Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
There was a fun game for TCC go to the herion thread and pick a poster, See how it worked out for them. Like you could see a year later people saying it ruined their lives.

HARM REDUCTION

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
btw, speaking of sony pictures

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVgQuZf5o1M

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
black people are camels

what

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
We are way, way past the point of separating mock movies that would be on SNL and what ones are actually real.
"Guys there is going to be a movie about the animals during the birth of christ and Oprah is going to star"

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

KakerMix posted:

We are way, way past the point of separating mock movies that would be on SNL and what ones are actually real.
"Guys there is going to be a movie about the animals during the birth of christ and Oprah is going to star"

also key from key and peele

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
That movie is going to suck rear end and also make a billion dollars.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

also here's surfs up 2 which has the undertaker and vince mcmahon as animal versions of themselves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEfQpBuRzaI

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

PostNouveau posted:

That movie is going to suck rear end and also make a billion dollars.

Sony Pictures

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
Surf's Up was released in 2007 :lol:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Dmitri-9 posted:

Surf's Up was released in 2007 :lol:

sony pictures is dyin'

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I'm not going to watch Guardians of the Galaxy, but this came up in my recommendations, and I enjoyed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MMMe1drnZY

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Ghostbusters has always been an advertisement for itself, a pure advertisement for a nonexistent service. You see an ad for an advertisement and then watch an advertisement peppered with advertisements. Ghostbusters, as a blockbuster, doesn't 'do' anything (that's the beauty of it!), but it does make you "feel good!" It's a meme, existing only to perpetuate itself. It's what Jurassic Park satirized: "your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should." And it's why their nemesis is a marshmallow.

There are dozens of Ghostbusters 3's out there, but one of the most obvious is Jurassic World. If the title wasn't already taken, you could just change the name to Ghost World and call the sexist Pratt character Venkman. It's not like the ghosts didn't resemble dinosaurs already.

The remake's failure is purely the result of bad advertisement. And I mean that the film failed as an advertisement for itself.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

That's a lot of words to say absolutely nothing.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Haha, someone bought him an av of the crazy guy from Ancient Aliens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybcS7CP4Om0&t=2s

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Aug 12, 2017

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Except that the "let's get hard" line comes immediately before that one. Let's get hard and show this bitch.

There's a reason that the first scene is Murray using 'psychic testing' to try and get laid. And why second film has baby hi-jinx all of sudden. Not to mention all the sliming going on.

Ghostbusters is primarily a sex comedy.

My favorite part is that Mr. Stay-Puft the effeminate sailor comes from Ray's unsuccessfully repressed Summer Camp memories.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

He's just ad libbing. In one post about about GitS he talks about the diving scene in the anime symbolizing rebirth and in the live action movie it symbolizes a "return to nature". Now in Ghostbusters the movie is both a sterile self justifying meta-commercial and an extended Freudian sex romp. Hacky Freudian analysis about secret reproduction metaphors is beyond cliche. The CineD intelligentsia might say I'm being too simple minded but commercial movies just aren't extended metaphors with multi-layered contradictory meanings.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
I just don't understand the point. The amount of sincere effort from that person is v. confusing

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

(in cd poster voice) i feel like i forgot to do something really important...hmm (begins posting)

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
SMG was right that GB16 was just ads within a much larger ad.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Remember when that joyless turd got banned and there was a huge revolt from his fanboys and they started arguing over who was gonna be the one to pay to reup his account?

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

BexGu posted:

SMG was right that GB16 was just ads within a much larger ad.

He also thinks the first one was just an ad.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Dmitri-9 posted:

He also thinks the first one was just an ad.

Yeah for a good rear end movie that was happening while watching

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

did this get posted?

George Clooney has made a movie and it is written by the Coen Brothers and him.

Trailer even has a three second teaser at the beginning!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYga2m0V2O0

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

oh lord.........

ugh

nope not pretentious at all

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Someone should replace the images with Jar Jar and some sort of representation of the GB16 queef joke, to more accurately represent the modern CD Forums.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Just wondering... what do people think of Freaks and Geeks? If we're supposed to take that one line from the GB review seriously, Mike either doesn't like it or seemed pretty indifferent towards it.

I still remember it being the underdog TV show that nobody watched but was so drat good. I'd like to give Apatow most of the credit. But looking at the credits for each episode's director and writer, it's hard to not say Feig was more responsible for making that show what is was.

I guess the lazy narrative would be that F&G was ancient history and that he let his craving for Hollywood power come to his head.

Alright, whatever. It's been years since I sat down and watched the whole show; maybe it's not as flawless as I thought it was.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It's not flawless. Linda Cardellini does an overall good job on the show but sometimes her earnest "dorky teen who wants to hand out with the weirdos" persona gets too grating.

Joe Flaherty is the best actor on the show.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

violent sex idiot posted:

how can you forget vilerat and slenderman, the only something awful things from the last 10 years to have lasting mainstream impact

Vilerat already had one and Slenderman's getting one.

KMART THE MOVIE
Aug 9, 2017
I'm pretty excited about the Slenderman movie but I don't know what I think about the casting Jon Hamm as lowtax.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This made me dumber for a couple minutes.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I have an rlm theory:

First it was just mike and jay on screen and it was fine.

Then Rich started appearimg and i'm like "oh no a fat disgusting nerd with a lovely laugh" but now i realise that Rich is the best one of all.

Then Jack appeared and i was like "who's this unfunny oval office?" But now it's like "oh okay jack's in this episode. That's fine I guess".

Then Josh showed up and i still hope he dies.

Each new addition is worse than the last and i'm afraid for the future.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
The Canadians, Freddy, Len and Max have been good

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Not regulars, dont count.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Once Max Landis is run out of Hollywood he can become a permanent addition.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Permanent addition to a graveyard I hope.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Once Max Landis is run out of Hollywood he can become a permanent addition.
Once Max Landis is run out of Hollywood, I hope he disappears forever.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Max is good actually.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Mr. Max is fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Max Landis earned a place in my heart when he told rich "you should've loving stayed in hell you piece of poo poo".

• Locked thread