Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Judging from what I've seen it was probably this guy's son, which makes perfect sense to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

There Bias Two posted:

Is this...starting to matter? Are they all turning away from this except Trump?

Republican voters knew this difference between Trump and the field during the primaries and still willingly chose Trump. If these incidents continue, it could be a problem for Trump by reminding everyone else, but Republicans decided they could live with this a long time ago.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

It's a real person in Michigan, apparently. Now, whether that's the person who was actually driving remains to be seen, and we're probably better off just waiting for the release of the name of the guy in custody, since witchhunting isn't gonna get us anywhere.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Kale posted:

Considering I'm convinced that a good part of his base are those just want to see the world burn sort of fuckers that support him out of pure cynicism and sociopathy for the chaos he causes on a daily basis they probably figure he's doing his job just fine.

I think you're giving said part of his base waaay too much credit. These are not people who have considered, even remotely, the consequences of their actions. Especially how it would affect others. Their sports team won, and now we're burning sofas in the parking lot.

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life
CNN is doing Cornell Brooks dirty in this debate with a racist potato.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

100% agreement, as long as by "vile bigotry" he means "Republicanism"

TrekBek posted:

I'm not convinced they're not deliberately loving with his Skype feed :tinfoil:

e: Ana Navarro going off, lollllll

WeAreTheRomans fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Aug 12, 2017

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Koalas March posted:

Yes. I've been trying to tell people how many loving racists there actually are in this country, how many are itching for violence and just looking for an excuse.

I loving hate that I can write a goddamn novel about jim crow, misogynoir,micro-aggressions, institutional racism, etc on this forum, but I'm the crazy angry black bitch that wants to ban everybody & kill white people.

Then it takes a car plowing through innocent people for folks to come out and say "Wow! The Alt Right actually ARE Neo Nazis! Omg Trump really supports white supremacists after all??"

goddamn. sorry I needed to vent.

As someone who has seen you tangle with them many, many times, you deserve to vent.

Remember the USPol thread? Remember how that ended?

Realising NOW that the alt right are donkey brained neo-nazis now means you need to own up to when you didn’t believe it.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

empty whippet box posted:

Judging from what I've seen it was probably this guy's son, which makes perfect sense to me.

Yea, that blurry snapchat of the arrest definitely makes it look like a younger guy. Maybe a relative, maybe sold recently and the title hadn't changed yet. But we'll likely have more information tomorrow.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

TrekBek posted:

"both sides"

e- Ana Navarro bringing the hammer down.

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Aug 12, 2017

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Actually I consider both parties garbage and so does Trump. :smugdon:

It's not a race to the bottom, friends. The fact that in eight years the only bipartisan decision the Senate could make was to thumb their noses at Russia over unproven and nonsensical claims of treason is proof that this swamp needs to be drained and fast.

"Was it defeat, to choose the lesser of two evils?"
- Paul Muad'Dib, 'Dune'

- Joe Biden, 1994

:thunk:

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

teen witch posted:

As someone who has seen you tangle with them many, many times, you deserve to vent.

Remember the USPol thread? Remember how that ended?

Realising NOW that the alt right are donkey brained neo-nazis now means you need to own up to when you didn’t believe it.

I've been calling republicans nazis for well over a decade, personally.

Kale
May 14, 2010

KickerOfMice posted:

I think you're giving said part of his base waaay too much credit. These are not people who have considered, even remotely, the consequences of their actions. Especially how it would affect others. Their sports team won, and now we're burning sofas in the parking lot.

No I get that that's basically it. The fact that this is a thing though as others have said...but no problem for the U.S government apparently. I still think a lot of them do understand the consequences of their actions and that's the entire point though. If it's not about sheer spite for them than what is it?

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

bullshit. computer-generated name? crisis actor?

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Well this should settle the Farcry 5 controversy.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Actually this mealy-mouthed BS still manages to be better than Trump's statement. At least it doesn't blame "both sides."

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Calibanibal posted:

it's likely this guy's son or some other male relative who was the driver, unless the car was stolen, lent out to someone else, or sold very recently to whoever

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Calibanibal posted:

weak, 2/10, see me after class

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe
Turd on CNN quite literally said "both sides" like 6 times in one run on sentence. :psyduck:

"The people's hatred of the president is disgusting."

e- I now remember why I stopped watching this fly-seething pile of words punctuated with advertisements.
Entertainment "news" where both "sides" get a say can [vilest thing you can think of.]

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Aug 12, 2017

Kale
May 14, 2010

HappyHippo posted:

Actually this mealy-mouthed BS still manages to be better than Trump's statement. At least it doesn't blame "both sides."

I also don't expect him to be in sort sort of stupid as all gently caress beef with somebody in his own party or a private citizen on some news station this week so there's that slim edge working in Ryan's favor over Trump too.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Mustached Demon posted:

Paul Ryan basically said the same thing. So no.

What do you except from a man that skips leg day.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

bad idea

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

there is no point in being an internet detective, please don't be like reddit after the boston bombing, please cut that gross poo poo out

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Can we lay off the internet detective poo poo of people's families?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

HappyHippo posted:

Na Paul Ryan's tweet can go both ways depending on what he considers vile.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Yeah man that's a little creepy to look up.

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Aug 12, 2017

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Kill all Nazis.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

AceOfFlames posted:

(Seriously, wtf am I supposed to wear that doesn't have nazi connotations? Getting too old for graphic tees and I tuck in most of my shirts because the clothing industry hates men shorter than 1.75 m. I do think that those white polos would look better with jeans, though)

* straw boater
* brown Wayfarer sunglasses
* white short-sleeved button up shirt
* khaki pants

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

KickerOfMice posted:

Yeah man that's a little creepy to look up.

truth, sorry, definitely bad idea.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003

Mustached Demon posted:

Na Paul Ryan's tweet can go both ways depending on what he considers vile.

I understand that (even thought it's clear which way you're "supposed" to read it), which is why I called it mealy-mouthed, but Trump can't even clear this low bar.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Koalas March posted:

Yes. I've been trying to tell people how many loving racists there actually are in this country, how many are itching for violence and just looking for an excuse.

I loving hate that I can write a goddamn novel about jim crow, misogynoir,micro-aggressions, institutional racism, etc on this forum, but I'm the crazy angry black bitch that wants to ban everybody & kill white people.

Then it takes a car plowing through innocent people for folks to come out and say "Wow! The Alt Right actually ARE Neo Nazis! Omg Trump really supports white supremacists after all??"

Not an emptyquote.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

pseudorandom name posted:

Nope, this is where I draw the line :-P Polos are one thing but short sleeve button downs just look tacky to me.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
It's Trump's signature move, the double down

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/896468842645516288

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Koalas March posted:

Sorry I don't live in USA, so I don't really know what's going on apart from reading the news and threads like this.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Their ~marching orders~ said to dress in Polos and khakis so they could ~blend~ better.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

pseudorandom name posted:

* brown Wayfarer sunglasses
* khaki pants

:thunk:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Sigh

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Odds are some D&Der's grandpappy or mammers is in this photo. Fess up!

(I'm mexican, not part of that poo poo)

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

Calibanibal posted:

what the gently caress is going on? "Jerome Vangheluowe" is clearly not a real name. the gently caress is going on??

Teddybear posted:

It's a real person in Michigan, apparently.

...goddamit, it's someone from DeVos country, isn't it?

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

clearly the defining characteristic of the progressive is the Wayfarers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

KickerOfMice posted:

Turd on CNN quite literally said "both sides" like 6 times in one run on sentence. :psyduck:

"The people's hatred of the president is disgusting."

e- I now remember why I stopped watching this fly-seething pile of words punctuated with advertisements.
Entertainment "news" where both "sides" get a say can [vilest thing you can think of.]

What was that scene in Bulworth where Lewis Black just rails on TV as the end of reality because it makes experts and fuckhead pundits look like equals?

What if that movie was made now?

• Locked thread