Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Idk how good mcvay is as an offensive mind but if the box is stacked he better tell Goff to audible to a Watkins streak route

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Forever_Peace posted:

I hate all of this for literally all of the players involved.

The only winners I can see here are Zay, Agholor, and the Eagles DST.

Zay's biggest problem was that he never actually caught real passes at ECU. He's an underneath guy only. I don't think they change how they use him much rookie year with or without Watkins and should be a decent PPR option.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Should be fun to use this as an experiment to see how long it takes sites to update projections.

Also LOL everything.

I have a draft on Sunday so I'm basically going to need you to work on this for the next 40 hours without sleeping. Thanks in advance.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Oh h*ck ya

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Part of me is glad that my first draft is next Friday, but I also know it gives everyone else time to read up on stuff too. drat.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Metapod posted:

Idk how good mcvay is as an offensive mind but if the box is stacked he better tell Goff to audible to a Watkins streak route

The problem with going deep against a strong front is that you need a line capable of buying you the time to hold it that long against above average pressure, and a QB capable of making the throw. I'm not convinced the Rams have either.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Metapod posted:

By all accounts McVay is an offensive genius.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Forever_Peace posted:

The problem with going deep against a strong front is that you need a line capable of buying you the time to hold it that long against above average pressure, and a QB capable of making the throw. I'm not convinced the Rams have either.

Sure, but they have a strong screen game with Austin to help balance.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
loving Zeke man. :(

Should I be rethinking my keepers?

We can keep 3. Auction, budget $200.

I will keep DJ for $15, and Jordan Howard for $6.

I was going to keep Zeke for $60. Now I think I may be able to redraft him around that price.

Other options:

Tyreek Hill - $5
Nuk Hopkins - $22
Davante Adams - $5

Thoughts?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

I was going to keep Zeke for $60. Now I think I may be able to redraft him around that price.

Other options:

Tyreek Hill - $5
Nuk Hopkins - $22
Davante Adams - $5

Thoughts?

PPR or what? Much as I don't really like either of them, Adams or Reek for $5 are very cheap

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I'm not sure I'd blow 60/200 on some dude whose going to miss at least a quarter of the season. Especially with DJ and Howard sitting there.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
.5 PPR, sorry.

And yeah, he's going to miss half the regular season. But it's a keeper league. You think he'll be worth $65 next year?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'd rather have nuk at 22 or reek at 5 than zeke at 60 with the hbs you already have. Use the savings to build the rest of your wr corps

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

He's going to appeal and he'll be allowed to play until the appeal is done. So we don't yet know for certain that he'll miss six games, or which six games it'll be. But I agree that the uncertainty and the high likelihood of him missing those games tanks his value to below a $60 keeper spot.

I think $65 next year is probably worth it, though, assuming Zeke doesn't get himself into any more trouble. Which he might. You don't want a Josh Gordon situation.

Can you trade him? Like, is a potential trade partner eligible to keep him for the same dollar amount?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

.5 PPR, sorry.

And yeah, he's going to miss half the regular season. But it's a keeper league. You think he'll be worth $65 next year?

Depends on your market. I'd say hellll no. $65 is probably exactly what he'll be worth, so using a keeper on him just wastes a keeper spot

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Yes, and that's a good idea.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Swap Zeke for Reek or Adams. That value is pretty great for them.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Other options:

Tyreek Hill - $5
Nuk Hopkins - $22
Davante Adams - $5

Thoughts?

Go Reek, not Zeke.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Keeper league question. 2QB, 0.5 PPR, do I keep:

- LeSean McCoy (3rd Rd)

or

- Todd Gurley (6th Rd)

I have first pick, so I could keep Gurley and just draft Shady first overall, but it's very likely that Aaron Rodgers will be available as well. In a 2QB league, Rodgers value is pretty insane. Edit: Zeke will likely be available, too.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Gearman posted:

Keeper league question. 2QB, 0.5 PPR, do I keep:

- LeSean McCoy (3rd Rd)

or

- Todd Gurley (6th Rd)

I have first pick, so I could keep Gurley and just draft Shady first overall, but it's very likely that Aaron Rodgers will be available as well. In a 2QB league, Rodgers value is pretty insane. Edit: Zeke will likely be available, too.

McCoy.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
The guy who doesnt suck.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
The guy who is not in a historically bad passing offense. After today's trade idk which team that is.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The one with the good qb will not be historically bad

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Papes posted:

The guy who is not in a historically bad passing offense. After today's trade idk which team that is.

It's the one without a good offensive line

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Matt Zerella posted:

Wasn't touching Watkins/JMatt before the trade, nothing has changed.

did anyone empty quote this yet??

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Teemu Pokemon posted:

did anyone empty quote this yet??

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
This team is available in this nerd league, you should join, really

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

nerve posted:

I'll take it.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
One last time I'm looking to see if anyone else wants to join our all IDP player league, thread here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3829406

We currently have 9 goons and I have some IRL friends who can put us up to 12 as is, but I'm giving slots to goons first and I'm willing to go 14 teams.

Right now we're considering some scoring changes to emphasize big plays and changing the roster slightly as ESPN added a new position called Edge Rusher, really an additional tag on most DE's and 3-4 LBs. So take a look, see if you'd like to have some fun with only defensive players.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Spencer Ware looked good on that opening Chiefs drive.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

nerve posted:

I just reread my old draft recap from s3 and wondered how I ever convinced a woman to have sex with me. :D

If I lose any leagues next year, I might have to snipe a team. This was a fun league.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

By all accounts McVay is an offensive genius.

He's from the Gruden school which uses complex decoy routes. How that always opens up the run game is a mystery to me but the point is it's frustrating as gently caress to own a Gruden WR. They'll get you near 1k yards and 4-6ish TDs and it'll feel like they can get you so much more.

Also I've always been interested to talk to a true football genius, like the one Belichick used to keep chained in his basement. I want to know the true poo poo about football that you never even think about.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Doltos posted:

He's from the Gruden school which uses complex decoy routes. How that always opens up the run game is a mystery to me but the point is it's frustrating as gently caress to own a Gruden WR. They'll get you near 1k yards and 4-6ish TDs and it'll feel like they can get you so much more.

Also I've always been interested to talk to a true football genius, like the one Belichick used to keep chained in his basement. I want to know the true poo poo about football that you never even think about.

He worked under Kyle Shanahan before that as the TE coach, and was apparently so well regarded that he became the OC under Gruden.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Sataere posted:

I just reread my old draft recap from s3 and wondered how I ever convinced a woman to have sex with me. :D

If I lose any leagues next year, I might have to snipe a team. This was a fun league.

:captainpop:

Also team names have been amazing every year. Ya'll are some creative fuckers.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

:captainpop:

Also team names have been amazing every year. Ya'll are some creative fuckers.

My favorite team name was s1 when I lost my first games and changed it to Reek Rhymes With Bleak. Just the perfect summation if my season.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
RIP Aguayo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Good article. Smart guy.

Out of date information re: Branden Albert but what are ya gonna do

http://scout.com/nfl/jaguars/Article/Which-Jacksonville-Jaguars-will-make-an-impact-on-your-fantasy-f-106058050

• Locked thread