Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Right on, congrats!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Welp, got a job

Things have been working out suspiciously well for me lately.

Just in time for world war 3 to start!

:( that was a downer thing for me to say, sorry.

Congrats though!! Hope things keep working out for you.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Company called me this morning to ask me to come in next Wednesday so the customer I'll be working with (BMW R&D) could get to know me as well and throw in their 2 cents for a decision, and then they call me again an hour ago and say "Well, the BMW folks said if you're so happy with the guy, we're fine with him as well, just give him a thumbs up".

And they're giving me an apartment in Munich, available to me indefinitely until I've moved into a place myself, they want me to focus on training and workshops for the first months or two, all expenses paid. :stare:

/edit

I'm pretty convinced of my skillset and my ability to sell myself, but have any of you ever gotten that feeling where you don't quite feel you belong, or that an employer is overvalueing you?

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Aug 11, 2017

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Company called me this morning to ask me to come in next Wednesday so the customer I'll be working with (BMW R&D) could get to know me as well and throw in their 2 cents for a decision, and then they call me again an hour ago and say "Well, the BMW folks said if you're so happy with the guy, we're fine with him as well, just give him a thumbs up".

And they're giving me an apartment in Munich, available to me indefinitely until I've moved into a place myself, they want me to focus on training and workshops for the first months or two, all expenses paid. :stare:

/edit

I'm pretty convinced of my skillset and my ability to sell myself, but have any of you ever gotten that feeling where you don't quite feel you belong, or that an employer is overvalueing you?

What's the German word for that?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Sounds like impostor syndrome, which I imagine many of us are all too familiar with.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

The Rat posted:

Sounds like impostor syndrome, which I imagine many of us are all too familiar with.

Or the positive implication from the Dunning-Kruger effect, that competent people tend to underestimate their abilities.
A good place to be.

In any event, ausgezeichnet!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Well, as a 29 year old college undergrad...

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Congrats, jerry.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Pretty much felt that way while pursuing my wife.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

LingcodKilla posted:

Pretty much felt that way while pursuing my wife.

They cant run forever!

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I know you're supposed to not kick a gift horse in the dick, but I feel like I'm gonna have to complain if the place can't accomodate my smoker.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I know you're supposed to not kick a gift horse in the dick, but I feel like I'm gonna have to complain if the place can't accomodate my smoker.

Don't ask don't tell

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Bribe them with delicious smoked meats.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Oakley lenses specifically are a no-go. Work's a busy mess.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

The last time a german got promoted this quickly, there was a sudden increase in lebensraum

Congrats dude!

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
You got the gently caress out of the Trumpian Madhouse and got a good job in what may very well be record time. Kinda jealous.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Saw this dipshit's post on Linkedin. Was in the USMC for 12 years as an intel dude.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ten bucks says he's red pill or MGTOW

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The comments were all praising him for being an rear end in a top hat. Nothing about him being illiterate.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
jesus christ :cripes:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

cowboy elvis posted:

The comments were all praising him for being an rear end in a top hat. Nothing about him being illiterate.

a interview

gently caress that dude

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
How dos anyone make it intel if they can type gud. What a idiot

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm a little upset he didn't use a single semper fi anywhere in there

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
WHEN I WAS IN THE ARMY INFANTRY IT WAS LIFE AND DEATH SO AS A MALL SECURITY GUARD THIS IS THE SAME THING SO I WONT BE AFRAID TO CALL PEOPLE OUT IF THEIR BATON IS DIRTY OR THEIR SOCKS ARE THE WRONG COLOR

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'm not sorry. If my alpha male posting offends anyone.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

having to tell people you're an alpha is not very alpha

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Got my new shirt

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Aug 11, 2017

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

having to tell people you're an alpha is not very alpha

That's...the joke?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Zeris posted:

That's...the joke?

i'm gonna need you to calm down and stop being so alpha

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Too many alpha males. Who do. I hire.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

sry been up for about 30 hours straight thx to a combo of night shift and this dude.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

sry been up for about 30 hours straight thx to a combo of night shift and this dude.

The true alpha

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Hell yea cool little dude

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Yo Duzzy I am happy to take it off your hands.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Got my new shirt

Note: The guy on the right beat his ex-girlfriend and some other guy nearly to death and is spending the rest of his life in prison. Mr. Alpha Male poo poo also tried to kill himself in prison.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

i'm gonna need you to calm down and stop being so alpha

Fine just PLEASE let me have my girlfriend back. I mean, when you're done with her! Sorry!

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Casimir Radon posted:

Note: The guy on the right beat his ex-girlfriend and some other guy nearly to death and is spending the rest of his life in prison. Mr. Alpha Male poo poo also tried to kill himself in prison.

Also gave us this gem,
"The oppression of MEN is worse than oppression of Jews in Nazi germany, worse than the slavery of Blacks in early America."

It's so hard being an alpha. You can't just hang with your bros and beat the poo poo out of your ex- girlfriend without someone trying to oppress you.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

All these boobs are your except for your wife's...attempt no fondling there.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Passed my accelerated paramedic course, also haven't drank in 15 days.

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
That stuff's no joke, congrats. I was only ever lowly EMT-B and what they studied was way outta my league.

• Locked thread