Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Rhyno posted:

Is there tutorial you followed? Last time I took a TF apart it took me a week to sort out the parts.

Once you've put together a Perfect Grade Gundam II A TF is nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Anora posted:

Once you've put together a Perfect Grade Gundam II A TF is nothing.

I ain't never done any o that nonsense.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Just put the pieces back where they came from, jeez!

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Rhyno posted:

I ain't never done any o that nonsense.

Go pick up a HG Gundam model, they sell them at Barnes and Nobel now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Just put the pieces back where they came from, jeez!

I've been trying to do that with my life for 15 years!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It seems cutting the springs is a bit overkill, Vangelus discussed the proper fix in the latest TFW podcast but I don't remember the time frame. Disassembling the legs isn't hard however.

Also they mentioned that indeed it's only a batch of them that have the spring problem, and that "you'll notice if yours needs fixing" because rotating the ratchet just feels wrong or something.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If they really have fixed Trypticon's self destructing legs then the urge to buy one is rising, gently caress.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Xenomrph posted:

I'd have bought a "Little Engine That Could" Bumblebee, though, his design in the comic was pretty neat.

Speak of the devil. Announced by Mech Planet mere hours after your post.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Ooooooh. And being Mech Planet it'll be like, £15/$20?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Keldroc posted:

Speak of the devil. Announced by Mech Planet mere hours after your post.

Shut up, are you serious?

Ummmm.... uhhh... I sure wish someone would make a dozen more Transformers based on WWII vehicles!
Hey if things I want get announced hours after I post about them, I might as well milk this newfound superpower for all it's worth.

What's that? Correlation doesn't equal causation? We'll see about that!

Secht
Oct 5, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Is there tutorial you followed? Last time I took a TF apart it took me a week to sort out the parts.

Yep, here ya go. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtf0RmBMRUc

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The_Doctor posted:

Ooooooh. And being Mech Planet it'll be like, £15/$20?

That looks very good.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

There's a KOOS MP12 someone tell me I don't need a giant Sideswipe

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Nobody needs a OSKO MP Sideswipe.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

History Comes Inside! posted:

direct me to it, I feel I'm obligated to get it what with having every version of the sideswipe mold including unofficial KO designs

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

History Comes Inside! posted:

That enormous one? It's pretty poo poo.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152258111502

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
ohhh boy, that box is a big selling point it looks like, there seems to be a whole lotta engrish on there judging by the readable parts, and boy I love me some engrish on my knockoffs.

"CAN FREE WITH ALL KINDS OF WEAPONS!"

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

:eyepop:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The big bumblebee isn't doing anything for me but my buying finger is getting itchy

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Ah that was the one they mentioned, thanks!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh, of course.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

The_Doctor posted:

Oh, of course.

Looks like they've done the Shadow Fisher modification the KOOS one.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I don't like when they make an obvious spot for the symbol because then I'm compelled to find the exact right size which I inevitably don't have in my envelope of reprolabels

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I just don't understand how they copy the whole design almost unchanged but they won't use the insignias. I mean I'm sue there's a good reason but it seems so silly.

Then there's stuff like Tarn.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

The_Doctor posted:

Oh, of course.

Man, moving the hip kibble to the chest just makes that mold 100% better. I will never understand why Takara went the way they did with it. Not sure about the face on the OSKO, though.

Blackheart posted:

I just don't understand how they copy the whole design almost unchanged but they won't use the insignias. I mean I'm sue there's a good reason but it seems so silly.

Then there's stuff like Tarn.

I'm pretty sure it's because Hasbro established the symbols as sort of the "authenticator" of the line with the rubsymbols back in G1. So slapping a symbol on a toy sort of implies it's official in a way that just "homaging" the character does not.

Tarn's mask does seem like it crosses the line, though. Maybe it doesn't matter because Hasbro has no plans to ever make that character?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Ah yes, I actually forgot that the straight up "identical" KOs like most of the MP cars DO have the insignias too because these guys just don't care and US retailers generally won't carry that poo poo anyway.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
The insignias can be (and almost certainly are) trademarked. Designs, even when exact clones, aren't really infringing on copyright, and they were never available to register as trademarks.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The_Doctor posted:

Oh, of course.

