Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Wirth1000 posted:

.....wow, really? I thought it was fairly obvious.

It all spawned from the Channel 101 series Doc and Mharti which I would link here but let's just say it can get pretty NSFW. Here's the wiki entry for it which is fine.

http://rickandmorty.wikia.com/wiki/The_Real_Animated_Adventures_of_Doc_and_Mharti

Doc and Mharti is the loving weirdest thing. To think R&M came from that makes me wonder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

In the first half of the season, the Renault chassis was also clearly better.

I think it was one of the best throughout the season, it grabbed the lion's share of pole positions. '82 is tough to read the pecking order because the Ferrari was pretty strong mid season and I think Gilles probably would've taken things to another level if he was still alive.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Norns posted:

Also ban Mercedes for using oil as fuel

Any reason is fine.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
40 more images from that legendary photographer

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/formula-one-epic-photos-schlegelmilch-940546/

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
"I must go, my people need me."

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

I remember seeing that live. Phwoaar Big Seb was switched on.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Austria '97 was an awesome race. Hakkinen blowing up from the lead after like 1 lap, and loving Trulli in the Ligier-Mugen leading everyone until blowing up.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
https://twitter.com/RGrosjean/status/896055156197830656

What a helmet :swoon:

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
The last few days I've been dipping in and out of a stream that shows old races on a loop. It's bought back just how much I didn't enjoy the Schumacher-Ferrari early noughties era.

Pablo Bluth fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Aug 12, 2017

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

GramCracker posted:

Doc and Mharti is the loving weirdest thing. To think R&M came from that makes me wonder

Doc and Mharti is the kind of poo poo you come up with after a lot of grain alcohol.

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?
My 7-year-old niece had another Karting day today, this time in the Barossa Valley, one of Adelaide's Wine Countries. She's still not very good, and the most exciting part of her day was finding a frog.

Did none of you guys wear Fubu?

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?

Ummm....why does Mrs Stewart look like Benedict Cumberbatch with a wig?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

aequalis posted:

My 7-year-old niece had another Karting day today, this time in the Barossa Valley, one of Adelaide's Wine Countries. She's still not very good, and the most exciting part of her day was finding a frog.

Why was Max there?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

aequalis posted:

Certain people at my extremely white, middle-class, suburban state school did. The kind of kids that you would expect to end up on the side of a milk carton if they went to an inner city school.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

1500quidporsche posted:

In the context of 82 its completely understandable why Prost went off on Renault in 83 for losing the championship. Ferrari should've had a WDC in '82 but equally Renault should've been there to pick up the pieces when both Ferrari drivers were taken out of the championship.

Renault really hosed themselves in 1982. Prost won the first 2 races and then didn't score again for 8 races. Arnoux got 3rd in that first race and then didn't score again until he won in France 10 races later.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Didn't they gently caress themselves in 83 as well? I recall Prost being pretty salty towards Renault at the start of the 84 season. Then proceeded to stomp everyone in the McLaren that year.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

aequalis posted:

Ummm....why does Mrs Stewart look like Benedict Cumberbatch with a wig?

The guy next to her is drinking a beer. At least it's not red bull

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

Didn't they gently caress themselves in 83 as well? I recall Prost being pretty salty towards Renault at the start of the 84 season. Then proceeded to stomp everyone in the McLaren that year.

Ya, the initial BT-52 design wasn't that fast and it was a fight between Renault and Ferrari for most the season with Brabham clinging on with their pitstops. Prost's championship was dead on arrival when the BT-52B came out and was outright the fastest car on track. He blasted Renault for no developing their car enough, they were basically the third fastest car the last three races of the season.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
Naff co and spliffy jackets were banned from my high school because the headmaster noticed it was what the kids smoking outside the gate were wearing.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Good guy Nico

https://twitter.com/nico_rosberg/status/896114653847199744

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
What did he win? The inexplicably a fanatical Rosberg supporter award?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Pwhoar what a good and cool lad.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Nicowns Bossberg.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Even likes the good motorsports

https://twitter.com/nico_rosberg/status/894167366690623492

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
What kind of TV is that and lol @ the framed horse picture.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

Ya, the initial BT-52 design wasn't that fast and it was a fight between Renault and Ferrari for most the season with Brabham clinging on with their pitstops. Prost's championship was dead on arrival when the BT-52B came out and was outright the fastest car on track. He blasted Renault for no developing their car enough, they were basically the third fastest car the last three races of the season.

'83 was Renault's to lose and they did. Both championships.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Wirth1000 posted:

He's too rich to care and Germans, even fake ones, have poor decorative taste.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dudley posted:

Renault really hosed themselves in 1982. Prost won the first 2 races and then didn't score again for 8 races. Arnoux got 3rd in that first race and then didn't score again until he won in France 10 races later.

The RE30 and Prost arguably could have won both '81 and '82. It's a shame really.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

'83 was Renault's to lose and they did. Both championships.

I think they fundamentally miscalculated how powerful pitstops were in the first half of the year, every second race they'd be on the back foot because Piquet would stop 10 seconds faster than Prost and the Ferraris 5. it was only in the later stages that they got their poo poo together and by then it was too late.

Wirth1000 posted:

You clearly have never been in a german home my friend.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Wirth1000 posted:

lol @ the framed horse picture.

You can say what you like about Rosberg but you shouldn't make fun of his wife.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

LMAO at the huge TV on the tiny TV stand.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

Wirth1000 posted:

RIP Waffles the Horse, 2012-2015

Thought of Hamilton and died

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The germans have a deep love of everything kitsch as well as the old west, especially native americans. This manifests itself in their home decor and is really jarring if you are not expecting it.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

1500quidporsche posted:

The germans have a deep love of everything kitsch as well as the old west, especially native americans. This manifests itself in their home decor and is really jarring if you are not expecting it.

I like kitsch, but that's just terrible.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Rosberg is so concerned about going down in history as the worst F1 driver of all time that he's giving gifts to people who pretend to be his fan... that's just sad

However it explains why he has so much support in this thread... I bet he's got track day bro and all the rest on the payroll

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I'm the wicker basket

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I'm the forest mural and animal skin rug just out of shot.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I didn't even know MotoGP was covered on Eurosport. Is it the world feed? Anyone with taste would get the BT feed of the broadcast, the commentators are way better. Disappointed in Our Rossie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I might be in the minority here but does anyone else wish they came out of a F1 World Champion's balls?

• Locked thread