Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

The longer you look at it the more you notice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sout
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0esCcp7pOj8
This owns, it seems like the pitch is so low that you can only hear the overtones.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

i'm going to assume this means it's in a really high register but idk
the forbidden song

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Oh boy, this is some extremely stupid music poo poo.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rsl/mpiano-open-up-a-new-dimension-of-music

Jordan Rudess-backed Kickstarter for a controller that is essentially a Seaboard minus some features, and uglier, at three times the price. Only $9456!

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

sout posted:

i'm going to assume this means it's in a really high register but idk
the forbidden song

It's the song the blue lady sings in the fifth element and it was made by cutting and sampling vocals so it's not actually possible to sing. She doesn't nail it either but she gets close.

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.

Trig Discipline posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rsl/mpiano-open-up-a-new-dimension-of-music

Jordan Rudess-backed Kickstarter for a controller that is essentially a Seaboard minus some features, and uglier, at three times the price. Only $9456!

:prepop:

It's profoundly ugly, like a ZX Spectrum without the charm

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

I have so many questions I don't even know where to start.
What on earth is that neck? I can't make out the logo.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Anime Reference posted:

Your bad decision prevented my bad decision so thank you.

update: the seller gave me my money back out of guilt. Which is good because I felt bad for getting the guitar you might have wanted. I didn't really expect him to take $55.

nice Reverb seller posted:

I refunded you your total funds for the guitar, the reason is I cant in all honesty sell you this hunk of junk. I was checking it out before boxing it up today and it really is not a very playable guitar. The action is super high and cant go lower, the pickup is as low as it can go but still way too high. The finish pretty much is sloppy, not my best work, honestly Im not going to sell this guitar to anyone, maybe let my kids play around with it air guitaring or something like that. Im probably going to strip it of parts and just sell those because on the whole, it really does suck. I should have known better than list this, and wont list anymore of my frankenstien creations!

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
Sounds like it would've been more work than it was worth. Too bad... janky as it was, there was something weirdly compelling about the look. Symmetrical doublecut + treacle-thick natural finish is just so 70s.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Didn't know where else to put this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWdKwYKUe1M

:stonklol:

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I made it twenty-nine seconds. Bhabhi please tell me I won something.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Dr. Faustus posted:

I made it twenty-nine seconds. Bhabhi please tell me I won something.

Longer than I made it, bruh.

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

...I guess I win the whole kit and caboodle, because I made it the whole way through. It was...fine, serviceable? :confused:

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

What's so dumb about biebz covering Tracy Chapman? He does a good job. :shrug:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

loool first he's terrible. Second, it's always funny when rich white dudes croon about being poor and black.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

"Anodyne" is the word that comes to mind.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

That's a fine performance y'all can do better itt

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Kilometers Davis posted:

That's a fine performance y'all can do better itt

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

it's always funny when rich white dudes croon about being poor and black.

edit: Kilometers, you are a kind soul. I mean no malice to the Biebs beyond cracking wise in the Stupid Music poo poo thread.

Dang It Bhabhi! fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Aug 14, 2017

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Trig Discipline posted:

Someone should really do a supercut of all the terrible stuff Jordan Rudess has been willing to go on camera to shill for. He's the Troy McClure of crappy music gear.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

edit: Kilometers, you are a kind soul. I mean no malice to the Biebs beyond cracking wise in the Stupid Music poo poo thread.

<333

I actually think the ol biebzer could make a nice career out of doing stripped down acoustic singer songwriter stuff. He's obviously talented and doesn't need a million people carefully crafting his sound for him. But it's not like I care or would listen so why am I even defending him help plz

Content: someone completely failing to prove their point and further alienating people from classical guitar

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5Asd813Gcns

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Kilometers Davis posted:

I actually think the ol biebzer could make a nice career out of doing stripped down acoustic singer songwriter stuff. He's obviously talented and doesn't need a million people carefully crafting his sound for him. But it's not like I care or would listen so why am I even defending him help plz

If I remember right he was discovered as a kid when a video of him busking went big, so he at least started with busking chops.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Kilometers Davis posted:

Content: someone completely failing to prove their point and further alienating people from classical guitar

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5Asd813Gcns

i was half-expecting this to be one of those segovia master class videos where he stops everyone like five notes into each song

stillvisions posted:

If I remember right he was discovered as a kid when a video of him busking went big, so he at least started with busking chops.

he became a star because ursher was hanging out watching videos of 12 year old boys on youtube, as is his typical friday night

massive spider posted:

"Anodyne" is the word that comes to mind.

sounds like every sensitive poet sophomore hanging out with his acoustic on the quad trying to score chubby tail

The Muppets On PCP fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Aug 14, 2017

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

The Muppets On PCP posted:

he became a star because ursher was hanging out watching videos of 12 year old boys on youtube, as is his typical friday night

lol i forgot about that holy gently caress.

