Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.

euphronius posted:

Hard no

I guess you could join a group

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

euphronius posted:

Hard no

I guess you could join a group

It won't let you go in maps, I found this out when doing a daily rotation group.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I've decided. As the complexity of a build goes up the harder it is to make it work. Every time GGG decides things need more health these marginal builds get edged out. Let's see what's Mathil playing? Oh elemental cyclone/charged dash never seen a cyclone build before.

"Duck and Cover you're just bitter your snowflake build is bad!" drat straight, guardians were a fine breaking point lovely High Garden boss less so. I can force it with better gear, a separate single target spell setup, maybe a different spell it's just disappointing to see how much better boring builds tend to be.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
It's pretty obvious when you think about it now that the merciless penalty is defined by the player and not the zone any more.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

Still no map stash tab yet I see. How do you all go about organizing the drat things?

One tab per tier

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
White/Yellow/Red tabs.

J
Jun 10, 2001

I just throw all my drat maps into a quad tab and search tier:X

In fact with the addition of quad tabs in general I've gotten so much sloppier with the organization of my tabs, I just dump poo poo into quad tabs and search for whatever I need, the search function is pretty great.

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror

Ciaphas posted:

I'm gonna try using the quad I already have for loot dumping/sorting, but I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that idea--sifting through items into what's sellable and what isn't feels like such a chore, especially when half my pickups are things like 6Ses or chromatics to immediately vendor anyway

Quad tabs are great for this too. Dump everything into a public 1C quad, re-price something if it gets interest, vendor the oldest half of the tab when it fills up.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Duck and Cover posted:

I've decided. As the complexity of a build goes up the harder it is to make it work. Every time GGG decides things need more health these marginal builds get edged out. Let's see what's Mathil playing? Oh elemental cyclone/charged dash never seen a cyclone build before.

"Duck and Cover you're just bitter your snowflake build is bad!" drat straight, guardians were a fine breaking point lovely High Garden boss less so. I can force it with better gear, a separate single target spell setup, maybe a different spell it's just disappointing to see how much better boring builds tend to be.

Everyone knows your builds can't handle the game anymore, you don't have to shout about it every few hours.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

welp, character is level 81, my build is "done", and i'm having trouble getting yellow tier map drops. It's either just grind whatever i get or take a break till the harbinger improvements.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

You can buy maps. You did know that right

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I'm concerned that I have no fuckign clue what to do with the atlas

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
So I miss ranged characters too much. I'm going to respec my charged dash raider into either 1) a tempest using split/barrage character that poisons with the new council gloves or 2) an ice shot death's opus user

I don't know which one I want though.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

NecroMonster posted:

I'm concerned that I have no fuckign clue what to do with the atlas

Then just fill it out without worrying about it. That's what Im doing this league and it's actually a lot of fun compared to running 500 strands.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

TheRat posted:

Then just fill it out without worrying about it. That's what Im doing this league and it's actually a lot of fun compared to running 500 strands.

i'm just trying to complete everything i can but i've ran like ten sewers now and nto gotten a single graveyard and i wanna stab someone. Gunna go back to running highter tier poo poo prolly.

Also, what the gently caress is up with kaom's roots i'm hearing that someone is trying to control the market it something but they seem too easy to get to ever be worth more than a chaos at most

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you know you can also upgrade tiers by trading 3 of the same map to a vendor

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

NecroMonster posted:

i'm just trying to complete everything i can but i've ran like ten sewers now and nto gotten a single graveyard and i wanna stab someone. Gunna go back to running highter tier poo poo prolly

Make sure you check zana for maps you need after you run her daily missions, and you can always buy maps from poe.trade to get the bonus completion.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Simply kill the boss of any map you like and don't kill the boss of any map you don't.

Your hand may be forced for some maps if you want a shaper orb from them, but there's a relatively uncomplicated way to undo them if you really hate them, or you can just sell those maps when they drop.

The complex stuff comes when you're trying to make your Atlas drop very specific maps in specific tiers and using sextants to block other sextants and blech. Just do maps you like and don't do maps you don't.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Ok, so the Volkuur gloves give the ability for [element] to poison, and then gives it a base chance of 20% to proc off what I assume are normal hits.

