Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boksi
Jan 11, 2016

Loving the inane pettiness of adding all that smoke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
When was the last time you saw a house with a chimney belching black smoke

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Some of the more devoted conservatives might modify their houses to roll coal.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Internet Kraken posted:

When was the last time you saw a house with a chimney belching black smoke
As of this moment, Al Gore no longer exists.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I was 80% sure that would lead to a news story about the death of Al Gore

Jay Rust fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Aug 12, 2017

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

"Hey, remember that time when George Bush ended up being president through a shady and probably undemocratic boondoggle? Wasn't that hilarious?"

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

"Rather than admit Hillary was a better choice than Trump, I'll just overthrow America's entire political system."

Apple Pie Hubbub fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Aug 12, 2017

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Boksi posted:

Also, documentaries notoriously don't make money at the box offfice, that doesn't stop people making them. If it did, we wouldn't have Hillary's America.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Me, every night, for the last 200 days.

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Aug 12, 2017

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

"Rather than admit Hillary was a better choice than Trump, I'll just overthrow America's entire political system."

You say that like that's a bad thing.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Boksi posted:

"When he himself is made out of carbon."

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Rigged Death Trap posted:

"When he himself is made out of carbon."

"When he himself is apparently running an entire coal plant"

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

You know, if this were leading up to supporting the Fair Representation Act or another sort of electoral reform that actually would fix a lot of our problems, including the spoiler effect and two parties being the only choices basically, I'd have a lot more good will towards Stantallie despite... Everything. But that would be a legitimately good thing on their part, even if they did it in the most banal or hamfisted way possible, so obviously that's not what this is leading up to.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Starshark posted:

Article on Australian political cartoons. If nothing else, have a look at Petty's cartoon. They're all like that.

It's a bit fawning, but you can always skip over the words and just read the 'toons.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-11/political-cartoons-in-the-internet-age-is-it-the-end-of-an-era/8798936

bruce petty is just a very old cartoonist

(bruce petty, 1964, the new yorker)

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
If he's too old to draw he should just die. :twisted:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Alhazred posted:

You say that like that's a bad thing.

We tried that. It gave us loving Trump. Maybe we should take the lesson that "burn it all down!" doesn't loving work.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Roland Jones posted:

You know, if this were leading up to supporting the Fair Representation Act or another sort of electoral reform that actually would fix a lot of our problems, including the spoiler effect and two parties being the only choices basically, I'd have a lot more good will towards Stantallie despite... Everything. But that would be a legitimately good thing on their part, even if they did it in the most banal or hamfisted way possible, so obviously that's not what this is leading up to.

No, he just wants to replace the Republicans with the Libertarians.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Despite never once giving a single policy or position of the libertarians that he supports.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

The dog is dead by now, isn't she?

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

Stultus Maximus posted:

No, he just wants to replace the Republicans with the Libertarians.

So, bigger money and even more entrenched interests.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Fulchrum posted:

We tried that. It gave us loving Trump. Maybe we should take the lesson that "burn it all down!" doesn't loving work.

Voting for a rich, white, male republican isn't overthrowing the political system of the US, it's maintaining it.

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

McConnell is a caricaturist's dream and Ramirez fucks it up (as always).

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
So I wonder if our resident anti-protest and anti-riot finger-waggers are going to make cartoons admonishing the recent mass bout of brutish and criminal behavior in Charlottesville, or if it will somehow quietly and mysteriously slide by the wayside.
I'm sure this is a vital and relevant issue they'll be quick to condemn, right?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:stare:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

If you are yourself made of carbon, etc

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Vib Rib posted:

So I wonder if our resident anti-protest and anti-riot finger-waggers are going to make cartoons admonishing the recent mass bout of brutish and criminal behavior in Charlottesville, or if it will somehow quietly and mysteriously slide by the wayside.
I'm sure this is a vital and relevant issue they'll be quick to condemn, right?

Nah, they'll just fill the air with hot takes about antifa. There's almost assuredly going to be a Garrison commission about it though.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Jonas Albrecht posted:

https://twitter.com/O_Draws/status/895656845297065984

Ian Miles Cheong commissioned himself a very Garrison-esque picture.

IT'S TIME TO D-D--D-D-D-D-DUEL!

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Both Koreans and Americans descended from the same white man.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

HootTheOwl posted:

IT'S TIME TO D-D--D-D-D-D-DUEL!

I activate my trap card: "Not An Argument!" It negates your attack then ends the debating phase.
Your Special Snowflake Magician cant attack me now!

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

I activate my trap card: "Not An Argument!" It negates your attack then ends the debating phase.

Hey, did you just summon a bunch of logical fallacies in one turn?
Screw the rules, I have money!

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

We see tons of these cartoons with mushroom clouds coming from trumps and Kims heads but if they really wanted to get the metaphor right they should be exploding from the crotch.

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008
Can't wait to see the Garrison take on Charlottesville. Wait... no... no, I can wait.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

But my Ad Homenim attack was supposed to bypass your defenses and reduce your speaker points to nothing!
My Strawmen can't survive another attack from your UbermenchBlue-eyed White Klansman!!

Edit: I know dragon would still work.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Garrand posted:

We see tons of these cartoons with mushroom clouds coming from trumps and Kims heads but if they really wanted to get the metaphor right they should be exploding from the crotch.

It would be too small to see unless the artist doesn't care about their dignity.

So yes I'm sure Garrison will draw Trump with the biggest, hugest, bestest mushroom cloud in town.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Donald Trump’s North Korea threat – As Europe worries about contaminated eggs, the US president tweets that military options are ‘locked and loaded’ for use against Pyongyang"

Telegraph:

Independent:

After Edouard Ravel De Malval.

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Looking forward to toons from Lester and McCoy about how the antifa in Charlottesville were extremely violent and oppressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Political Cartoons 2017: The face of terrifying all-consuming death

• Locked thread