Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Barkley has been 'on the verge of being good' for 4 years now, it's not going to happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

eleven extra elephants posted:

Barkley has been 'on the verge of being good' for 4 years now, it's not going to happen

He hasn't had a good manager though. Maybe that is the missing link.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I'm sure Coutinho thought he would go to Barca next year. Chances are that Liverpool would've known about it already and perhaps even promised him the move - next year. No one would've had a problem with it either.

Suddenly they lose Neymar and get desperate, and Coutinho probably too. He'll know that if they don't get him now, chances are they'll find someone else and possibly won't come back again next year. But now it's too late for us to replace him and their offers have been utter shite. So either they need to show up with a proper offer, or he'll have to stay put - looking like a twat in the process (even though you can understand why he's worried this might be his only chance to go to Barca).

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Do you really only get one chance with Barca?

I still don't see why they're fixated on Coutinho. Aren't there other great attacking midfielders out there from clubs that actually stay in the CL?

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
Wait.

Their offers have been shite? 100m?!

What is going on

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Liverpool will probably wear shirts showing Coutinho in jail because that's what they and their oval office fan base demand

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
imagine pursuing Coutinho instead of Dele Alli

also it's funny that Sanchez is the perfect answer to this problem

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

I remember when Klopp came to liverpoo all the poo posters were talking about how great a man manager he was and finally all the players would be happy to be there. Turns out he was a fraud in a fail 1 team league.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Lenin Riefenstahl posted:

Wait.

Their offers have been shite? 100m?!

What is going on

100m is an utter shite offer for good-but-not-consistently-great Coutinho. I love it, Original Poster.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Coutinho is very talented but gets broken too much and takes on players too often. Worth lots of millions, but not 100

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
Wenger should offer them Sanchez back if they're throwing that kind of money around. 100m is insane for a borderline crock who doesn't show up half the time.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

African AIDS cum posted:

2015-16 was probably the best year for the Deloitte Money Rankings I remember teams battling it out til the last day to get their revenue up and all over Europe there were public squares with giant screens put up, full of people watching the accountants do the math in excel while having beers and singing and having a good loving time

lol

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Lenin Riefenstahl posted:

Wenger should offer them Sanchez back if they're throwing that kind of money around. 100m is insane for a borderline crock who doesn't show up half the time.

They don't want Sanchez because they know he's not good enough.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I hope we don't sell him. Coutinho chose a pretty bad time to ask for the transfer which makes me think a bit less of him but I've seen nothing in his character for him to throw a poo poo fit and not behave professionally.

If he does go then this will be one of the worst transfer windows in a while. We managed to land one decent target and lost arguably our best player. I've said it for many years now but we need someone who knows what the gently caress they're doing to oversee all transfer activity because it feels like we've got Mighty Red doing it right now.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Ewar Woowar posted:

We managed to land one decent target and lost arguably our best player.

That's the best case scenario for most clubs these days, you should probably get used to it.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Brony Car posted:

Do you really only get one chance with Barca?
No, not necessarily of course but they'll probably be telling him it's now or never, given how desperate they seem. Which could be true; they might find another player and thus not need him next summer. I can understand if he doesn't want to take that chance.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Or you have a bad year or get hurt. It's pretty hard to turn down that opportunity unless you just don't want to go ever.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Would be fine with selling Coutinho if LFC had shown even the slightest loving competency in signing players over they last few years. Keita is not the only young, talented midfielder out there and VVD is not the only great CB out there. If we had already done more business then holding out for every last penny from Barca would be a no brainer. Just loving mind blowing that our transfer target priority and negotiating process has been this poo poo.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

sassassin posted:

But they just bought back Deulofeu.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

If Liverpool gets more money they could probably afford Mbappe

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Vegetable posted:

He was 6 when Liverpool won the CL, think about that. Think about how loving old you are now.

Oh my god I'm going to go kill myself.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Vegetable posted:

I dont even mind lighting 180m on fire for Mmbop just to salvage something from this transfer window. Make it happen FSG (lol).

AndTheKnee
Nov 7, 2010
Why isn't three weeks enough time to find a replacement for philippe coutinho

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

If there are so many obvious replacements/improvements for Coutinho out there, you'd think Barcelona might be going after one of them, too

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

sassassin posted:

He's better than Coutinho though?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Sanchez's stats for last season piss all over Coutinho's.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

cheese posted:

Would be fine with selling Coutinho if LFC had shown even the slightest loving competency in signing players over they last few years. Keita is not the only young, talented midfielder out there and VVD is not the only great CB out there. If we had already done more business then holding out for every last penny from Barca would be a no brainer. Just loving mind blowing that our transfer target priority and negotiating process has been this poo poo.

Absolutely this.

It's a shame we can't get the players Klopp clearly wants as his record so far with transfers for us has been excellent.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

I'd take Mmmbop (I love the song as well).

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

sebzilla posted:

He's better than Coutinho though?

They must not know that.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

EvilHawk posted:

£100m is too little if anything.

lmao amazing

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Raffles posted:

lmao amazing

Why am I wrong?

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

EvilHawk posted:

Why am I wrong?

Because it's a ludicrous sum for a good not great player.

The argument of "oh well we don't have time to find a replacement" is ridiculous for a club that have a big scouting network.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Raffles posted:

The argument of "oh well we don't have time to find a replacement" is ridiculous for a club that have a big scouting network.

It's not a ludicrous sum at all and I've explained ITT why £100m is not enough.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

EvilHawk posted:

It's not a ludicrous sum at all and I've explained ITT why £100m is not enough.

Your explanation is bollocks mate

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Raffles posted:

Your explanation is bollocks mate

Cool but that's how much we value at him so it's actually accurate?

The transfer market has gone crazy. Deal with it. None of this money actually means anything.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Football clubs should sell players for the arbitrary values that fans set on them.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Marko Arnautovich is at least as good as coutinho and he went for like 20m

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Barcelona apparently spent 36 million pounds on Paulinho.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Raffles posted:

Then move a decimal place over if it bothers you so much, it's not as if these values are inherently meaningful in any way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

wicka posted:

Then move a decimal place over if it bothers you so much, it's not as if these values are inherently meaningful in any way.

then why oh why are liverpool fans saying its too low?

• Locked thread