So does that mean that if I crit with a cold skill, does that mean that it will freeze AND poison? I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, but after all the dot changes I'm not 100%.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Repricing when you get interest is the opposite of buy out

But whatever

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If there were poe courts (assumpsit) your repricing schemes would be smashed into oblivion

Wholly unlawful under common law

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

If you miss price an item and change it that's fine but purposefully listing things cheap af to see if they're any good is kind of lovely imo. Waste of time for other people.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Is CI still amazing or should I get life and es?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I saw a summoner type build a while ago but forgot to save it.

Is there a guide out there that can take me into late maps for a summoner? My Frost Blades raider is 65 and things are slowing down and I'm pretty squishy still. I'd like something that I could farm safely with to start gearing out other alts.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

lucifirius posted:

Is CI still amazing or should I get life and es?

Only the most dedicated people are going ci

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

TheRat posted:

Make sure you check zana for maps you need after you run her daily missions, and you can always buy maps from poe.trade to get the bonus completion.

lmao i fogot that zana sells maps

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Necro players, How is SRS v Golumn v Spectre v Zombies?

Also does Aura build still work?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'd like to see it so that Uber Lab unlocks when you complete any 6 trials, not 6 specific trials that RNG can screw you out of for days.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i got 1 character to 91 last league and 1 to 89 and i never got my 6th trial

its a dumb system.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Fat_Cow posted:

Necro players, How is SRS v Golumn v Spectre v Zombies?

Also does Aura build still work?

srs + zombies is just gently caress-off strong atm, zombies got buffed a lot in 3.0

there are some really cool new spectres in the act 5 monsters (all of the cathedral guys are just aces) and the skill wasn't really changed so it's still good but fiddly to use as a main

golems require like 300c in jewels to be really good but when you've got all of that they steamroll things very well

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
Hi, friendly reminder to swap multistrike out for something else when using frost blades during Atziri's split phase...

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Jazerus posted:

srs + zombies is just gently caress-off strong atm, zombies got buffed a lot in 3.0

there are some really cool new spectres in the act 5 monsters (all of the cathedral guys are just aces) and the skill wasn't really changed so it's still good but fiddly to use as a main

golems require like 300c in jewels to be really good but when you've got all of that they steamroll things very well

Do you have a build you'd recommend for SRS/Zombies?

This sounds close to the summoner build I was considering.

nerox
May 20, 2001

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

If you miss price an item and change it that's fine but purposefully listing things cheap af to see if they're any good is kind of lovely imo. Waste of time for other people.

I throw all rares into the 1c tab, if I get spammed instantly by 4+ people, I know it's a decent item with a lot of interest and people are running live searches that match it. If it gets a whisper after 15 minutes, I sell it for 1c. If I don't get any interest after a day or so they get moved to my 1c vendor recipe tab and I liquidate.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

yeah, they should really just make it so that when you post an item up for a certain price, whoever offers that amount first automatically gets the item. that's probably impossible on the technical front or something, which is why no other game does anything like it.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Eminai posted:

yeah, they should really just make it so that when you post an item up for a certain price, whoever offers that amount first automatically gets the item. that's probably impossible on the technical front or something, which is why no other game does anything like it.

if you want all the items to be worth 1wisdom scroll except the top rare which is worth 9999ex :v:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Oh my god I missed ranged attacks so much.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
What's the fastest clear speed build these days? I need something to do after I make enough money running lab.

I'll never get to play vaal fireball again but what comes closest? I have a pretty good theorycraft zerker dark pact but I want to know what's fastest.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

interrodactyl posted:

What's the fastest clear speed build these days? I need something to do after I make enough money running lab.

I'll never get to play vaal fireball again but what comes closest? I have a pretty good theorycraft zerker dark pact but I want to know what's fastest.

how are you making money running lab?

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Carries, chests, enchants. The usual?

BV Pathfinder full key runs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Anyone playing frost blades able to speak to the single target damage in the endgame? How's the damage on bosses at t15+?