Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
go back 2 Texaco
May 21, 2007

Can you be offside from a throw in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Football owns

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Drop Firmino back and put in Origi or Solanke. He's invisible.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Maybe don't choose a dumb fail club for idiots??

I was born into this terribleness sadly.

Firmino looks really off the boil today.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

I'm enjoying Machinegunboyo's posts FWIW, it's a nice little break from the unbridled anger I'm feeling.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

go back 2 Texaco posted:

Can you be offside from a throw in?

No.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Nice, Simon.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ewar Woowar posted:

I forgot how much I hate football. Sitting here in the middle of the night angry. What's the point lads

m8 it's the middle of the day?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Ewar Woowar posted:

Firmino looks really off the boil today.

Hopefully he's not driving home.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Phwoar lads, bet Phil's totally done a 180 on that transfer request after this performance.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Throw all the loving money at VVD

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Pretty good point about the upcoming Hoffenheim tie, not sure they will go through if they defend like this.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Are there any good Coutinho related meltdowns in the transfer thread I should check out at the half?

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

We look like garbage

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

No creativity in the middle of the park

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Salah back to being poo poo now he's in a real league again.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
Half time thoughts? I didn't watch much of Liverpool last season but I assumed they played pretty well considering their standing. What was pre-season like Liverpool fans? What's happened that's made the team look like relegation candidates? I can't believe it's all down to the Coutinho saga.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Garbage. Nothing in midfield, woeful in defence, attack looking disjointed.

Full blown meltdown. First day of the season. Great.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Marco Silva teams are pretty decent at home maybe? Hull were alright last season on their ground after he took over.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
*starts drinking at 7:30am*

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Same as last season really, not able to defend from corners. Lacking in midfield creativity when Coutinho isnt playing.

We looked a bit better towards the end of the half there and i think we will win this game but gently caress me we look poor at the back

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
drat, at least arsenal turned it around. It don't think liverpool are up to that.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Machinegunboyo posted:

Half time thoughts? I didn't watch much of Liverpool last season but I assumed they played pretty well considering their standing. What was pre-season like Liverpool fans? What's happened that's made the team look like relegation candidates? I can't believe it's all down to the Coutinho saga.

Nice, earnest question, MGB! :)

Liverpool looked good during the preseason, but many of those friendly matches were against teams that were not as defensively organized and played more openly. I think the old defensive weaknesses were still on display in the friendlies too.

Given Coutinho's absence, not being able to use Lallana is a problem. Can, Henderson and Wijnaldum all need to sort themselves out too.

paddyboat posted:

*starts drinking at 7:30am*

So a normal day for you?

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I don't even know what we do at half time here. We have no one creative on the bench to bring on which leave the likes of Origi or Solanke attack wise. Firmino has been garbage but it's not like he's getting any service so I don't see how bringing him off will do much.

I can deal with losing but losing while playing insipid football while conceding shite goals just infuriates me.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Liverpool should use their manager's charisma and history as a once big club to attract players to play for them and improve their defence

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Brony Car posted:

So a normal day for you?

Well he is called paddy

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Firminho has also done nothing today

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Ewar Woowar posted:

I don't even know what we do at half time here. We have no one creative on the bench to bring on which leave the likes of Origi or Solanke attack wise. Firmino has been garbage but it's not like he's getting any service so I don't see how bringing him off will do much.

I can deal with losing but losing while playing insipid football while conceding shite goals just infuriates me.

Move Firmino back and put Solanke on up front. At the moment Firmino is dropping deep but there's no-one who's filling the whole. Our midfield is getting passed by anyway, might as well take out Wij.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

julian assflange posted:

Liverpool should use their manager's charisma and history as a once big club to attract players to play for them and improve their defence

Agreed OP

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Ewar Woowar posted:

I think you've had enough chances to get used to this by now.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

Throw all the loving money at VVD

Can you guys call him something else because I keep thinking you're referencing van der vaart thanks

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Can you guys call him something else because I keep thinking you're referencing van der vaart thanks

Wouldn't that be VDV?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Brony Car posted:

Wouldn't that be VDV?

Lol

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Is van der vaart for sale

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
van der vaart was good for that one tournament before he got fat, us think a lot about van der Vaart in those days

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Brony Car posted:

I think you've had enough chances to get used to this by now.

Eh, the football is usually entertaining.

What I am being used to is being continually let down. You'd think after 37 years I'd learn to curb my enthusiasm.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

Brony Car posted:

Nice, earnest question, MGB! :)

Liverpool looked good during the preseason, but many of those friendly matches were against teams that were not as defensively organized and played more openly. I think the old defensive weaknesses were still on display in the friendlies too.

Given Coutinho's absence, not being able to use Lallana is a problem. Can, Henderson and Wijnaldum all need to sort themselves out too.

Can't help but feel the first bit is sarcastic but nevertheless appreciate the response. I guess yeah it's hard to take much from pre-season but I assumed something must have happened behind the scenes to make them play with such little confidence. Perhaps it's too early to say and that I'm being hyperbolic but this looks pretty alarming. Came in to watch a rival and honestly feel a bit aghast. What do the other Liverpool posters think is going on? Chuggo? Tarbrush? Hoops? EvilHawk? Sorry if I missed anyone out.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Machinegunboyo posted:

Can't help but feel the first bit is sarcastic but nevertheless appreciate the response. I guess yeah it's hard to take much from pre-season but I assumed something must have happened behind the scenes to make them play with such little confidence. Perhaps it's too early to say and that I'm being hyperbolic but this looks pretty alarming. Came in to watch a rival and honestly feel a bit aghast. What do the other Liverpool posters think is going on? Chuggo? Tarbrush? Hoops? EvilHawk? Sorry if I missed anyone out.

We've kidded ourselves with some (admittedly very good) preseason friendlies that we may have ironed out some of creases from last season.

Then our best player kicked off and said he doesn't want to be here anymore and the manager is poo poo.

This was always on the cards.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Salah is nervous. :(

Believe in yourself, Mo!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Machinegunboyo posted:

We're real bad against teams that sit back and it would bug me more if it weren't the the normal run of things for last who knows how many years

That said, this game is real egregious. There are passages of play where we can't even string simple passes together

• Locked thread