Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
so the debates at the Assemblée seem to be going pretty well (they don't, it's a clusterfuck, the new En Marche recruits don't know what they're doing half of the time)

https://twitter.com/adevillaines/status/890888265573834752

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

ElNarez posted:

so the debates at the Assemblée seem to be going pretty well (they don't, it's a clusterfuck, the new En Marche recruits don't know what they're doing half of the time)

https://twitter.com/adevillaines/status/890888265573834752

I want a video of this lmao

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

It's bizutage week at the parliament this week. They(LREM) ended up voting against one of their own amendment. Also Ferrand proposed an amendment to remove the "no one with past sentences can be MP" part. He probably doesn't have good feelings about his current affair. He also tried to torpedo the removal of the deputies' reserve. Also the party (but should we call it that?) is already showing ideological splits on various subject.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jul 28, 2017

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
https://twitter.com/trepentin/status/890459201260183552

In English: you don't receive housing benefits payments if they'd be under 15€. So thanks to the 5€ cut, anyone who receives less than 20€ won't get anything anymore.

Other people on Twitter are saying it would affect 50,000 people.

Edit: lol

https://twitter.com/sylviazappi/status/891252014319120384

Kassad fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Jul 29, 2017

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/TheEconomist/status/891538735971676161

MACRON SMASH!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

the economist has a stiffy

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Neoliberals are people who read Dickens and Zola and think "such wonderful books! we must go back to this era".

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Do people read Zola in high school/most people's education outside of France?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

icantfindaname posted:

No. France, stopped being relevant to education in other countries in 1815.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

icantfindaname posted:

Some French Canadian schools because Canlit is mostly garbage whatever language it's in.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah we're getting the Olympics in 2024 guys :france:

So proud to enable this monument of waste and corruption in the name of mandatory entertainment for retard gently caress morons.
Thanks Macron, thanks Hidalgo and every cock gobler who made this happen. Can't wait to not be in Paris when the Coke-Budweiser clown circus gets in town.

It's 2017 and we managed to be more retarded than the US.

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Aug 1, 2017

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Well it had been a century since the last time there were Summer Olympics in France. I predict that by the same token, France will win Eurovision 2078.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

unpacked robinhood posted:

So proud to enable this monument of waste and corruption in the name of mandatory entertainment for retard gently caress morons.
Thanks Macron, thanks Hidalgo and every cock gobler who made this happen. Can't wait to not be in Paris when the Coke-Budweiser clown circus gets in town.

the us gets it in 2028 so really we're both retarded, just with some advance

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

unpacked robinhood posted:

Coincidentally, when I was first in Paris it was during the London Olympics. It was funny seeing huge crowds watching games on the big screen at the Hôtel de Ville. I then made sure to start my English visit well away from London until after. I was told I shouldn't have worried, so many people fled the area expecting a glut that it was actually almost empty.

BobMorane
Oct 25, 2010
Well at least that should motivate some modernization and maintenance works on the RATP and SNCF networks, to avoid a repeat of last week-end's clusterfuck...

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
https://twitter.com/LePoint/status/892646223857037312

:ironicat:

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

https://twitter.com/PaulineBock/status/893042312049299456
He'll be less popular than trump soon if he isn't already. En Marche!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Yeah but the comparison would be meaningless. Hollande was at around 4% toward the end of his term. I don't think it's possible for a US President to go under 30%. I think Trump could devour a baby and then announce he sold back Alaska to Russia and also that he was actually the real mastermind behind 9/11, and he would still have around 35% approval from people who'd just be glad that he's not a Democrat.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
https://twitter.com/Marcheur_Blanc/status/895729578877960192

liberals.txt

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

"It's better to have a liberal dictatorship than an illiberal democracy"?! :psyduck:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

how the hell would you even have a liberal dictatorship. isn't that an oxymoron?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

oh, i forgot, the only freedom liberals care about is the freedom to consume and purchase

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Condiv posted:

how the hell would you even have a liberal dictatorship. isn't that an oxymoron?

They're probably thinking Pinochet.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

More likely they're thinking of enlightened despots - probably Napoleon.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

They're probably thinking Pinochet.

It's quoting Friedrich Hayek, who was talking about Pinochet.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Kassad posted:

Wow, I'm good at this!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Kassad posted:

why are "centrists" quoting an idiot libertarian?

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Condiv posted:

Because they're actually extremists who don't give a poo poo about democracy? IDK

x420ReDdIT_Br0nYx
Jan 21, 2013

Condiv posted:

Because there is no such thing as a centrist intellectual? At least libertarians have a bibliography providing a great array of hosed up quotes if you ever need a bon mot to support dictatorship and laissez-faire capitalism.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
Hayek wasn't a libertarian anyway. He was firmly into the liberal tradition.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Agnosticnixie posted:

Hayek wasn't a libertarian anyway. He was firmly into the liberal tradition.

libertarians seem to have not realized this

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Condiv posted:

libertarians seem to have not realized this

I mean, at least Rothbard was broadly honest that he was basically borrowing from anarchist left lingo to make his reactionary ideas seeom counter culture and revolutionary. There's really not that much of a jump from Bastiat to Hayek to neoliberalism, and even Keynes is mostly temporary bandaids. Like, the Chicago school wasn't exactly in full ancap territory and had a very direct filiation to the Austrians (and some of the austrians are less palatable to propertarians than Hayek and Mises).

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird

R. Mute posted:

Or more likely the Directory, which was pretty much liberal_technocrats.txt, and did lead up to Napoleon. So not very far off.
OTOH, I could see myself being more supportive if they brought back the Republican calendar, that was baller as hell.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Rockopolis posted:

Or more likely the Directory, which was pretty much liberal_technocrats.txt, and did lead up to Napoleon. So not very far off.
OTOH, I could see myself being more supportive if they brought back the Republican calendar, that was baller as hell.

:thermidor:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Rockopolis posted:

that's the one with 10 months right? i made a program to convert normal calendar days into republican calendar days once

edit: oh wait it had 10 day weeks

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird

Condiv posted:

that's the one with 10 months right? i made a program to convert normal calendar days into republican calendar days once
12 months, each with 3 weeks of 10 days, plus 5 or 6 complementary days at the end of the year, a holiday called Sansculottides. Yeah, a half week holiday of no pants :iia:

Now I really want to see if I can make that my computer or Google calendar. Or start doing graffiti of it.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

R. Mute posted:

Macron would be a lovely Napoleon.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Absurd Alhazred posted:

"It's better to have a liberal dictatorship than an illiberal democracy"?! :psyduck:
Whoops, yeah should have posted this along time ago. Seriously france thoughts it possible that Macron may be at Hollande levels of unpopularity by Christmas?

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Condiv posted:

Liberal is generally used to mean "market liberal" in French, not Human rights liberal. Also "droit de l'hommiste" ("human-rightist" aka people who defend human rights) is an insult used by the far right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

This person has four followers