Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

psydude posted:

Would rather be at JBLM than basically anywhere else CONUS, except maybe Belvoir, Myer, Meade, or the Pentagon, but those don't count.

Germany is the only place I've ever been where all of the people in the Army are happy, though. It was weird.

e: I had to deal with a bunch of Army people this week. I was there in an official capacity for my job, so obviously I wasn't making GBS threads on Armydom, but it still surprises me how many people legitimately enjoy being in the Army. Like, it beats the hell out of working fast food, but if you're a CW4 working at Cyber Command with an OSCP why wouldn't you get out?

Being a CW4 is one step away from the legit best job in the Army, which is being a CW5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

milk milk lemonade posted:

Being a CW4 is one step away from the legit best job in the Army, which is being a CW5.

Yeah you can tell a division CSM to gently caress off and you can basically become branch immaterial if you want. But then again, none of those things would matter if you weren't in the Army in the first place.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Become a filthy civilian so that can you tell a CSM to gently caress off.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
The only dude I ever saw who legit loved being in the army was a machinist that worked at the army marksmanship unit at Benning. He just got to play with all the toys to make stuff for Olympians and loved it, probably because there was no army bullshit attached.

There poor poo poo was stuck at E4 and was gonna get booted because points for e5 were maxed forever and he was legit sad about it.

But an old buddy of mine told me that when they booted his rear end out they just hired him back as a civilian for double the money and he's happy as gently caress now. Basically won the army game.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

not caring here posted:

The only dude I ever saw who legit loved being in the army was a machinist that worked at the army marksmanship unit at Benning. He just got to play with all the toys to make stuff for Olympians and loved it, probably because there was no army bullshit attached.

There poor poo poo was stuck at E4 and was gonna get booted because points for e5 were maxed forever and he was legit sad about it.

But an old buddy of mine told me that when they booted his rear end out they just hired him back as a civilian for double the money and he's happy as gently caress now. Basically won the army game.

We've all heard the legend of so-and-so who got out and is making double doing the same job as a civilian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQiNYtkwuyw&t=23s

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Mike-o posted:

Hahahaha god drat I’m glad I never went to Korea. Should have stayed in Germany though instead of PCSing to JBLM.

This. A million loving times this.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Power went out at NFH so their response was to bring those sealed lunch squares up from SRP for lunch and dinner. And you had to walk to the chow hall to get them.

An MRE would have been preferable, and I seriously mean that.

I ordered pizza. DD214 tomorrow with all hope and a bus to the house some point after

its curtains for Kevin fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Aug 11, 2017

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Got an appointment tomorrow for my Lower back, shoulder, and knees for aches and pains I didn't have this time last year. Hoping for something service connected so I can get on voc rehab because man I do not like having back issues at 23

E: it makes me really happy to see mustang already become jaded and depressed before I'm even home. It's like he's a living apparition of the Terminal Lance comic.

Get hosed sir o7

The army sucks :(

its curtains for Kevin fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Aug 11, 2017

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Internet VFW > Army Thread: it makes me really happy to see you become jaded and depressed

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Naked Bear posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Internet VFW > Army Thread: it makes me really happy to see you become jaded and depressed

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Keep complaining. I have been fighting with the Army AND VA for my testicle pain but they are like "but you still have it!" I told them to cut it off because it hurts all the goddamn time and no one knows why. They were like "well let's try to get it rated again."

I've been complaining for 5 years including getting different treatments like shoving a needle in my back and electrocuting various nerves trying to see which one is my affected ball and then inject it with steroids which was supposed to help the pain but didn't really.

That's top 3 worst pain ever experienced in my life. I've broken my arm completely through the forearm (5 compound fractures simultaneously) and it doesn't make that list for reference. And before you discount shock, they strapped my arm to me and put me in an ambulance. Speed bumps are a mother fucker

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Naked Bear posted:

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Mustang, Sir, pull up! Don't descend into the pit! I believe in you!

