Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
https://twitter.com/RichieMcGinniss/status/896478523136847872

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Hot take: If neonazis are open carrying at their rallies, then anti-fa needs to start carrying at theirs and be ready to make good on it or this poo poo's going to keep happening over and over and over and no one's going to do anything about it.

loving hell America. If you're going to die like this at least do it on your feet, gritting your teeth into the wind, safe in the knowledge that you died trying to kill nazism.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Kazinsal posted:

Hot take: If neonazis are open carrying at their rallies, then anti-fa needs to start carrying at theirs and be ready to make good on it or this poo poo's going to keep happening over and over and over and no one's going to do anything about it.

loving hell America. If you're going to die like this at least do it on your feet, gritting your teeth into the wind, safe in the knowledge that you died trying to kill nazism.

-written in 1943

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

dubzee posted:

Despondent doesn't even come close

gently caress

I'm going to provide a bit of a counter-narrative.

A lot of Cheddar Cheesebrain's actions have provoked equal, if not greater, counter-reactions. When he talked about "American Carnage", the Women's March came in the day after with incredible turnout. When the muslim/immigration ban happened, people (and lawyers) flooded the airports. When they came for healthcare, floods of people came to town halls to yell at their Congresspeople over MONTHS to lead to a stop to it. When he stated the transgender ban using twitter, the defense department and even Congressional Republicans (amazingly) told him to go gently caress himself. They're even getting cities across the country to tell DOJ to go gently caress themselves too about a sanctuary city/immigration crackdown. gently caress, there isn't even a wall yet.

Yesterday, a bunch of Tiki Torch Nazis went to the University of Virginia, when the school wasn't even in session, and a bunch of students showed up to go tell to Nazis to gently caress themselves. https://twitter.com/SophiaArmen/status/896219890108948482

Today, a whole bunch of Nazis, white nationalists, and militiamen showed up in Charlottesville with a fuckton of guns, fake armor, bullshit camouflage and a bunch of hateflags. Even more protestors showed up and told these heavily-armed men to politely go gently caress themselves too.

All that's happened is that the same racist motherfuckers are getting more noisy and dropping their masks and hoods. The problem now is that there are cell phones everywhere, the assholes can be identified and fired from their jobs for being Nazis, and counter-protestors are STILL showing up with even more people (granted, antifa takes it a bit too far, but whatever).

So look beyond the Cheesebrain and some very positive things are happening.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Kazinsal posted:

to be fair there were actually some dudes carrying on the antifa side. its about time they figured out where this is going.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
And now they suspect a drone collided with the police chopper and that is what caused it to crash.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Flikken posted:

And now they suspect a drone collided with the police chopper and that is what caused it to crash.

Intentional?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

facialimpediment posted:

A lot of Cheddar Cheesebrain's actions have provoked equal, if not greater, counter-reactions. When he talked about "American Carnage", the Women's March came in the day after with incredible turnout. When the muslim/immigration ban happened, people (and lawyers) flooded the airports. When they came for healthcare, floods of people came to town halls to yell at their Congresspeople over MONTHS to lead to a stop to it. When he stated the transgender ban using twitter, the defense department and even Congressional Republicans (amazingly) told him to go gently caress himself. They're even getting cities across the country to tell DOJ to go gently caress themselves too about a sanctuary city/immigration crackdown. gently caress, there isn't even a wall yet.

Yesterday, a bunch of Tiki Torch Nazis went to the University of Virginia, when the school wasn't even in session, and a bunch of students showed up to go tell to Nazis to gently caress themselves. https://twitter.com/SophiaArmen/status/896219890108948482

Today, a whole bunch of Nazis, white nationalists, and militiamen showed up in Charlottesville with a fuckton of guns, fake armor, bullshit camouflage and a bunch of hateflags. Even more protestors showed up and told these heavily-armed men to politely go gently caress themselves too.

