Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

i bought my car from the wife of some aclu mucketymuck and it's a good car that's my aclu story thanks for listening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
This guy is covering a city presser:
https://twitter.com/braggmichaelc/status/896109436061630465
Police are gonna turn the town into an armed camp.
https://twitter.com/braggmichaelc/status/896109937239089152
About that... http://www.newsplex.com/content/news/Questions-over-use-of-tear-gas-at-KKK-rally-433689663.html

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 21:47 on Aug 11, 2017

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

they defend nazis, sold out the labor movement that created it, embraces the shittiest neoliberal ideas, provides a convenient libertarian host body for more nazis to infect etc. im in a rush and cant cite properly etc. right now

compare and contrast with smaller but much better organizations such as the national lawyers guild

https://www.nlg.org/nlg-mobilizes-legal-support-ahead-of-unite-the-right-counter-protests/

see their statement on providing support to only counterprotesters in c-ville: "As an anti-racist, anti-oppressive organization, the NLG categorically refuses to provide legal support to white supremacists."

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

its becoming clear that the police are going to do whatever it takes to keep ppl from hurting their precious nazis

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

they defend nazis, sold out the labor movement that created it, embraces the shittiest neoliberal ideas, provides a convenient libertarian host body for more nazis to infect etc. im in a rush and cant cite properly etc. right now

compare and contrast with smaller but much better organizations such as the national lawyers guild

https://www.nlg.org/nlg-mobilizes-legal-support-ahead-of-unite-the-right-counter-protests/

see their statement on providing support to only counterprotesters in c-ville: "As an anti-racist, anti-oppressive organization, the NLG categorically refuses to provide legal support to white supremacists."

The ACLU also received money from tobacco companies in the 90s, which did end up impacting the way they conducted tobacco-related cases.
http://www.nytimes.com/1993/07/30/us/nader-assails-aclu-on-tobacco-industry-gifts.html

They take on just enough civil rights cases to give the impression of being a principled liberal organization, while maintaining a bias in favor of corporate power.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Darkman Fanpage posted:

you'd think that after a jewish lawyer defends the rights of nazis to march through a town with a large concentration of holocaust survivors they'd rethink their "kill all jews" policy

from what i've seen this only makes them angrier

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the aclu is currently representing milo who is suing dc for pulling his ads btw

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

soooo why did we donate to the ACLU after Trump won

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

zegermans posted:

i sure as poo poo didnt lol. i do feel a little bad for facilitating the gang tag tho

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Al! posted:

the aclu is currently representing milo who is suing dc for pulling his ads btw

https://www.aclu.org/blog/speak-freely/how-could-you-represent-someone-milo-yiannopoulos
How Could You Represent Someone Like Milo Yiannopoulos?

lmao

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

zegermans posted:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/BlakeDontCrack/status/895820343167729666

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Al! posted:

i sure as poo poo didnt lol. i do feel a little bad for facilitating the gang tag tho

give me back my DSA tag

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

wait a loving second

:gonk:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Al! posted:

wait a loving second

:gonk:

Its like when you look for pieces of eden in AC2

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

zegermans posted:

I gave all my money for the re-count. :colbert:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

spacetoaster posted:

I gave all my money for the re-count. :colbert:

Jill Stein thanks you

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

This must really be a dream for him. All his pretensions of being a radical freedom fighter are enabled by no less than the ACLU.

If Milo really needed legal counsel, he has all of that Mercer money behind him. There was no good reason whatsoever for the ACLU to take this on.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

This must really be a dream for him. All his pretensions of being a radical freedom fighter are enabled by no less than the ACLU.

the thing is, the aclu already had plenty of non-white supremacist test cases lined up for this particular battle, they didn't have to elevate and empower milo.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

zegermans posted:

"durr donate 2 aclu!!!" - some idiot dems

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 225 days!

Al! posted:

the thing is, the aclu already had plenty of non-white supremacist test cases lined up for this particular battle, they didn't have to elevate and empower milo.

but you see, this time they will prove to conservatives that they are cool and good for sure

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i guess the goon aclu donation drive turned into another doobie's doghouse

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Darkman Fanpage posted:

i guess the goon aclu donation drive turned into another doobie's doghouse
goon_projects.txt

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
i donated to the racism factory in new hampshire after it was burned down

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
i'm still cool with having donated to them for the cause they were supporting at the time

just because they touch the poop on other things doesn't mean they weren't simultaneously probably doing the most good in that situation afaik

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

in some ways i admire the aclus intellectual rigor in defending all kinds of scummy assholes but i very much doubt its a productive or worthwhile endeavor

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Ague Proof posted:

i donated to the racism factory in new hampshire after it was burned down

what about that black church that was burned down by white supremacists a week later

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

babypolis posted:

in some ways i admire the aclus intellectual rigor in defending all kinds of scummy assholes but i very much doubt its a productive or worthwhile endeavor

this last year has kind of killed my tolerance for liberals and their principled stances backed by sound intellectual judgement

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Al! posted:

what about that black church that was burned down by white supremacists a week later

did the ACLU defend the arsonists?

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Al! posted:

this last year has kind of killed my tolerance for liberals and their principled stances backed by sound intellectual judgement

yeah its become harder and harder to swallow the neoliberal tenet that taking principled actions is more important than getting actually positive results

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/EmilyGorcenski/status/896100708302192641

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

remember, these are designated for the counterprotesters

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Al! posted:

poo poo's actually going to go down tomorrow isn't it

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

the gently caress do u think lmao

Al! posted:

ding ding

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

no im sure they'll use all these new toys that they've been itching to use on people for ages to contain and deescalate the situation

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

the gently caress do u think lmao

ding ding

tbh i thought the first time someone from got shot by a supremacist it was going to turn into a bloodbath but it didn't then

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

tbh i thought the first time someone from got shot by a supremacist it was going to turn into a bloodbath but it didn't then

its not going to turn into a bloodbath if someone gets shot by a supremacist

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

im sure if the cops kill someone it will prompt more protest but hardly a bloodbath

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

As a person in the military let me say that is just a loud speaker.

The LRAD looks very different and is used by civilian cops.

Also, that's just the parking lot at a national guard armory. Every armory, in every town in America has that stuff parked there. :downs:

spacetoaster has issued a correction as of 23:19 on Aug 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
The way that cops have been coddling rght-wing fucks I'll be surprised if someone doesn't release a video of some cop jacking Baked Alaska off behind a TGI Fridays.