Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yo, that was a good episode but it probably should have happened way earlier than midway through the third season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Invalid Validation posted:

They've been dressing her as more of an adult than a homeless teenager so that probably helps.

If you've seen her Insta, she's got Con nerd down to a tee. She doesn't adult at an adult level

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"Well, this is a little awkward" :roboluv:

Can't wait for the robot uprising!

muscles like this! posted:

Yo, that was a good episode but it probably should have happened way earlier than midway through the third season.

:agreed:

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Flashback showing 3 was always baller.

How about 4 introducing Android to hot chocolate!

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

It would have been way creepier if that scientist was a guy. "I'm gonna create an advanced human, then gently caress it".

After Dark for the latest episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9p9ZE9xego

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
this season is so weird, on the one hand im glad that it's more episodic but on the other it feels so strange we're getting all these one off eps while theres supposed to be a galactic corporate war going on?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Ehh background noise.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I do kinda wonder how many seasons this show will get. Taking three seasons to get its footing is crazy.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Is RDA not retired? Should have Tapping direct and Flanigan guest

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Tokubetsu posted:

this season is so weird, on the one hand im glad that it's more episodic but on the other it feels so strange we're getting all these one off eps while theres supposed to be a galactic corporate war going on?

Who cares. More entertaining poo poo and less plotlines we they will never be able to pull off anyway is good.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

It's not like we've haven't had Stargate actors on this show already, what with David Hewlett and Tori Higginson?

edit And Jodelle Ferland has been on both SG1 and SG:Atlantis (alongside Hewlett).

spookygonk fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Aug 7, 2017

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

spookygonk posted:

It's not like we've haven't had Stargate actors on this show already, what with David Hewlett and Tori Higginson?

edit And Jodelle Ferland has been on both SG1 and SG:Atlantis (alongside Hewlett).

Killjoys had Amanda Tapping in its first season.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Glorious.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I do kinda wonder how many seasons this show will get. Taking three seasons to get its footing is crazy.

The plan by the showrunners is 5 seasons. It could go longer, but they've said the story is done at 5.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

There is no way they had a full 5 seasons worth of story.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

GreenNight posted:

The plan by the showrunners is 5 seasons. It could go longer, but they've said the story is done at 5.

That's just something they say because that's what showrunners do. The showrunners has so far failed to have a coherent story running for one season and that's three times and counting. Basically,

There is no way they had a full 5 seasons worth of story.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Realistically it's probably about the same continuity as the average season of Stargate SG-1/Atlantis. It's just that with half the episodes per season it's far more apparent how many are standalone adventures instead of actual ongoing plot.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Joe has mentioned on his blog before the show even started that his plan is 5 seasons. He said the same thing about the season 4 pickup. Only two seasons left!

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Tokubetsu posted:

...theres supposed to be a galactic corporate war going on?

The galactic war is not the plot, it's background.

Don't tell though.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Killjoys had Amanda Tapping in its first season.

she has directed a couple eps of this iirc, and i think killjoys too

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Cliff Simon. Like seriously.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Show really needs to do more goofy episodes like this one. 2's dog face, Android's obsession with the past, characters actually having fun and not just constantly scowling at everything.
Best episode so far.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

"In...dispensible"
And the best line.

Android is still the best.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Per Joe concerning the 5 season plan. Little spoiler about next season.

“There is definitely a 5-year plan for the show. If season 1 was Secrets and Surprises, and season 2 was Risks and Redemption, and season 3 is Victories and Vengeances, season 4 will be Androids and Aliens. And you can’t get any more sci-fi than that. As for season 5 – which, if everything works out, should be the show’s final 13-episode installment – I have a plan to tie up all the storylines. I even have the show’s final sequence in my head.”

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

That sure is something someone would call a plan. My favorite part is the two random words that vaguely match some episodes.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
This is probably going to be one of those sci-fi shows that in 20 years becomes a cult classic and we're going to be considered idiots for not appreciating it

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I don't think the setting or characters would propel it into cult status.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Joseph Mallozi also blogged about his grand plans for Stargate Atlantis Season 6 and the Atlantis movie :v:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Yeah like right after it got canceled. I mean he was the show runner so he had plans for both and the cancelation was a surprise.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

New Episode

The Dwarf Star Conspiracy

One of the Android's newly discovered memories leads the crew to a suspicious Dwarf Star facility on Nova 17.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The boob conversation was :laffo: and :3: "Boobs booooooobs"

I loved the Mikkei Combine doctor. Yea we need to stop them. Nuke the site. :suicide:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Daaaamn, Android.

drat.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
A quantum alien consciousness escaping the final days of entropy in a dying universe?

I am a big fan of this new storyline.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The boob conversation was :laffo: and :3: "Boobs booooooobs"

I loved the Mikkei Combine doctor. Yea we need to stop them. Nuke the site. :suicide:

Stop saying that!

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor
I don't remember these aliens at all ever.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
these aliens are like something out of a bad ps2 game haha

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

wargames posted:

I don't remember these aliens at all ever.

One of them took over 3 at some point a season or so ago.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Polaron posted:

One of them took over 3 at some point a season or so ago.

Do you happen to know which one? I keep thinking I'm missing episodes because they show bits like this and I don't remember it at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Cojawfee posted:

Do you happen to know which one? I keep thinking I'm missing episodes because they show bits like this and I don't remember it at all.

Episode 9 of season 2, when they attack Dwarf Star Technologies.

• Locked thread