All that's happened is that the same racist motherfuckers are getting more noisy and dropping their masks and hoods. The problem now is that there are cell phones everywhere, the assholes can be identified and fired from their jobs for being Nazis, and counter-protestors are STILL showing up with even more people (granted, antifa takes it a bit too far, but whatever).

:unsmith:

timma85
Feb 13, 2006
I know this might be a little edgy but... our president really isn't a good person. Like not just someone I disagree with politically, he doesn't seem to have any redeeming qualities as a human being.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

timma85 posted:

I know this might be a little edgy but... our president really isn't a good person. Like not just someone I disagree with politically, he doesn't seem to have any redeeming qualities as a human being.

this trump guy is a real jerk

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

cowboy elvis posted:

Intentional?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3276654&pagenumber=1255&perpage=40#post475309666

:shrug:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Saw this at the Half-Priced bookstore. Considered using it for TP.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

facialimpediment posted:

I was talking to a friend of mine about those kids -- specifically the ones who were surrounded by the torch wielding Nazis. And we agree that those kids are ridiculously brave and are (hopefully) the future leaders of this country.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

Kazinsal posted:

Agreed. I'm seeing too much (read: a non-zero number) of posts from liberal gun groups saying b-b-b-but that makes you just as bad you can't do that nazis deserve safety too :ohdear: Of course people are clowning upon these dinks so at least there's that I guess. I've been meaning to get going on getting my carry permit, this is the bump I needed.

Of course big time lmaos at the Charlottesville mayor saying racism and hate in the state is Trump's fault. That poo poo has always been in this state, who are you kidding guy

timma85
Feb 13, 2006

Hot Karl Marx posted:

this trump guy is a real jerk

Well if we are going to be crude about it then yes, he is a jerk.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If this gets the GOP to turn on trump (lmao) then I'm not sure how I will look at this weekends events in hindsight.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Flikken posted:

This would be a first, wouldn't it? People have been acting like such retards with their drones I'm surprised it hasn't happened before.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

No confirmation on this but :stare:
https://twitter.com/TheAnonJournal/status/896524183542353921/photo/1

gently caress these garbage people.

gently caress Nazis.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

timma85 posted:

that's what stuns me

anyone who does even a cursory glance at trump's history sees how goddamn loathsome he is, and yet he won the presidency

pretty damning indictment of democracy imo but michael ironside said it better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_urWSSZgwU&

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

facialimpediment posted:

My first thought was that it's a shame this doesn't show who those students are so that they can be recognized for their bravery in the face of that much miserable hate, but then I realized it's probably for the best that their identities are protected as much as possible, given how terrible the online parts of these groups are.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

Agreed. I'm seeing too much (read: a non-zero number) of posts from liberal gun groups saying b-b-b-but that makes you just as bad you can't do that nazis deserve safety too :ohdear: Of course people are clowning upon these dinks so at least there's that I guess. I've been meaning to get going on getting my carry permit, this is the bump I needed.

Of course big time lmaos at the Charlottesville mayor saying racism and hate in the state is Trump's fault. That poo poo has always been in this state, who are you kidding guy

The only safety this filth deserves is the safety of a shallow grave

Handsome Ralph posted:

gently caress Nazis.

Are there any sources other than TheAnonJournal for what is purportedly official statements made by the police?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/barackobama/status/896523232098078720

https://twitter.com/barackobama/status/896523304873238528

https://twitter.com/barackobama/status/896523357272911872

I'm just saying, if you're not going to condemn Nazis, this is how it's done.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

He was far too good for you.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Handsome Ralph posted:

gently caress Nazis.

I'm skeptical that something the size of a DJI4 would be enough to take down a chopper. Those things are 3 pounds and a good bit of its plastic. Also there's a whole lot of random internet rumors swirling around, I'm going to wait until there's something official out there.

By the way, in case you thought this was over with there's another Alt-Right rally by the same folks scheduled for Boston:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Two Finger posted:

He was far too good for you.

maybe if he'd of been just slightly better we could have avoided this entire mess

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

please come to NYC you Nazi fucks

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

Internet Wizard posted:

The only safety this filth deserves is the safety of a shallow grave

Pretty much, yeah.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Terrifying Effigies posted:

I'm skeptical that something the size of a DJI4 would be enough to take down a chopper. Those things are 3 pounds and a good bit of its plastic. Also there's a whole lot of random internet rumors swirling around, I'm going to wait until there's something official out there.

By the way, in case you thought this was over with there's another Alt-Right rally by the same folks scheduled for Boston:

Yeah like I said, haven't seen any sources elsewhere, so grain of salt and all that. Either way, what a lovely loving day.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grq0rhtbtAw

Also today I parked my bike and looked at the grave of Nazis who murdered German soldiers who, in turn, chose to share info with the Americans about their Nazi brethren. The German men who executed the informers were executed by American forces. I don't favor the death penalty, but as long as it exists, I'll take the small wins.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Terrifying Effigies posted:

On one hand I hope I don't have bruises when I show up to work the next monday... On the other, rage.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
"Basedstickman"??

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I'm genuinely interested in how all this alt-right nazi bullshit sparked up again. It seems like it just came out of nowhere. Maybe I'm just getting old and the years are flying by too quickly for me to notice poo poo. But I blame 4chan for making the /pol/ forum because before that all I could ever think of as an example of nazi fucks online was stormfront. Now it seems like it's everywhere online.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mike-o posted:

I'm genuinely interested in how all this alt-right nazi bullshit sparked up again. It seems like it just came out of nowhere. Maybe I'm just getting old and the years are flying by too quickly for me to notice poo poo. But I blame 4chan for making the /pol/ forum because before that all I could ever think of as an example of nazi fucks online was stormfront. Now it seems like it's everywhere online.

And yes I do think it's really that simple

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

FastestGunAlive posted:

"Basedstickman"??

He's the guy from the Berkeley protests earlier this year who attacked a bunch of anti-nazi protesters with a stick. He also had a bunch of other weapons on him at the time. 4chan and reddit and the bigger idiots in TFR thought he was the best thing ever because he committed assault with a deadly weapon on protesters.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Mike-o posted:

You're forgetting reddit.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Uh I'm not sure if yall are aware but there's a whole bunch of lovely people in this country they just kinda hid it until their minds broke in 2008 and a black man became President

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

And yes I do think it's really that simple

No doubt trump getting elected has emboldened them, but it started before that. Maybe it's just that there's a lot of horrible people with horrible beliefs and now they're just coming out of the woodwork :smith:

Internet Wizard posted:

You're forgetting reddit.

Was there a lot of white supremacist poo poo on there before the elections? I don't doubt it because a lot of the fucks that started in /pol/ have migrated to reddit, I just don't know because I didn't start using reddit until a year or two ago.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Uh I'm not sure if yall are aware but there's a whole bunch of lovely people in this country they just kinda hid it until their minds broke in 2008 and a black man became President

And when they go full retard we should break their skulls open so those worthless minds can get some fresh air.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mike-o posted:

No doubt trump getting elected has emboldened them, but it started before that. Maybe it's just that there's a lot of horrible people with horrible beliefs and now they're just coming out of the woodwork :smith:

Was there a lot of white supremacist poo poo on there before the elections? I don't doubt it because a lot of the fucks that started in /pol/ have migrated to reddit, I just don't know because I didn't start using reddit until a year or two ago.

Trump gave them a leader on a national stage that people couldn't ignore anymore. Even if he isn't an outright white supremacist, he's what they needed to feel confident enough to start acting out more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Trump doesn't exist without Obama, and these nazi/alt right fucks don't either. Not in the brazen manner that they currently are active as, anyway. A lot of things are coming to a head with Trump.

• Locked thread