Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Send Conor to the fight planet where he must battle endless waves of bad guys for eternity like in the ending to that one Jet Li movie.

Not that one Jet Li movie, but The One, a Jet Li movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice

Mechafunkzilla posted:

mmmm I am very excited for another round of Punching Physics chat

I for one am here to complain about the scene in inception where dudes are landing haymakers on each other while floating weightlessly in space

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

El Roncho posted:

Not that one Jet Li movie, but The One, a Jet Li movie.
Yes! That's the one, and as the camera zooms out showing the endless hordes coming to fight Conor, we hear Papa Roach's "Last Resort."

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

thanks for the explanations friends

Also as a former baseballer I can confirm that a jump of two small ounces is a huge difference.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
It doesn't feel that much heavier for the first round or two. Then you notice.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

This is cool, during his workout Mayweather noticed Esther Lin was stuck near the back behind other photographers, so he stopped, walked up to her, and pulled her up to the front to shoot right in front of him.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXqmd1cF2QI/

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/896221007740100608 This seems like a completely dickbag, if not unsurprising, move by White.

Ishin fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Aug 12, 2017

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Ishin posted:

https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/896221007740100608 This seems like a completely dickbag, if not unsurprising, move by White.

this should drive the floyd line up a little bit

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Every video I've seen of Conor his left is so low. Floyd's right straight is gonna land every time.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

ah yeah the old crafty boxing technique of holding and hitting

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

https://twitter.com/Terence_Huie/status/896175118925352960

is this how boxing works, I don't watch boxing

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

There's also this sparring clip where Paulie gets knocked down

Which I mean, was clearly a push. He pushed him over with his fist.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
Touchbutt with a pool noodle.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

*Bruce Buffer voice* Introducing first, fighting out of the red corner: He has no style, he has no grace, this fighter has a funny face

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
I was gonna ask if we were facing a potential Double Buffer situation, but Michael Buffer already said he won't be there.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
He's powering up for a Hadouken it's a special attack move which is sometimes used in boxing if a fighter knows the right button combinations

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Ishin posted:

In response to those saying Conor can't box, here he is, showing that he can box. Badly. Against a bad boxer. Suck it haters.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Snowman_McK posted:

In response to those saying Conor can't box, here he is, showing that he can box. Badly. Against a bad boxer. Suck it haters.

Releasing this was probably more about taking the focus off of that media workout and getting people to pour over two 15 second clips like they were the Zparuder Film or something.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Bit embarrassing for Conor he could only drop a retired commentator once (illegally) in 24 rounds tbh

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

loving lol

I love this retarded circus

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Ishin posted:

Was the media day workout so bad that they released this footage just now?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Conor does the obscure boxing homages in MMA and obscure MMA homages in boxing

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I'm glad Conor realised that Ido Portal is a vital part of any fight camp

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Snowman_McK posted:

he can have a bunch of punches slipped by and then grab a guy who's clearly taking a breather because sparring partners don't box 12 rounds straight

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Fat Twitter Man posted:

he can have a bunch of punches slipped by and then grab a guy who's clearly taking a breather because sparring partners don't box 12 rounds straight

Pro username post combo

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich
So did McGregor go from having no shot to having at least a little bit of chance of not dying in the ring vs Mayweather?

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Vladimir Putin posted:

So did McGregor go from having no shot to having at least a little bit of chance of not dying in the ring vs Mayweather?

no

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Vladimir Putin posted:

The odds of Conor dying are pretty slim unless fighting for 12 rounds causes him to topple over like Dada 5000

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think that it's quite impressive that in a boxing match between one of the greatest to ever take part in the sport and a dude who has never had a boxing match, Paulie Malignaggi is the most owned person of all despite not being really related to this situation with a simply Rockhold-esque performance before the fight even happened.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Vladimir Putin posted:

Lil bit. Everyone was falling all over themselves to say Conor isn't a boxer. Clearly he is, so what now?

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Gay Horney posted:

Lil bit. Everyone was falling all over themselves to say Conor isn't a boxer. Clearly he is, so what now?

Well I guess from what I see Paulie isn't Mayweather good but he's not a nobody so Connor maybe has some shot of hanging with Mayweather and not looking like dog vomit?

Which may actually be a win for Connor? I mean Mayweather doesn't have a lot of options. He can't really win in a split decision after 12 rounds.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

That was real bad lookin dirty boxing man

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Connor's going to do worse in his first boxing match than CM Punk did in his first MMA match.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Connor's going to do worse in his first boxing match than CM Punk did in his first MMA match.

Nah conor will land a punch.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

help me, i'm dying over here omg

wtf is this

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

wtf is this

http://www.idoportal.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bej7sgnoFI

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Ishin posted:

McGregor with a 0-0 boxing record easily knocking out a legend. Amazing stuff. Boxing is really getting shown up by this whole ordeal. Stop Conner, they're already dead!

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Vladimir Putin posted:

Absolutely not. He's gone from winning via KO to winning via KO.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I've been a mcgregor supporter for years and I think mayweather is dreadful but I've coming around to wanting money to win....like I think he may be the better person lol. Therefore bet the house on an early mcgregor knockout and the death of boxing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

wtf is this

its supposed to loosen up your joints and tendons so impact shocks won't be catastrophic structural failures. its still goofy as hell.

• Locked thread