Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

juche avocado posted:

why do i have posting a new reply in this thread bookmarked under the name JIM

very very substantial guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Arms_Akimbo posted:

I hope my buddy drops off my weed before the war starts

i hope i die in my sleep tonite

WaveLength
Nov 22, 2006

Feel the beat
https://twitter.com/TulsiGabbard/status/896460761093951488

yeesh tulsi

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

omg kathy griffin

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
So...today was real hosed up yeah? I think I'm still a bit in shock

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
has america ever had a sadder enemy than 20-something NEET lanky dudes with cartoon frog flags? It's honestly embarrassing

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/896539916150112256

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

GobiasIndustries posted:

i broke 3 tvs and a settop box and get to miss the series finale of orphan black lol

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

i hope i die in my sleep tonite

that's not cute

Only registered members can see post attachments!

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Arms_Akimbo posted:

I hope my buddy drops off my weed before the war starts

do u mean the civil war or the nuclear war

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

that's not cute

the truth is ugly hon

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'm a paying ACLU member (and probably will remain so) but I intensely disagree with them on the Nazi thing

Fascist speech is dangerous, always always always always, and it must be suppressed. It can't be allowed to spread in society, fascist speech and ideology specifically exploits the weaknesses of a tolerant society (especially obvious when you see that the ACLU goes to bat for them) to get themselves a platform and recruit members. They don't care about the free exchange of ideas, they don't care about intellectual rigor, they will say and do anything to get the message out and once they have enough followers/power will instantly crush free speech.

The problem (and why I'm giving the ACLU something of a pass on this, personally) is that deciding what exactly is fascist speech is hard to do in legal writing. Obviously incitement (and hate speech generally) is covered, but fascist speech extends beyond that.

that is a failing of the law. the people should take defense against fascist ideology as a personal duty to their communities.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Martout posted:

fuk it's 3 am here and I'm drinking and you're fixin to get all rahowa acorss the pond then?

wtf is going on tell me

American Civil War 2 motherfucker
get with the times

please tell your government to support the not nazi group

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/schwanksta/status/896534610225618944

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

GobiasIndustries posted:

Couldn't even last 1 summer presidenting without having the nation torn apart...

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

the truth is ugly hon

but, you are cute
so, you don't need to live in ugliness

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/DineshDSouza/status/896536184360456192

:f5:

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

*claps dust off hands*
case closed

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
joy is pretty testy tonight

http://streamfare.com/msnbc.html

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

hey green bay

was it worth e-mails~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

but, you are cute
you don't need to live in ugliness

i am ugly? yeah but only on the inside

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Mind-blowing that the best he could do to include Sanders in this was "Trump is dangerous". VIOLENT RHETORIC!

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

fatter, more chins, consider stink lines

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

i am ugly? yeah but only on the inside

i corrected ma message, so stop, lol

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

VectorSigma posted:

don't they sometimes charge fleeing felons with any deaths occurring as a result of police mobilization to apprehend them?

If a helicopter crashed as part of, say, following a car chase, the people being chased could be charged with their deaths. This has happened before. It's a difficult charge to successfully prosecute, since it's pretty much an unforeseeable outcome. It's like you're involved in a felony drug deal, and a meteorite hits your friend in the head and kills him. It would be rough to convict murder on that, unlike the more straightforward circumstances laws like that are made for, where your buddy gets shot while robbing a gas station.

A random helicopter crash during a protest rally? You might as well charge people for being in a traffic jam because the news chopper crashed while doing the traffic report.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Stop associating Trump imagery with nazis. gently caress

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

deadgoon posted:

do u mean the civil war or the nuclear war

Either or

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

i corrected me message, so stop, lol

lol! im literally a monster looking fwd to getting killed by fascists haha haha

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

see this is why these filth will never ever stop until they lay cold in a pit and covered with lime, they refuse to ever accept culpability for their words or actions and will always claim that their fellow travelers who they cheer on are not exactly where they would be, given the opportunity.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
So i was at work today, they caught the nazi who ran over people? Is everyone but the 1 person who died okay or are some of the injuries life threatening?

Chunky Salsa
Aug 31, 2016

"Isn't that right, Zach?"

There are cockroaches covering your entire garden

~Hmmm I'll say they belong somewhere else instead of wondering why they feel safe here~

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

https://twitter.com/gadyepstein/status/896498104752537600

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

The mayor of Lexington, Kentucky, says after the events in Charlottesville, Virginia, he is taking the steps to remove two Confederate-era statues from the lawn of a former courthouse.

Mayor Jim Gray tweeted Saturday he will ask the Lexington-Fayette County Urban County Council at its Tuesday work session to ask a state military commission for permission to take down the statues of John Hunt Morgan and John C. Breckinridge.

Gray tweeted he intended to make the announcement next week, but the "tragic events in Charlottesville" had accelerated his announcement.

hell yeah

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

hey flint

was this worth keeping your water lovely

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Mr President posted:

tell that to the maga dudes w/nazi flags mr president

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

NofrikinfuN posted:

Mind-blowing that the best he could do to include Sanders in this was "Trump is dangerous". VIOLENT RHETORIC!

whos' in that list anyway

tim kaine?
madonna?
kathy lee
maddow
sanders
michael moore
deray?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mr President posted: