great too. Aim is to get at least two dragons per each Bone Drake.
I didn't track my status but overall managed to climb few ranks - most of the cards here are "win more" cases, but at least they are fun "win more" cards. Deck could use some refinement but I'll leave this to the pros.

I out-controlled few control warriors, one of which had like the most insane luck with like 5 - 6 solid legendaries which he got from Rotface.

kaaj fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Aug 12, 2017

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

close, both games are full of grinding

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

euphronius posted:

Tier 1 on the bottem row

Tiers ascending up the rows , similar maps in adjacent columns

I do this with columns instead of rows but I'm considering just tossing them all in a quad because :effort:.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

ok

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

lmao voltaxic rift ain't worth poo poo anymore

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Welcome to last year

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

vOv posted:

I do this with columns instead of rows but I'm considering just tossing them all in a quad because :effort:.

I'm considering buying a second quad (I already have one) just for this purpose thanks to these posts (and Awesome!'s reminder about tier: searching)

I'm gonna try using the quad I already have for loot dumping/sorting, but I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that idea--sifting through items into what's sellable and what isn't feels like such a chore, especially when half my pickups are things like 6Ses or chromatics to immediately vendor anyway

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Finally got around to starting my Flame Totem/Searing Bond marauder and while the start was pretty slow and had me worried I've started taking off by the end of act 1. It helps that I used an Orb of Binding on a staff and got +1 Socketed Fire Gems and +14% Fire Damage thrown on it. :black101:

Just need to toy around with support gem setups as I level, I'll really take off once I finally make it to Ancestral Bond.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

also I don't know if you all know this but I think Scorching Ray might actually be a good skill!!!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

vOv posted:

before quad tabs i used to do this carefully sorted tier row thing and have a low tier and high tier tab and it was the worst. highly recommend going for the quad dump strat

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
Can you map without clearing act 10?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Benson Cunningham posted:

Can you map without clearing act 10?

Hard no

I guess you could join a group