Wow, they managed to make the crotch worse somehow.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Knormal posted:

Bigger diaper yet somehow smaller rear end... impressive.
:butt:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Keldroc posted:

Man, moving the hip kibble to the chest just makes that mold 100% better. I will never understand why Takara went the way they did with it. Not sure about the face on the OSKO, though.

It really looks like the Shadow Fisher upgrades have been incorporated into the design. See how the door flip out near the armpits and how the the front wheels are his butt cheeks now?

...gonna have to get me those upgrades.

Knormal posted:

Yeah, I see your point.

Got a bunch of stuff from BBTS today, only had time to open a couple of them.

Seaspray: cool little boxy dude. His arms and head feel a little smaller than the rest of him, but he's still a cool little guy.

Windblade is good, she's kinda based off of Highbrow, with the telescoping waist and big cockpit assembly just flipping back. The swords are kind of clunky but form a cool railgun/battlecanoe which doesn't really fit anywhere in robot mode. Robot mode is slimmer than all these other boxy fellows, but not fragile-feeling like Generations Wingblade. The head on mine comes off a little easy due to the flexible plastic on the socket, and the tightness of the Titan Master's neck. Any ideas?

Misfire might be better than Triggerhappy. (?!?!) Same basic transformation, but without the guns hanging off the arms and with Seeker-style wings that can be angled about. I like Triggerhappy's gun-arms, but they make his arms a little less posable than Misfire's. It's close!

Still in the box: Blitzwing, Octane, Calidus, Twin Twist, Top Spin.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

It really looks like the Shadow Fisher upgrades have been incorporated into the design. See how the door flip out near the armpits and how the the front wheels are his butt cheeks now?

...gonna have to get me those upgrades.

Yeah, I see your point.

Got a bunch of stuff from BBTS today, only had time to open a couple of them.

Seaspray: cool little boxy dude. His arms and head feel a little smaller than the rest of him, but he's still a cool little guy.

Windblade is good, she's kinda based off of Highbrow, with the telescoping waist and big cockpit assembly just flipping back. The swords are kind of clunky but form a cool railgun/battlecanoe which doesn't really fit anywhere in robot mode. Robot mode is slimmer than all these other boxy fellows, but not fragile-feeling like Generations Wingblade. The head on mine comes off a little easy due to the flexible plastic on the socket, and the tightness of the Titan Master's neck. Any ideas?

Misfire might be better than Triggerhappy. (?!?!) Same basic transformation, but without the guns hanging off the arms and with Seeker-style wings that can be angled about. I like Triggerhappy's gun-arms, but they make his arms a little less posable than Misfire's. It's close!

Still in the box: Blitzwing, Octane, Calidus, Twin Twist, Top Spin.

Jesus that is one helluva pile. Enjoy. Post some pics of your favorites!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ok, I'm going to (try and) pick up this TFNation Animated graphic novel for the following:

Me
drrockso20
DoctorWhat
TFRazorsaw
Iced Cocoa
Arquinsiel
Rhyno
Honest Ray

TFN say it's going to be one per ticket but they'll see later in the day how sales are going, so fingers crossed!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

You should probably take me off. I ran into some unexpected expenses.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

TFRazorsaw posted:

You should probably take me off. I ran into some unexpected expenses.

Ok, sorry to hear. I hope everything's alright.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

You should them have a rap battle to determine who gets the first copy.

Here's a picture of Ghost Starscream a la iron factory

Unfortunately mine is defective and can't transform :(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My Trypticon has the hip issue so I've been massaging the first spring for 20 minutes and it hasn't done poo poo yet.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
If you can't get a spring tamped down, snipping it isn't going to hurt the toy; the only way this would is if the spring was gonna get tamped down in the first place.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Welp, the Animated book completely sold out. I didn't get one. Apparently they wildly underestimated its popularity and didn't think to order one per attendee. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Jesus gently caress I never had a sense of scale until now. It's HUGE. :stare: