Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I quoted their overview? And linked it. They say it right there.

But I mean, if a single gauge (clock) that tracks too many things is is a negative, how is a bunch of clocks better? I'm not trying to be a dick , just get your point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Gyges posted:

I have never had any desire to visit such a terrifyingly hot place.

I have a classmate who was stripped naked and spanked with a paddle on stage at a strip club in Guam. Saipan is the cooler pacific island to goto. The Grotto is one of the prettiest places in the planet.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

KickerOfMice posted:

SHUT UP (translated: I glossed over that link, I guess.) :v:

Dumbass mistake, PROTIP: read thoroughly.

They didn't actually quote it they just posted a wall of text after a link.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Jfc. What moron would throw a fit over a loving Robert E Lee statue under the age of 80? As an actual southerner from a southern family, it's absurd the general of the traitors gets treated with such deference even up to today much less right after he helped assist in the killing of thousands.

Ahahahaha, someone hasn't been exposed to white supremicists. Lee and Hitler are their loving hero gods of their world view

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Shifty Nipples posted:

They didn't actually quote it they just posted a wall of text after a link.

But that's from the linked article, just no quote tags.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

SocketWrench posted:

Ahahahaha, someone hasn't been exposed to white supremicists. Lee and Hitler are their loving hero gods of their world view

I'm gonna quasi-devil's-advocate: if you're a random southern schmuck, or even a random briefly-educated southern schmuck, Lee's a pretty cool dude, or at least a pretty neutral dude.

He agonized over whether to support the Union or become a traitorous scumbag fight for his state, and even was pretty cool to his slaves because his wife insisted on it. As lovely Confederates go, he's both superficially somewhat decent and kind of badass.

Hell, I didn't know he made maneuver decisions based on sacking freedman towns for labor until several years ago, and I like to think I'm a gigantic history dork.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

alpha_destroy posted:

gently caress UVA, gently caress. At one point I was choosing between that and Mizzou. And even with Mizzou's hosed upness I'm happy I stayed here.

They should add a variable for amount of white nationalist activities on campus to college rankings.

SocketWrench posted:

Lee I never got. There are so many far more aggressively racist Confederate generals to admire if that's your fetish.

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Aug 12, 2017

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

KickerOfMice posted:

But that's from the linked article, just no quote tags.

I'm just saying you may have noticed it if there was some indication it was a quote.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Jfc. What moron would throw a fit over a loving Robert E Lee statue under the age of 80?

https://twitter.com/realalexrubi/status/896199178736599041

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

KickerOfMice posted:

But I mean, if a single gauge (clock) that tracks too many things is is a negative, how is a bunch of clocks better? I'm not trying to be a dick , just get your point.

of course the shitfucker with a monocle plays a blue deck

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Shifty Nipples posted:

I'm just saying you may have noticed it if there was some indication it was a quote.

hold my beer, I'm goona go play titanfall now!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The city of Charlottesville stupidly chose to allow those morons to come here. Then, at the eleventh hour, they pulled their permit and tried to move the protest to McIntire Park. The city has been pretty inept in its handling of this mess, and I'm legitimately more worried about this rally than I was the KKK one about a month ago. Nobody likes the KKK; even alt-righters have been distancing themselves. But Kessler is just sympathetic enough that if violence erupts, he might become a martyr in some people's eyes.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Lee's a pretty cool dude, or at least a pretty neutral dude.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1385409

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

KickerOfMice posted:

I mean, I don't want to make it illegal to release a clock that tracks the odds of cerebellum syrup ending human life by creating a race of meta human xmen but the doomsday clock used to be way more grounded than that. The times legitimately used to match world events for decades, now year to year the number changes what it even tracks and its just always at a very low number of minutes way higher than most of the entire Cold War and just rising till they ran out of numbers and went to fractions.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Jfc. What moron would throw a fit over a loving Robert E Lee statue under the age of 80? As an actual southerner from a southern family, it's absurd the general of the traitors gets treated with such deference even up to today much less right after he helped assist in the killing of thousands.
The Lost Cause is a helluva thing and the country would have been a better place had they made the same Anti-Nazi laws Germany during Reconstruction, that and not ending Reconstruction prematurely in order to win a presidency.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Read The Rest Of The Sentence.

edit: it's a useful link, mind

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Wow, I learned something from NeoGaf, what is the world coming to

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

The city of Charlottesville stupidly chose to allow those morons to come here. Then, at the eleventh hour, they pulled their permit and tried to move the protest to McIntire Park. The city has been pretty inept in its handling of this mess, and I'm legitimately more worried about this rally than I was the KKK one about a month ago. Nobody likes the KKK; even alt-righters have been distancing themselves. But Kessler is just sympathetic enough that if violence erupts, he might become a martyr in some people's eyes.

It's already over, isn't it? Some violence, too few cops all sympathetic to the nazis, broken up after they got tear-gassed for violence. 100-200 nazis present?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

business hammocks posted:

It's already over, isn't it? Some violence, too few cops all sympathetic to the nazis, broken up after they got tear-gassed for violence. 100-200 nazis present?
Probably more like 400-500 from what I'm reading. Another thing: This is the pre-game as the main event is tomorrow. This is a big coming-out party for North America's new Nazi movement and there are people driving down from Canada for it.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

As far as I know, but then there's the 'main event' tomorrow. I'm just going to stay far away from town. The whole thing disgusts the hell out of me. I never thought this kind of thing would happen in a little liberal university town like Charlottesville.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I'm gonna quasi-devil's-advocate: if you're a random southern schmuck, or even a random briefly-educated southern schmuck, Lee's a pretty cool dude, or at least a pretty neutral dude.

