Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

Re-checking, the first event to have Servant Boosts might be GUDAGUDA Honnouji, around November/December.

Emiya, Cu Chulain, Medusa, Ushiwakamaru, Musashibou Benkei and Mephistopheles will give additional drops (Emiya more than the others).

Do these bonuses stack? So for example if I'll have party of Emiya, Medusa and Cu, I'll get shitload of extra drops?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Lt. Lizard posted:

Do these bonuses stack? So for example if I'll have party of Emiya, Medusa and Cu, I'll get shitload of extra drops?

Yes, every drop boost stacks.

Summer 2017: With a team of CEs, with event boost Servants, you can rake in 300 items per 40ap battle.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Huh, thats actually far more generous than expected. Neat.

The prices in those events are designed in such way that you need to stack every possible boost, just to be able to afford anything interesting, arent they.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Lt. Lizard posted:

Huh, thats actually far more generous than expected. Neat.

The prices in those events are designed in such way that you need to stack every possible boost, just to be able to afford anything interesting, arent they.

Usually things like CEs and event servant materials run for 300-500 items, and you'll usually need 600-800 to empty out the shop of a particular ascension mat. XP cards and fous usually take 300-400 for the full set (20 focus or 100 XP)

40ap runs usually give around 8-12 drop instances of 2-3 items each, and if you rolled the gacha you will generally get at least 100 per run.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
That seems actually extremely reasonable to the point where it makes me suspicious.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

NRVNQSR posted:

I don't think we'll know until the event starts. It seems the original version of the event was very poorly balanced and they made a lot of changes to the drop rates when they repeated it. So strategy will depend entirely on whether we get the original drops, the rerun drops, or something else again.

Well, given that Nerofest was the original event (except for shopkeep Nero), we're probably getting the same deal here.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
If the game is popular enough, we might a special 4th of July American event next year, with Limited America-only Servants (except the event is released later in japan anyway for monies).

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

there is no way on heaven or earth that they make servants specificalyl for the na servers. they havent made any servants specifically for the chinese server, and that game actually has like, a staff, and a development team, and communication.

the most they'll probably do is make a 4th of july gacha that releases tesla/edison/billy/geronimo/bunyan earlier than they're supposed to be released, and even that is extremely unlikely

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

What about the dango-boosting CEs? At first blush it seemed like they were too costly to allow you to break even, unless you happened to get the 5* one from the gacha.

Note that the bonuses from the CEs are per-drop, not per quest. So if a quest drops five stacks of 2 dangos each then that shop CE is giving you 15 extra, not 3.

Argas posted:

Well, given that Nerofest was the original event (except for shopkeep Nero), we're probably getting the same deal here.

Hard to say; the Nero rerun was a complete restructuring with new and vastly harder quests, whereas the Moon Goddess rerun literally just tweaked some drop numbers.

MonsieurChoc posted:

If the game is popular enough, we might a special 4th of July American event next year, with Limited America-only Servants (except the event is released later in japan anyway for monies).

The chapter set in America should come out around then anyway, so there'll probably just be some light rebranding of that.

Then the year after we get Paul Bunyan. It works so well they might even have planned it that way.

edit: Actually, never mind; looks like America is a few months before that, so probably they'll just repeat that gatcha on July 4th. Or they'll do nothing, since that'll be smack in the middle of the anniversary event anyway.

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Aug 12, 2017

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Apparently the Summer Race geography and enemy servants are based on the topography and naming scheme of places on Venus. Some people are spooked that the Summer gacha is actually huge bait for a third banner for Ereshkigal.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

They released a big limited gatcha right after the summer event last year too so it's likely.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009
So how does this sound: Make a beeline for the Dango boosting CEs with whatever dango I earn until I have enough to outfit a team (Including support if that helps). Any extras will be used to limitbreak until one of them is maxed out. Then just keep unlocking more missions until we determine the optical mission to farm for dango. Worst case, I can try again next year, since we get to keep the CEs.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Yeah that's pretty much how it's done.

Although LB only adds 1 to the drop amount (so +1 becomes +2, +2 to +3, etc) in exchange of losing 4 drop boosters so it's generally a net loss until you get at least 8 copies, although sacrificing a bit of drop boost for space to put combat CEs is not a bad idea.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
Wouldn't you only buy one of the CEs though? 500 - 2000 - 5000 for the 3 shop copies. So unless you get lucky early on you'll probably have the +1 from Mooncell Automation and +3 from the first Moonlight Fest.

And no chance at the SSR one unless you planned on burning quartz for Orion

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I just want to roll for Kintoki already

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

cyxx posted:

Wouldn't you only buy one of the CEs though? 500 - 2000 - 5000 for the 3 shop copies. So unless you get lucky early on you'll probably have the +1 from Mooncell Automation and +3 from the first Moonlight Fest.

And no chance at the SSR one unless you planned on burning quartz for Orion

I'm probably burning quartz for Orion, to be perfectly honest, since Gilgamesh evaded me completely.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

hey when is this 3* stupid looking claws rate up banner gonna end

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

rabidsquid posted:

hey when is this 3* stupid looking claws rate up banner gonna end
The 17th, when moon goddess starts. All info about rateups should be in the News posts about them, among other places in the game.

Further regarding Moon Goddess (because what else are we going to talk about), as I understand it the event CE did not originally drop in the FP gacha but rather was added to the pool afterwards. While there is a chance it will show up in this run we might have to prepare for it not. It really looks to me like the only way to make a real dent in dangos is to roll the quartz gacha and hope for CEs there, which is obviously kind of the point from DW's perspective. I wish I cared about Orion, I guess. Unless it's super easy to get 500 dangos on day 1 for example the economics for buying the CE don't make much sense to me, as 500 is so close to the 800 you need to buy out all of a set of monuments.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
>500 in a day before you get the event CE sounds perfectly doable. The free Mooncell Automata and a support with the event CE is +4 dangos, with the original drop rates the 5AP should be dropping about 15 dangos a run, so almost 800 from a day's AP.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Anyone doing the JP race event? Am I correct in assuming that the higher AP quests are optimal now?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

genericnick posted:

Anyone doing the JP race event? Am I correct in assuming that the higher AP quests are optimal now?

The only event where you didn't want to do the hardest fights you could handle, was the original Moon Viewing. Summer 2017 is easy as hell to grind, if you throw away any desire for your favorite team to win.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

NRVNQSR posted:

>500 in a day before you get the event CE sounds perfectly doable. The free Mooncell Automata and a support with the event CE is +4 dangos, with the original drop rates the 5AP should be dropping about 15 dangos a run, so almost 800 from a day's AP.
Fair enough. But what about the rest? Like if you have 5,000 dangos, rather than buying the last CE you could just buy out all pieces and monuments.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
People probably aren't going to buy more than one copy of the CE. I think for most people the game plan is to spam the 5AP quest until they're comfortably sure they can get whatever they need from the shop, then spam the 30AP quest to try for Heart drops.

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Aug 12, 2017

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Would be real nice if the game gave me anything other than a seventh projection.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
I'd be happy if I actually had anything that's a five star that wasn't Heaven's Feel or the Iris CE that gives 8% NP every turn.

I did actually get siegfried with a summon ticket so i'm kinda happy about that.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I'd be happy if I actually had anything that's a five star that wasn't Heaven's Feel or the Iris CE that gives 8% NP every turn.

I did actually get siegfried with a summon ticket so i'm kinda happy about that.

The Gudako was in the thread all along.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

I have a 37/80 Limited/Zero Over that I stumbled into before I thought to check to see if there was a thread. Its... good right?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

RuanGacho posted:

I have a 37/80 Limited/Zero Over that I stumbled into before I thought to check to see if there was a thread. Its... good right?

