Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/Cam_Oflage/status/896155152326905858

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The ongoing Klan rally reminds me of all the deadbrain goons who were very concerned about Richard Spencer getting decked in the face lol

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/896386172733317120

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
https://mobile.twitter.com/ResistHere/status/896036346313289730

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

I want to reiterate that keith ellison is unbelievably awesome and I hope he runs for president 😊

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/896121993560338432

not a conspiracy theory, not a conspiracy theory, YOU'RE the conspiracy theorist

e:

I saw this a few days ago, but I still have trouble believing the dnc fabricated them being hacked. the people reported to be advancing this seem to be legit though, since they cut their teeth on calling the republicans out on misuse of intel to build a case for the Iraq war.

:confused:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 228 days!

Frijolero posted:

She's 100% Mexican. Problem is she's an upper class brat whose spent too much time in Brooklyn and got brain disease from working with HRC and Tom Perez

ah, so in this case her name serves as an overt signifier of her mexican identity whereas her appearance does not

within america, that is; in my limited understanding looking 'white' signifies status in mexico?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

luv2stache iron

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Hodgepodge posted:

ah, so in this case her name serves as an overt signifier of her mexican identity whereas her appearance does not

within america, that is; in my limited understanding looking 'white' signifies status in mexico?

Being white in a Latin American country means you're more closely related to the original European settlers than anybody else, and in some countries that confers more privilege than others. The colonial period in Spanish countries enforced a very strict tiered caste system that was defined by your racial background, with blacks and natives on the bottom, mixed races in the middle, and whites on top.

In many cases it was impossible to hold a high office like being governor, unless you were a first generation Spaniard who was born in the homeland.

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 16:40 on Aug 12, 2017

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hodgepodge posted:

Her name is 100% Mexican, but also I've been following her and know she's Mexican-American. She's from the South Texas border, like me.

Yeah, light-skinned Mexicans definitely have it better and are seen as superior. Its not always the case, but there's definitely still a lot of racism in Mexico.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Speaking of which, Randy Bryce is half-Mexican

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Frijolero posted:

The ongoing Klan rally reminds me of all the deadbrain goons who were very concerned about Richard Spencer getting decked in the face lol

i was very concerned that was the first time it made the news :ohdear:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

:yeah:

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
The desire of liberals to own the alt-left about Cville when most of them will avert their eyes the moment they have to put their comfort on the line is great.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Agnosticnixie posted:

The desire of liberals to own the alt-left about Cville when most of them will avert their eyes the moment they have to put their comfort on the line is great.

https://twitter.com/daveanthony/status/896395537485713410

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
dsa should form roterkampfbund

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol people loving hate attorneys

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Meanwhile at the DNC: How do we convince these upper middle class suburban republicans to vote for us?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
lmao it gets worse

https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/896399420148899840

"have you seen the other guys???"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

i'm curious as to what neera thinks the democrats are going to do about the nazis except cry about their supposed 1st amendment rights

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i'm curious as to what neera thinks the democrats are going to do about the nazis except cry about their supposed 1st amendment rights

Move right and get their votes

poo poo on lefties while doing so

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
well i mean skokie vs Illinois nazis was pretty explicit about 1st amendment rights

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

well i mean skokie vs Illinois nazis was pretty explicit about 1st amendment rights

the court failed to consider the indisputable fact that nazis aren't people and thus not covered under the constitution

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
Neera hasn't honestly disgusted me like this since her "Modi sempai noticed me" tweets

quote:

gently caress the ACLU, the National Lawyers Guild was right to call them morons for participating in this self-promoting farce.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I'm seriously considering withdrawing my ACLU subscription over this

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

gradenko_2000 posted:

The NLG is cool and good.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

Do it.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Inescapable Duck posted:

*literal Nazis marching with torches chanting Blood and Soil*
Good tweet
https://twitter.com/Harryslaststand/status/896347576366223360

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Jesus gently caress, now being against charter schools has been deemed racist?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Modus Pwnens posted:

They're one of the best ways to effectively re-introduce segregation, defunding public schools into the ground in the process, so yes.

EDIT: Oh wait I read that the wrong way around. Ignore me.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Modus Pwnens posted:

Teach for america has done a great job of trying to paint the NAACP's opposition to charters as hidebound conservatism.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

gradenko_2000 posted:

Defending gross things to prevent a precedent being established is part of the ACLU's thing. This shouldn't surprise or anger you.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Modus Pwnens posted:

I don't see anything implying that in the tweet?

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Condiv posted:

I saw this a few days ago, but I still have trouble believing the dnc fabricated them being hacked. the people reported to be advancing this seem to be legit though, since they cut their teeth on calling the republicans out on misuse of intel to build a case for the Iraq war.

:confused:

It's buried a few source links in but if their analysis and the evidence they are using is even close to correct, it's physically impossible for the hack to have been done by Russian hackers.

http://disobedientmedia.com/2017/07/new-research-shows-guccifer-2-0-files-were-copied-locally-not-hacked/
https://theforensicator.wordpress.com/guccifer-2-ngp-van-metadata-analysis/

The evidence indicates that the files were transferred using Linux cp commands to copy the files at speeds averaging 25 MB/s. The transfer speed alone would require either direct access to the server or somewhere else on the internal network. Considering that Linux was used, the most likely scenario is that someone with direct access to the server connected a USB drive with a Linux instance, rebooted that server, forced it to boot Linux, transferred the files, and rebooted to Windows. All done locally. Unless the Russians have secret technology from a reversed engineered space ship, it didn't loving happen.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Thoguh posted:

Defending gross things to prevent a precedent being established is part of the ACLU's thing. This shouldn't surprise or anger you.

https://www.aclu.org/blog/speak-freely/how-could-you-represent-someone-milo-yiannopoulos

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Agnosticnixie posted:

Teach for america has done a great job of trying to paint the NAACP's opposition to charters as hidebound conservatism.

A lot of things intended to be nudge-wink ways of getting around the Civil Rights Act have been incredibly successful.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Inescapable Duck posted:

A lot of things intended to be nudge-wink ways of getting around the Civil Rights Act have been incredibly successful.

Yeah, it's just extra gross that they've been doing it, in the case of charters, with the full support of people claiming to be voices of black liberation.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Main Paineframe posted:

I don't see anything implying that in the tweet?

Sorry, I should have clarified. They're in the replies.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

considering that there are literal nazi-wielding torches in our midst, it would be nice if the centrists could set aside their little crusade against bernie and leftists for a minute or two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

From what i've seen so far, even the most obtuse twitter people are having a decent take day. I'm sure i could find worse if i dug deeper though :sigh:

• Locked thread