He agonized over whether to support the Union or become a traitorous scumbag fight for his state, and even was pretty cool to his slaves because his wife insisted on it. As lovely Confederates go, he's both superficially somewhat decent and kind of badass.

Hell, I didn't know he made maneuver decisions based on sacking freedman towns for labor until several years ago, and I like to think I'm a gigantic history dork.

Yes, but these fuckers like him for one reason and one reason only. He is the celebrated leader of the army that fought to protect slavery. His personal issues and beliefs don't matter. Hell, if Lee had stayed with the Union he'd be shat on by these fuckers like Grant and Sherman.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Most of the people are from out of state. Why Charlottesville? The Confederate statue there but you'd have to ask them. Various interconnected groups (there's a bunch) and Daily Stormer have built a scalable network of local chapters and "book clubs" and the like that is making up the meat of the rally. So again, think of it like a big national "convention" so to speak with the goal of putting on a big display of power and to shock people. Seems to be working.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Gyges posted:

I used to work with a lady from Guam. Always wore sweaters and kept the heat on in her house year round. As I live in Florida I have never had any desire to visit such a terrifyingly hot place.

Err, Guam has a tropical marine climate. Average temperatures are around 80 degrees year around. It's basically like Hawaii.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Most of the people are from out of state. Why Charlottesville? The Confederate statue there but you'd have to ask them. Various interconnected groups (there's a bunch) and Daily Stormer have built a scalable network of local chapters and "book clubs" and the like that is making up the meat of the rally. So again, think of it like a big national "convention" so to speak with the goal of putting on a big display of power and to shock people. Seems to be working.

Just quietly cancel the tearing down and drop a nuke on the statue instead. Sure, innocents will be caught in the blast, but it's for the greater good of the world

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Sending the police to block them from protesting in the first place seems like it would have made them bigger martyrs than anything. Not sure what you think the city should have done.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

SocketWrench posted:

Just quietly cancel the tearing down and drop a nuke on the statue instead. Sure, innocents will be caught in the blast, but it's for the greater good of the world
I wouldn't be surprised if someone or some groups gets an idea from Nelson's Pillar.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

So we're about to be slaughtered by kekistanis. Feels good man

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Sinteres posted:

Sending the police to block them from protesting in the first place seems like it would have made them bigger martyrs than anything. Not sure what you think the city should have done.

Opened fire indiscriminately, like if they saw a group of people who weren't white.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Opened fire indiscriminately, like if they saw a group of people who weren't white.

Oh word?

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

KickerOfMice posted:

:stare:

Of loving course they are hoisting torches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuR_ALpzG9s

https://twitter.com/GVAJr77/status/896229179116601344

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

SocketWrench posted:

Yeah, but we didn't have an inept moron at the helm with a chip on his shoulder about the slightest remark made about him. All Un has to do to tempt the US into war is call Trump a doody head say Trump has small hands and Trump would send in the troops

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
There's already a chance Orange Julius will see the fake DPRK News twitter account and believe it's real.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

its good to assault nazis

assaulting nazis is illegal, and thats good

lil brainteaser for yall

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

I knew that 88% off sale seemed suspicious...

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Young Freud posted:

Look at this map and see what countries have nukes...

With the exception of French Guyana, there's no nuclear powers remaining south of the equator. In a worldwide nuclear war, it's mostly going to be counterstrike (military targets, particularly nuclear weapon sites) and countervalue targets (population and industrial centers to prevent your enemy from rebuilding their military) of other nuclear powers. Blowing up neutral nations is stupid since you'll need those to rebuild or live in exile, because even those big shelters like Mount Weather and Cheyenne Mountain aren't self-sustaining and Air Force One can't fly forever. The fallout tracks would be limited to the jet stream, so most effects would be above the Tropic of Cancer.

In short, a nuclear war is mostly a white man's problem.

Ummm...the southern hemisphere is arguably more white than the northern hemisphere. Chile, Argentina, Australia and New Zealand. Most of Africa and almost all of Asia are in the northern hemisphere.

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."
https://twitter.com/JoeHeim/status/896192078832599042

lol it's like they're all getting voted off the island

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Eh 100,000 southerns fought for the north. Lee could have too but chose to be a traitor fighting to keep slavery.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Goffer posted:

https://twitter.com/JoeHeim/status/896192078832599042

lol it's like they're all getting voted off the island

They're all voted off my loving planet.

But don't worry space bros, they go directly into the sun. Not gonna pollute space with these fuckos.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Mister Adequate posted:

They're all voted off my loving planet.

But don't worry space bros, they go directly into the sun. Not gonna pollute space with these fuckos.

Jupiter. Don't want the sun flinging their filth across the solar system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

As far as I know, but then there's the 'main event' tomorrow. I'm just going to stay far away from town. The whole thing disgusts the hell out of me. I never thought this kind of thing would happen in a little liberal university town like Charlottesville.

Alternatively, counter protest. There's going to be a major counter-protest and it needs people like you to make them seem small and weak like they truly are. Put the cowards in their place and make them as impotent as they truly are.

• Locked thread