It's the biggest buff to Buster Cards in a CE in the game even in JP (Later Buster Buffs are smaller, but come with other effects) so it's good with any Buster based Servant.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Dr Pepper posted:

It's the biggest buff to Buster Cards in a CE in the game even in JP (Later Buster Buffs are smaller, but come with other effects) so it's good with any Buster based Servant.

Haha, when I got the 4th one, I was like "Aw man why do I keep getting this thing?, I want a swordy man!" (NA)

Ignorant Mobage is bad civilization.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
This is a basic, dumb question, but when / where can you apply those Fou cards to upgrade a character's numbers? I haven't been able to find when / where you can do that, and the internet is no help that I can find.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Alien Rope Burn posted:

This is a basic, dumb question, but when / where can you apply those Fou cards to upgrade a character's numbers? I haven't been able to find when / where you can do that, and the internet is no help that I can find.

Feed them to a servant like you would exp.

Be aware that fous with a class can only be fed to servants of that class.

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Aug 12, 2017

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Tarezax posted:

Feed them to a servant like you would exp.

When I pull up the Servant > Enhance menu, I don't see them for some reason, but I can see them in my inventory. I presume this is the wrong menu. This is the case with any class I pull up.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Alien Rope Burn posted:

When I pull up the Servant > Enhance menu, I don't see them for some reason, but I can see them in my inventory. I presume this is the wrong menu. This is the case with any class I pull up.

Check your filters.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

RuanGacho posted:

Haha, when I got the 4th one, I was like "Aw man why do I keep getting this thing?, I want a swordy man!" (NA)

Ignorant Mobage is bad civilization.

Speaking of... is Imaginary Around straight-up better than Be Elegant the same way that Formalcraft is straight-up better than Divine Banquet?

I would imagine so, but Crit Stars drop rates seem a little funky.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Vengarr posted:

Speaking of... is Imaginary Around straight-up better than Be Elegant the same way that Formalcraft is straight-up better than Divine Banquet?

I would imagine so, but Crit Stars drop rates seem a little funky.

They're actually fairly different in effect.

Be Elegant increases Crit Star drop rates, which applies to every hit the Servant does, technically. It's just that quick cards have the biggest chance of it. So sticking it on, say, Gilgamesh, would still be good because every single one of his attacks has 5 hits. (Which is actually amusingly ironic).

On the other hand, Imaginary Around increases Quick Card Performance. This means that Quick Cards will do more damage, more NP generation, and have a higher Crit Star chance.

Dr Pepper fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Aug 12, 2017

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Similarly Formal Craft definitely isn't strictly better than Divine Banquet; DB will also increase the NP guage gain from quick cards, extra cards, buster cards with a first card arts boost and most importantly from taking hits.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
I think Divine Banquet loses out to any damage buffing or NP gauge starting CE in practice. The damage loss is huge for running Divine Banquet over Formal Craft and the number of rounds it would take for Divine Banquet to generate 60% extra NP gauge that Imaginary Element starts with is too high.

Even on a servant like Hercules, Divine Banquet will let his Buster cards with an Arts starter go from generating 1% NP to 1.25% NP. That is awful. Better to make it so that his 1 Arts card hits just as hard as his Buster cards.

EDIT: Better yet, stop wasting so much space on your team and slap on some Buster Black Keys if you don't have anything better.

Trihugger fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Aug 12, 2017

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

How strong is the NP gauge gain Boost to quick cards from Gandr/Imaginary Around? I'm guessing hardly worth it.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

How strong is the NP gauge gain Boost to quick cards from Gandr/Imaginary Around? I'm guessing hardly worth it.

Same as the percent on the CE. 15/25%. It's incredibly noticeable on Servants with broken Quick cards like Jack and Okita. With crits, they can charge their NP from 0 to 100+ with just AQQ or QQQ, even without that boost. Or you hit the first summer event, and give an Arts booster to Rider Mordred and just spam her NP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
What I really want are the Strengthen Quests.