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You motherfuckers knock this sir poo poo off or I'm gonna go ham on the probate button.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

You motherfuckers knock this sir poo poo off or I'm gonna go ham on the prostate button.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Well I left as an O3 so maybe I'll call him by his first name

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I must be getting old, because I saw a bunch of O3s this week who looked like kids.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

psydude posted:

I must be getting old, because I saw a bunch of O3s this week who looked like kids.

I hit O-3 not long before I turned 25, so you're not wrong.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

psydude posted:

I was younger than all my first PSG's kids. He had 5.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

This just triggered the everloving poo poo outta me

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.

Mr_Ruckus posted:

Camp Shelby

That gut truck though. Frito pie is the only good memory I have of Camp Shelby.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

You're talking about the area under the pavilion next to the PX with all of the food trucks? Yeah that was some of the best food I've had on an Army base.

Camp Shelby is pretty bad otherwise. I was there when the government shutdown happened and they laid off all of the gate guards and never hired them back. You could quite literally drive onto post and nobody would stop you.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

psydude posted:

You're talking about the area under the pavilion next to the PX with all of the food trucks? Yeah that was some of the best food I've had on an Army base.

Camp Shelby is pretty bad otherwise. I was there when the government shutdown happened and they laid off all of the gate guards and never hired them back. You could quite literally drive onto post and nobody would stop you.

Shelby also has a gut truck that drives around the non-restricted roads near the training areas and other facilities.

It was a life-saver while we were all sitting around waiting to be shuffled through the SRB building and we hadn't had lunch yet because lol what's planning?

But yeah, Camp Shelby blows. I was in the MS Guard and it's where we went for AT and sometimes 3-day drills. I used to say that if they gave America an enema, Camp Shelby was where they'd stick the tube.

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
Anyone who complains about being stationed in Europe should be sent to either Irwin, Polk, or Wainright as penance for their sins.

Whipped Buttcheeks fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Aug 12, 2017

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

I've been at Irwin for 5 years. I don't know what I did, but it must've been pretty bad.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I ran into an officer who was prior enlisted before having a break in service and going to school. When someone asked why he left the first time he just said "I was an 11B with a four year contract and did two years at Polk and finished my enlistment at Irwin."

Rekt.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
I'm a little hesitant to trust that USAWTFM has found some journalistic standards lately, but man reading that poo poo about the RN 1LT who got set on fire is unreal. We might actually have a competitor for McNallys' lifetime's worth of bullshit.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Suntan Boy posted:

I've been at Irwin for 5 years. I don't know what I did, but it must've been pretty bad.

You enlisted

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

I'm a little hesitant to trust that USAWTFM has found some journalistic standards lately, but man reading that poo poo about the RN 1LT who got set on fire is unreal. We might actually have a competitor for McNallys' lifetime's worth of bullshit.

Oh yeah, that's orders of magnitude worse than what I went through.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

Holy gently caress.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Link?

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

https://www.armywtfmoments.com/2017/08/toxic-command-us-army-ignores-nurses-yearlong-pleas-help/

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Jesus Christ

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

The more this keeps happening however, the more visibility and chance action will happen

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

cravius posted:

Jesus Christ

I made the mistake of reading the comments :shepicide:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Soulex posted:

The more this keeps happening however, the more visibility and chance action will happen

yeah like a powerpoint presentation every 90 days about why you shouldn't do that

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Holy loving poo poo...

I think my family knows her

edit: I used to go to Munson army health center as a kid for general wellness and whatnot, so this is just beyond crazy for me to read this for the first time..

Nice and hot piss fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Aug 13, 2017

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

yeah like a powerpoint presentation every 90 days about why you shouldn't do that

Civilian employee failed to compete "don't murder supervisors" training before attempting murder of supervisor; increase training to every other month.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

No bigger.

The DoD is by and large the most massive unchecked entity in our government. Abuse of power, negligence, and bullshit needs to be made public. The laundry needs to be aired because poo poo won't change without public backing.

Also finances too because it is literally laughable how our solution to every problem is "throw money at it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Reminder that the army has trillions of dollars of money unaccounted for on the books.