Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
My step-mother is pretty OK but she literally cannot cook. Her big thing is the taco ranch salad that comes in a bag with "tortilla strips"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

a kitten posted:

You forgot peppercorn.
smdh

:siren:!!!:siren:

WAY too spicy for me, eat that stuff at your own risk

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

angerbeet posted:

My step-mother is pretty OK but she literally cannot cook. Her big thing is the taco ranch salad that comes in a bag with "tortilla strips"

Speaking of tacos, it's funny how it turns out it's not actually any more work to make good tacos compared to the bland hard shelled variety. Go to a Mexican grocery store and you can get the pre marinated meat of your choice, salsa (both generally prepared that day) along with the little corn tortillas, onion, cilantro, radish, etc. Pretty much the same prep time but they'll taste 10x better.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

There's a restaurant in town here that used to do a salad with rare tuna and a wasabi ranch, which was quite amazing, except they shut down and reopened under a new name and I don't know if they still make it.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

RoboRodent posted:

There's a restaurant in town here that used to do a salad with rare tuna and a wasabi ranch, which was quite amazing, except they shut down and reopened under a new name and I don't know if they still make it.

Poke?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Probly talking like ahi seared

Sandwich Anarchist has a new favorite as of 04:00 on Aug 12, 2017

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

now do this with steak, rice bubbles and coca pops.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Synthbuttrange posted:

now do this with steak, rice bubbles and coca pops.

No.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Despite our past disagreements, I support this decision 100 PERCENT! :rms:

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

i'm the poorly used clone stamp tool evidence

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

NecroMonster posted:

Now that you pointed it out, I can't unsee it.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Lol they didn't even bother to feather the edges at all.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

AlbieQuirky posted:

State fairs started in the 18th century, though. Were they doing "deep fried pig's ear pie with vinegar molasses sauce" back then?
I think the mix was more along the lines of 'parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme'.

combee
Nov 17, 2007

it's the combee's knees!
no

pizza

rules

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Someone start a pizza fascist party so I can vote for it and help put an end to this madness.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Vote me in as Pizza Prez and I will end these pizza degenerates. I will build such a byootiful wall of crust, filled with great cheese, and it will be tremendous and great. I won't allow any disgusting, crooked toppings on our great pizzas, that I can tell you, I'm here to tell you that. You want pineapple on your pizza? Sad!

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

Screaming Idiot posted:

Vote me in as Pizza Prez and I will end these pizza degenerates. I will build such a byootiful wall of crust, filled with great cheese, and it will be tremendous and great. I won't allow any disgusting, crooked toppings on our great pizzas, that I can tell you, I'm here to tell you that. You want pineapple on your pizza? Sad!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

hmmm, yes tomato based sauce is a good thing on a pizza

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I want school pizza again. :smith:

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
If I ever gain a measure of power in this world there will not only be Pizza Rules, there will also be Pizza Consequences.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

a kitten posted:

You forgot peppercorn.
smdh

Don't know what "smdh" is but my first guess is "suck my dick, holmes"

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

twoday posted:

Don't know what "smdh" is but my first guess is "suck my dick, holmes"

shaking my drat head friendo

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Lutha Mahtin posted:

it's probably some kind of pastry with ground beef and "taco" seasoning inside. like a hot pocket. but who knows, back then they might have actually made it by hand!

Saying it's like a Hot Pocket only fits in the definition of they're both a filling in a dough wrap. If the Taco thing's anything like the Pizza Puffs that were like deep fried crack, it's heavily seasoned meat with cheese mixed in to the point it's still able to be tasted but not visible in an almost paper thin dough envelope. In the case of the Pizza Puff, it was heavily seasoned ground meat with diced pepperoni, stealth mozzarella in the near paper thin dough envelope. They were both pretty addicting and while I've found the company that made them still sells them, there's no way I'm going to go through a school shipment's worth of Puffs even if I ate them exclusively.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofUWTa5Tl-8

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Man, I missed out on the whole school lunch thing. My frugal mom insisted we brought our brown bag lunches. Once we were old enough, we had to make them ourselves. So from roughly 1984 to 1991, I ate at least one peanut butter and Domino's Cinnamon Sugar sandwich a day. It's a wonder I didn't die of diabetes when I was 20.

Speaking of mom, and going back to the Miracle Whip on pears thing --- a "salad" my mom would sometimes make was:
--- one large leaf of iceburg lettuce, preferably on a 1970's Corelle plate
--- one canned pear half
--- melon-baller sized lump of cream cheese, placed in center of pear
--- drizzle of Kraft Catalina salad dressing

I made them for laughs for dinner with an ex of mine, and he was horrified. I ate both with nostalgic gusto. Haven't tried it with the current beau, perhaps I should for this thread.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

quote:

8 ounces frankfurters (see Note)
1 tart medium apple, cored and diced
1/4 medium pineapple, diced
4 ounces canned onions
1/2 cup sliced canned carrots
1/4 cup chicken bouillon
1 tablespoon tomato juice
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 tablespoon cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1/8 teaspoon ginger
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon coriander seeds

Slice frankfurters lengthwise, but do not cut all the way through. Broil, about 3 inches from source of heat, 6 minutes, or until cooked throughout. Combine remaining ingredients in a saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently for 10 minutes. Add frankfurters. Cook an additional 3 minutes. Divide evenly. Makes 2 dinner servings.

Note: Frankfurters are pre-cooked. Do not allow 2 ounces for shrinkage.

*For dramatic service, cut pineapple so core remains in one piece, as shown. Stick frankfurters into pineapple core with hors d’oeuvre pics. Place core with frankfurters in center of serving dish. Top with pineapple leaves. Add cooked mixture around base of core.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Do not allow 2 ounces for shrinkage.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

NecroMonster posted:

My lovely eyes are going to need some red circles.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Randaconda posted:

Buy some elios

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Admiral Joeslop posted:

My lovely eyes are going to need some red circles.

Look at the righthand third of the piece in front, there's a bunch of circles of clonestamped pink tuna.

e: That said, even with the photoshopping, i would like to eat that tuna.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

He looks like he just butchered a baby for that "meat"

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Bilbo, give me the Cheese Whiz.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Randaconda posted:

When I worked as a lunch lady our school pizza was Dominos. Dominos made to satisfy legal pizza requirements, in that it had wheat crust and extra cheese and precisely four pepperonis per slice.

Also we had an actual salad bar and the kids loving loved it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

When I worked as a lunch lady our school pizza was Dominos. Dominos made to satisfy legal pizza requirements, in that it had wheat crust and extra cheese and precisely four pepperonis per slice.

Also we had an actual salad bar and the kids loving loved it.

I ate a domino's pizza in Mexico once and it had a wheat crust and it was goddamn amazing

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

legal pizza requirements

The hell is this blasphemy.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

pizza rules :thunk:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

I WILL RESPOND TO THIS PIZZA WITH FIRE AND FURY NEVER BEFORE SEEN, believe me, I will tell you!

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

We need pizza laws or else poo poo like pizzaria batepapo will happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Robert's rules of pizza ordering

Pizza Bylaws

Topping Constitution