Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless

ShinyBirdTeeth posted:

I'm not high; I just have strong opinions about Robert Fripp.
Oh, you mean that guy who hung around Adrian Belew, an actual good guitarist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

FactsAreUseless posted:

:redass:

alnilam

Robert Fripp, 1981, all coy and nervous and twiddling his fingers and drawing in the dirt w his foot: "gee, mr belew, sir, do you think i could maybe possibly be in your band, king crimson?"

Adrian Belew, white tee with cig pack rolled up in sleeve, takes long drag on cig: "sure kid, just don't get in my way, got it?"

FactsAreUseless

Brian Eno, but he's black and has a giant afro, listening to Adrian Belew: Nice work, kid. You got some smoooooth licks. How about you jam down and I'll back you up on the sax?

Brian Eno, listening to Robert Fripp: No, no! I hate this! I hate it so much that it turned me British and white and now I want to make ambient music!

FactsAreUseless

Jokes that are extremely 70s but you can't be bothered to develop a thread for

alnilam

FactsAreUseless posted:

Jokes that are extremely 70s but you can't be bothered to develop a thread for

i like them, those jokes

alnilam

*Phil Manzanera runs in out of breath* HEY GUYS i made it

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit
brian emo pioneers a new genre but his mom doesnt understand that its NOT just a phase

Robot Made of Meat

AverySpecialfriend posted:

brian emo pioneers a new genre but his mom doesnt understand that its NOT just a phase

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Scaly Haylie

12 Years A Slav

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
I had no idea that people had so much to say about Robert Fripp. Also, Brian Eno is the musical equivalent of two retirees talking about the weather.

alnilam

ShinyBirdTeeth posted:

Also, Brian Eno is the musical equivalent of two retirees talking about the weather.

I agree he's extremely good

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Brian Emo Philips

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Jedrick posted:

I am high and the solo in Baby's On Fire is the greatest poo poo ever.
they aint a bum not on any of enos 70s records

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

FactsAreUseless posted:

haha if i had a dollar for every time merry had confused one of his solos with the synthesizer id go get me an ice cream

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
Me: My man, I had a hell of a day yesterday. I got high as poo poo and thought about cool birds, I invented a new kind of taco, and I got the phone number of a chick who tattoos fake hair onto old guys for a living.

Policeman: Sir, I really just need you to get out of the crosswalk there's traffic--

M: And not just eyebrows neither. She tattoos like whole sideburns onto them.

P: I am gonna need you to get out of the crosswalk and share that number, sir.

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
I never said I was too good for it, I just said it was garbage.

ghost emoji

oooOooOOOooh
missy elliott smith

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The contents of this post and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information and may be legally protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity designated above. If you are not the intended recipient of this post, please notify the sender immediately, and delete the post and any attachments. Any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other use of this post or any attachments by an individual or entity other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
John Bonham Carter

sebmojo

Legit Cyberpunk

ShinyBirdTeeth posted:

Me: My man, I had a hell of a day yesterday. I got high as poo poo and thought about cool birds, I invented a new kind of taco, and I got the phone number of a chick who tattoos fake hair onto old guys for a living.

Policeman: Sir, I really just need you to get out of the crosswalk there's traffic--

M: And not just eyebrows neither. She tattoos like whole sideburns onto them.

P: I am gonna need you to get out of the crosswalk and share that number, sir.

lol

FactsAreUseless

ShinyBirdTeeth posted:

I had no idea that people had so much to say about Robert Fripp. Also, Brian Eno is the musical equivalent of two retirees talking about the weather.
Someone hasn't heard his early stuff

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle

FactsAreUseless posted:

Someone hasn't heard his early stuff

On account of this thread I went and listened to Another Green World yesterday and I was like "Woops...I hope that slips under the radar."

alnilam

ShinyBirdTeeth posted:

On account of this thread I went and listened to Another Green World yesterday and I was like "Woops...I hope that slips under the radar."

I'll come running to tie your shoe, my friend, EVEn though you made fun of his ambient stuff

FactsAreUseless

ShinyBirdTeeth posted:

Warm Jets, Tiger Mountain, Green World, and Before Science are all great albums

alnilam

FactsAreUseless posted:

kalel

Eno is a big hit with little ones everywhere. The LET'S ROCK! Eno toy is a rockin' singing' delight. Dressed in his own concert-style t-shirt, you choose which instrument Eno plays, and he magically recognizes which one you give him. He even interacts with the other LET'S ROCK! Instruments (each sold separately). Eno can tell when you are playing the LET'S ROCK! Guitar, Keyboard or Microphone--and he plays along with you! This toy set is ideal for kids from 18-months to 4-years old.

FactsAreUseless

lmao

little munchkin
a gbs style "mock thread" where we talk a ton of poo poo about elephants and how bad they are

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Manifisto

little munchkin posted:

a gbs style "mock thread" where we talk a ton of poo poo about elephants and how bad they are

peacock: I'll take an array of shimmering splendiferous colors please

zebra: let's keep it interesting, maybe something with a stripe?

frog: camouflage for me, it may not be original but it's p functional

elephant: gimme the most boring shade of gray you got

ty nesamdoom!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
elephant: I will seriously trample the next jerk that says anything about keeping me away from the cocaine

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Manifisto

"I nevar 4get" - big dumb elephant who forgets to not be hunted for precious ivory

ty nesamdoom!

sebmojo

Legit Cyberpunk

'I'm the biggest I'm so cool I have big ears holy poo poo mouse ahhh'

Olive!

the dicknose comic but with an elephant

kalel

ele-can't

DavidAlltheTime

All David...all the TIME!
Tom Hanks for nothing.

Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless
Woman: please! My baby is in the burning building!

Tom Hanks: what room?

Woman: oh...um.. No that's ok but thanks anyways

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
Me, taking a census 1,400 years ago: Look, I get off at four and they're tapping a cask across town, so can you just tell me what they call that town with all the salt?
Peasants: Salzburg?
M: Good enough *tosses my palimpsest in the wagon* let's trundle, my dudes.
P: Can we--
M: Not you. Never you.
Everyone laughs except peasants.

byob historian

ShinyBirdTeeth posted:

blame that album for phil collins solo career

byob historian

FactsAreUseless posted:

f o r y o u r p l e a s u r e

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Made of Meat

FactsAreUseless posted:

I often listen to AGW when I'm feeling nice and mellow.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!