Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

purple death ray posted:

Anything with Game Counselor Dracula is great. I really liked the Westerado one too. I have bought several of these games based on the overview videos actually.

Are there more Dracula overview vids besides 1001 Spikes and Titan Souls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Here's a good list of videos that've been going around for a while:

kelofthesea posted:

Justin and Griffin McElroy’s Best Polygon Game Overviews

[not “best” in terms of giving good game overviews, “best” in terms of McElroy hilarity]

Who’s Your Daddy? - it’s a game where one player is a baby trying to kill themselves by drinking bleach, drowning in bathtubs, etc. while the dad tries to baby proof the house and keep the baby alive. hilarity ensues.

I Expect You To Die - Griffin is a little tipsy and he makes Justin tell him how to play the game, while occasionally actively working against him (Justin is frustrated and charmed by turns).

Car Mechanic Simulator 2015 - Griffin tries to do some car maintenance with Justin on commentary. Griffin doesn’t know how cars work and after a while they stop caring about repairing the cars and it becomes a small mob operation? it’s very fun.

American Truck Simulator - Griffin is bad at being a truck driver. the way they play this one reminds me of monster factory. “Wow, it only costs you $250 to drive the wrong way down the highway! I think for that kind of thrill it’s a-worth it!”

Rust - Griffin and Justin wander around Rust and have some great interactions with other people in the game

Girl’s Club - Griffin is very distressed by the game’s sexism, Justin has a great time picking his dream dates, and dream boys.

Catlateral Damage - this one…is a trip. it’s 23 minutes long and over the course of the video Justin realizes that Griffin is attempting to hold him hostage by refusing to end the video and it becomes a wild battle of wills.

Spooky’s House of Jumpscares - Justin isn’t in this one, but you get to hear Griffin get a little spooked. it involves scared laughter and many distressed “alright. so- alright”s

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
The American Truck Simulator overview in particular is fantastic.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Oh the Five Nights at Freddie's videos are also great if you want to hear the boys yell cusses and scream in terror

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Justin tweeted earlier today for questions about Fortnite for a Quality Control episode.

Edit: Nope, I'm just behind on my tweets, it was an article that went up yesterday afternoon.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Empress Theonora posted:

The American Truck Simulator overview in particular is fantastic.

"C'mon in, it's me, Boss gently caress!"
"That's rude."

Staying on the automotive tip, I liked the Car Mechanic video as well.

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQyxUxI2wh8

Universe Sandbox^2, in which we learn that Justin was the real monster all along

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

These DnD alignment charts are getting way too abstract

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
They're mostly decent, to be honest. I Am Bread is another pretty great one. Some of the best are where one brother (supposedly) really doesn't want to be doing it, like Catlateral or Girl's Club. Another that hasn't come up yet is the Stardew Valley: How I Found the Fun one where Justin is just not into the concept at all.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

change my name posted:

These Loss.jpg edits are getting way too abstract

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Thirsfty is the funniest loving thing to come out of this whole mess.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Nick you swap the 'r' and 'i' and then replace 'f' with 's' and you're done. It's not hard when you don't think with your boner.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
Nick really did have a bad case of what UYD coined very early on as "boner fever".

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Not a move common to the game.

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

Griffin and Justin should keep up with the not knowing things about cars and playing video games about cars, and do a overview of My Summer Car

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Yo wait what the gently caress DID happen to Monster Factory, it's been ages. I guess they haven't found a good game to do it with.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Yo wait what the gently caress DID happen to Monster Factory, it's been ages. I guess they haven't found a good game to do it with.

I think that's it really, there just aren't that many games with funny character creators that they haven't already done.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

I'm guessing that E3 + meetings and the TAZ finale have kept Griffin too busy to stick to the regular schedule.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I've never heard spooked Griffin before. It's pretty great.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I would be stoked to just get weekly videos of Justin and Griffin playing just about anything.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I've only heard the first couple eps of TAZ but that was a few months ago, is it ending soon or just the first campaign or what?
I doubt it's worth asking here if it's worth listening to since I'm sure you'll all say yes, I just for some reason never got around to it.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

sout posted:

I've only heard the first couple eps of TAZ but that was a few months ago, is it ending soon or just the first campaign or what?
I doubt it's worth asking here if it's worth listening to since I'm sure you'll all say yes, I just for some reason never got around to it.

Just the first campaign. It's ending on episode 69, then the week after they're going to do another the the adventure zone zone (the podcast where they take questions and talk about behind the scenes stuff), then they're going to post the SDCC live show and come back with some one-shots

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

Kenny Logins posted:

Nick really did have a bad case of what UYD coined very early on as "boner fever".

full boner rage

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Trabandiumium posted:

full boner rage

Full Spectrum Boner was my favorite ps2 shooting game

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

sout posted:

There are several arcs, but yes this campaign with these characters is ending next week.

I'd say give it a shot. There's some difference of opinion of how long it takes to really get going. People generally get hooked somewhere in the first arc. If you aren't interested by the time the first interlude comes around, then it's probably not for you.

Also listen to the 1.5 episode, not the first first episode. That first episode is very long and not super interesting, but the recut version is better.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

https://justinmcelroy.wordpress.com/2013/11/08/what-it-has-taken-me-33-years-to-learn/

This was a good read. Justin has some primo life advice.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

And hot pocket advice

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Colonel Whitey posted:

And hot pocket advice

Any life advice that doesn't include hot pocket advice is skipping the college years, at the very least.

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
This is a pretty pro click of only because of that hot pocket advice.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

i was stunned the first time i made a hot pocket in the oven

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Blockhouse posted:

I've never heard spooked Griffin before. It's pretty great.

Spookin with Scoops was top 5 Giant Bomb content and I will fight anyone that says otherwise. I loved the Resident Evil intro with Simone that Polygon did a few months ago and I'm dying for more.

Please, please, please play horror games for me because I am a gigantic baby.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

Propaganda Hour posted:

Spookin with Scoops was top 5 Giant Bomb content and I will fight anyone that says otherwise. I loved the Resident Evil intro with Simone that Polygon did a few months ago and I'm dying for more.

Please, please, please play horror games for me because I am a gigantic baby.

It's not polygon but I enjoy Scary Game Squad for scary game LPs.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It's way off from McElroy content, but I'm reminded because I'm watching The International where he's hosting, but Day9 playing Amnesia and being terrified and also just...terrible at the game is probably my favourite video Let's Play of all time.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Asiina posted:

It's way off from McElroy content, but I'm reminded because I'm watching The International where he's hosting, but Day9 playing Amnesia and being terrified and also just...terrible at the game is probably my favourite video Let's Play of all time.

Oh man those videos are gold

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
The best moment (volume warning)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdWJ4fDrjLU

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Blockhouse posted:

Just the first campaign. It's ending on episode 69

Nice!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

:negative: I thought it was TAZ week :negative:

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

Inzombiac posted:

:negative: I thought it was TAZ week :negative:

It normally would be.

https://twitter.com/TheZoneCast/status/894682276373516288

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
What's everyone doing for their TAZ finale listening parties? I'm having poo poo loads of hot pockets (baked in the oven OF COURSE)