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

On a related note, though I don't want to harp on the Justin-specific discussion, I never understood the "you over there trying to be poor/black/downtrodden/whatever in this song, tsk tsk" sentiment. At some point you just write what interests you and you cover what you have fun playing. Sure, the effect is more potent if it's more grounded in the reality of the songwriter but it's not like you have to be something to write about it. Was Iron Maiden guilty of the same effect when they wrote The Trooper because no one in the band was in the Charge of the Light Brigade in the Crimean War? I'm sure someone that was there could write a hell of a lyric about it. it reminds me of those old protective jazzdacs that never wanted anyone that played jazz to learn how to read music, and later never wanted anybody to own a real book. Understandable, but not the most productive frame of mind.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

This kicks so much rear end, holy poo poo.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Tweezer Reprise posted:

On a related note, though I don't want to harp on the Justin-specific discussion, I never understood the "you over there trying to be poor/black/downtrodden/whatever in this song, tsk tsk" sentiment. At some point you just write what interests you and you cover what you have fun playing. Sure, the effect is more potent if it's more grounded in the reality of the songwriter but it's not like you have to be something to write about it. Was Iron Maiden guilty of the same effect when they wrote The Trooper because no one in the band was in the Charge of the Light Brigade in the Crimean War? I'm sure someone that was there could write a hell of a lyric about it. it reminds me of those old protective jazzdacs that never wanted anyone that played jazz to learn how to read music, and later never wanted anybody to own a real book. Understandable, but not the most productive frame of mind.

It's not a loving tsk tsk you dorks. It's just funny this molly-coddled little bitch boy is singing about leaving this poo poo town behind without any belongings and heading off into the unknown when he is the highest paid human being on the planet and routinely acts like a privileged rear end in a top hat because he is.

Sheesh folks, it's not complicated. Also, re: Iron Maiden are you loving kidding me bro?

Are you really comparing a song about escaping poverty/institutional racism with Eddie the Undead Fuckbeast? Really? Lol.

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Are you really comparing a song about escaping poverty/institutional racism with Eddie the Undead Fuckbeast? Really? Lol.

yea

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Well I mean, George so called "corpsegrinder" Fisher hasn't eaten out a dead chick that was hosed to death with a shovel so I can't really take Cannibal Corpse seriously now.

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

Spanish Manlove posted:

Well I mean, George so called "corpsegrinder" Fisher hasn't eaten out a dead chick that was hosed to death with a shovel so I can't really take Cannibal Corpse seriously now.

That's my point, that that's not a reason not to take an artist seriously and it mostly just seems like an arbitrary divisionary metric so people can more readily beat up on music and artists they already don't like. :shrug:

Tweezer Reprise fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Aug 14, 2017

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

lol

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Tweezer Reprise posted:

That's my point, that that's not a reason not to take an artist seriously and it mostly just seems like an arbitrary divisionary metric so people can more readily beat up on music and artists they already don't like. :shrug:

hahaha holy poo poo.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
justin bieber adds nothing to what was already a good enough song and he's not talented enough to reinterpret it in an interesting way

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Yeah, I'll be honest I really don't get why some of you guys are so upset about this. He's a massive wank puffin but he did a good job covering it. Are you aware that sometimes people just like to cover music they enjoy themselves? I'm not a little Dutch boy who emigrated to America with my brother to become a mad scientist guitar wizard but I don't need to justify playing Van Halen covers beyond, "Because its fun".

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Yeah go beebs

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
the stupid music poo poo is coming from inside the thread!!!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Spanish Manlove posted:

I see what you mean it can be hard to know the difference between pathos and corpse-loving.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Let's just talk about Van Halen. Van Halen rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I mean, to be honest, Cannibal Corpse is not very different from Weird Al so I see how you would confuse it with earnest folk music.

• Locked thread