Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

bobbilljim posted:

get that cat5 utp in your laundry OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

bobbilljim posted:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

bobbilljim posted:

and wall mount your dryer. you will not regret

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
what's the wireless keyboard/mouse with the best range? like if you wanted to be sitting at one end of a conference room and typing on a computer on the other end of the conference room and not have it lag out like a scrub playing counterstrike on 33.6K

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

what's the wireless keyboard/mouse with the best range? like if you wanted to be sitting at one end of a conference room and typing on a computer on the other end of the conference room and not have it lag out like a scrub playing counterstrike on 33.6K
there's probably a ton of 2.4GHz wireless mouse/keyboard combos that will work for you but how saturated is that band in your conference room

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

anthonypants posted:

there's probably a ton of 2.4GHz wireless mouse/keyboard combos that will work for you but how saturated is that band in your conference room

do not put more 2.4 in the air, what the gently caress

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Captain Foo posted:

do not put more 2.4 in the air, what the gently caress

:agreed: but for a long distance keyboard/mouse situation you dont really have any other options

does anyone make 900 mhz wireless keyboards anymore? :q:

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

mishaq posted:

:agreed: but for a long distance keyboard/mouse situation you dont really have any other options

does anyone make 900 mhz wireless keyboards anymore? :q:
yeah "wireless keyboard/mouse with the best range" is going to be 2.4GHz and not bluetooth, sorry cap

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

anthonypants posted:

2.4GHz and not bluetooth

i have bad news for you

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Raluek posted:

i have bad news for you
what is it

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

if your alternative is bluetooth, the 2.4ghz was inside of you all along :ghost:

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Raluek posted:

if your alternative is bluetooth, the 2.4ghz was inside of you all along :ghost:
what else is there, ir?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
yeah i guess thats about all you can do if you have identity politics about polluting the ism bands. but gently caress that

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
[quote="“Farmer Crack-rear end”" post="“475169212”"]
what’s the wireless keyboard/mouse with the best range? like if you wanted to be sitting at one end of a conference room and typing on a computer on the other end of the conference room and not have it lag out like a scrub playing counterstrike on 33.6K
[/quote]

Logitech keyboard/mouse combo that uses their own receiver instead of Bluetooth. Plus you’ll only need to change the batteries maybe every 12 months.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Depends on what's near the receiver. I have a usb3 hub next to mine and it causes my trackball mouse to intermittently lose tracking if I move more than 4-6 feet away.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Raluek posted:

yeah i guess thats about all you can do if you have identity politics about polluting the ism bands. but gently caress that

your an idiot

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Captain Foo posted:

your an idiot

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc
My computer does not boot sometimes. If I wiggle my RAM cartridges in, wiggle my videocard in, wiggle the 24 pin PSU connector around it will boot eventually. Sometimes I can kick the case and it boots up. This is not a joke. Help me.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

rear end posted:

My computer does not boot sometimes. If I wiggle my RAM cartridges in, wiggle my videocard in, wiggle the 24 pin PSU connector around it will boot eventually. Sometimes I can kick the case and it boots up. This is not a joke. Help me.

your computer is a piece of poo poo, get a new one

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Captain Foo posted:

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

Captain Foo posted:

I don't have money right now. And besides, it works perfectly fine when it's not being a piece of poo poo, and it runs all the games I need at 60+ fps.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

rear end posted:

I don't have money

rear end posted:

games I need

lol

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

rear end posted:

it works perfectly fine
problem solved

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

I have a big backlog.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

rear end posted:

I don't have money right now.

i think this is a rule 34 moment

Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand
Grimey Drawer

rear end posted:

lmao did you leave your computer outside in a storm or something?

rear end posted:

I don't have money right now. And besides, it works perfectly fine when it's not being a piece of poo poo, and it runs all the games I need at 60+ fps.

computers are not toys. you broke it by downloading too many drat files off the internet didnt you?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

a while back i fixed my spontaneous rebooting issue by fully seating my modular psu connections. my weak wrists didnt get the atx cable to fully click in the first time.

maybe some contact cleaner if you aren't poor enough for $8 or whatever it costs.

Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand
Grimey Drawer
or maybe you forgot to remove a couple motherboard standoffs in your case and it will intermittently short out when the mobo makes contact

if yuo kick it while its running, does it suddenly lose power?

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

Helianthus Annuus posted:

lmao did you leave your computer outside in a storm or something?

computers are not toys. you broke it by downloading too many drat files off the internet didnt you?

No.

Helianthus Annuus posted:

or maybe you forgot to remove a couple motherboard standoffs in your case and it will intermittently short out when the mobo makes contact

if yuo kick it while its running, does it suddenly lose power?

I'm pretty sure the motherboard is well seated. I might reseat it at some point, though. I built the computer 4 years ago.

It restarts when I kick it, sometimes.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

i think this is a rule 34 moment

look if you want him to gently caress his computer and cum in it that's your advice

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
i'm running l2tp vpn with radius on my unifi security gateway at home

vpn works just fine, but for some reason i can't touch the unifi controller from on the vpn, but i can touch everything else just fine- desktop, dns server, all that stuff

this kinda sucks because i'm running librenms on the same server and would like to have access to it if possible, instead of moving unifi controller to its own box (or vm on the same box)

thoughts?

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

RISCy Business posted:

i'm running l2tp vpn with radius on my unifi security gateway at home

vpn works just fine, but for some reason i can't touch the unifi controller from on the vpn, but i can touch everything else just fine- desktop, dns server, all that stuff

this kinda sucks because i'm running librenms on the same server and would like to have access to it if possible, instead of moving unifi controller to its own box (or vm on the same box)

thoughts?

lol @ all of this

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
i know my home network is a piece of poo poo but it's my piece of poo poo

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

unless you have a 10,000+ square foot house you don't need a loving wifi controller in your god drat house

if you cant cover everything with one AP add a second and just backhaul it to your home router with moca/powerline networking/ethernet if youre lucky

why the gently caress are you running a radius server in your house?

why do you ever vpn into your house?

your computer problem is a piece of poo poo

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

RISCy Business posted:

i know my home network is a piece of poo poo but it's my piece of poo poo

10. master-race or 172./192. (IPing like poo poo)?

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Schadenboner posted:

10. master-race or 172./192. (IPing like poo poo)?

100.64.0.0/10 bitch

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
my home lan is 44.219.69.0/24

basically you're all owned

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

unless you have a 10,000+ square foot house you don't need a loving wifi controller in your god drat house

if you cant cover everything with one AP add a second and just backhaul it to your home router with moca/powerline networking/ethernet if youre lucky

why the gently caress are you running a radius server in your house?

why do you ever vpn into your house?

your computer problem is a piece of poo poo

unifi controller is a thing that manages unifi devices, it's actually useful. i can upgrade all my unifi stuff from one place

also home is where my monitoring server for the stuff i have in ashburn lives, because it's offsite

and radius is sw8 because it runs natively on beta usg firmware and i can use it for my wifi

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe
also i use 10.0.0.0/8 as god intended

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Sniep posted:

my home lan is 44.219.69.0/24

basically you're all owned

:worship: