Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Third World Reggin posted:

blaming minorities has been economic anxiety for poor whites since the civil war
Can we agree that there is a-not-so subtle undercurrent of racial hatred in some parts of white America and that the economic reality in the country exacerbates it, turning those that might otherwise pursue normal lives toward extremist racial identitarianism? They've chosen the disastrously wrong answer, but that doesn't mean there aren't seriously destabilizing economic forces buffeting everyone who isn't in the 1%. We're still on the cusp of the radical transformation of our society by the forces of automation—without some fundamental transformations in the way our society functions, we're headed toward a desperate Mad Max future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Fury doesn't attempt to be anything more than a solid war movie. It ain't no arthouse Dunkirk.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
dude is getting charged with second degree murder

good thing he was white

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

whens wolfenstein coming out

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cowboy elvis posted:

Fury doesn't attempt to be anything more than a solid war movie. It ain't no arthouse Dunkirk.

That reminds me....this finally happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4Ce8hEWs6A

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

whens wolfenstein coming out
October, so not quite soon enough.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
http://www.c-ville.com/kids-alt-right-guide-new-crop-white-nationalists/

Goldmine article imo. These fuckin' losers. I forgot about this loser: "He was doxxed by leftists who revealed his marriage to a Jewish woman in January. Richard Spencer and former KKK leader David Duke stood by him as he suffered major backlash from his party and “Daily Shoah” co-host “Bulbasaur,” who allegedly tweeted that Peinovich belonged in a gas chamber before deleting his account. It appears from online reports that Peinovich and his wife have cut ties."

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Casimir Radon posted:

October, so not quite soon enough.

im gonna preorder it now thx

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Cugel the Clever posted:

Can we agree that there is a-not-so subtle undercurrent of racial hatred in some parts of white America and that the economic reality in the country exacerbates it, turning those that might otherwise pursue normal lives toward extremist racial identitarianism? They've chosen the disastrously wrong answer, but that doesn't mean there aren't seriously destabilizing economic forces buffeting everyone who isn't in the 1%. We're still on the cusp of the radical transformation of our society by the forces of automation—without some fundamental transformations in the way our society functions, we're headed toward a desperate Mad Max future.

yah that is pretty much what I said

I am in the tim wise camp of this kind of thought for the most part

except I believe chinese robots will be taking american robot jobs and that I should work towards a robots is people bill so that they can unionize

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

im gonna preorder it now thx
Something to tide you over till then.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I went to opening night of Fury dressed in my WW2 gear and almost caused a heart attack went the lights went on.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

dude is getting charged with second degree murder

good thing he was white

Second degree? Like he was just fine and not intending to hurt anyone that day but seeing a crowd of antifa made him rage out?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Ahahahaha

Its a black guy pissing on a white punk in a confederate flag shirt

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Shia LaBeouf was really good in Fury.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
When was the last notable tank skirmish? OIF? Gulf War?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Cugel the Clever posted:

Sure. And economic desperation lofted Adolf Hitler to power. Doesn't make it any better. Everyone is free to choose their beliefs in this country. They've chosen . . . poorly.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

cowboy elvis posted:

When was the last notable tank skirmish? OIF? Gulf War?

probably WW2, i think abrams were shooting iraqi guard tanks like fish in a barrel in gulf war 1.0

kursk is the biggest i think

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Yea I figured Gulf War was tank poo poo on easy mode.

Goddamn make another Armored Fist or M1 Tank Platoon

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

best tank scene ever is kellys heroes qtiyd

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

oh poo poo sorry for making GBS threads the ce thread

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Hating nazis is a current event

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

someone find me a cool antifa flag to fly in front of my house

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

http://antifaunited.bigcartel.com/product/3x5-sharp-flag

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Gulf war was (mostly) fish in a barrel but still some serious poo poo: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_73_Easting

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Remember your ABC's

A always
B hit
C nazis

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Fury loving owned.

Anytime I run into people who say it was just trying to be a Vietnam war movie set in WW2 I tell them to go read Ian Kershaw's "The End".

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

psydude posted:

Sure. And economic desperation lofted Adolf Hitler to power. Doesn't make it any better. Everyone is free to choose their beliefs in this country. They've chosen . . . poorly.

You can call me a commie or w/e, but my point is maybe if we solved some economic issues, they would be less inclined to make that terrible choice.

By all means, keep on bashin' that fash, It would just be nice if we could Marshall Plan our way out of it instead of another Versailles.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

This is one of the original symbols of the Iron Front, which was widely used by Anti-Fascist movements before, during, and after WWII.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

MRC48B posted:

You can call me a commie or w/e, but my point is maybe if we solved some economic issues, they would be less inclined to make that terrible choice.

By all means, keep on bashin' that fash, It would just be nice if we could Marshall Plan our way out of it instead of another Versailles.

Not disagreeing with you. Prevention is important, but we're clearly in the treatment phase of the illness.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
if you were in the coal industry and you didn't see all the indicators that it was a dying field, i don't have sympathy for your economic issues. you should have had more foresight.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Hot Karl Marx posted:

probably WW2, i think abrams were shooting iraqi guard tanks like fish in a barrel in gulf war 1.0

kursk is the biggest i think

We talking just US? Cause wasn't there some tank on tank action during the Arab/Israeli wars?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Jarmak posted:

We talking just US? Cause wasn't there some tank on tank action during the Arab/Israeli wars?

Also the Iran/Iraq war.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
This is so 90s

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002
Title? I dont need no stinkin' Title

FastestGunAlive posted:

Gulf war was (mostly) fish in a barrel but still some serious poo poo: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_73_Easting

drat, then Captain, now General H. R. McMaster was all up up in that battle.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Have there not been any sick tank fights in Ukraine yet?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
There's a dude in the military history thread who has done some good detailed posts on the Iran Iraq war. Seriously crazy poo poo. Most recently he discussed the Iranian human wave mine field clearing technique. Think he has touched on the armor battles previously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

best tank scene ever is kellys heroes qtiyd

https://youtu.be/ncbEucjsNFU

• Locked thread