Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Better than a May in a Sandero yeah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Oh cock

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

VolumeOverTalent posted:

Briefly resurrecting this thread to say that I met Mike Skinner at Goodwood at the weekend. He was a super nice dude and is just as enthusiastically American as the impression I had of him from the show. Drives the gently caress out of a NASCAR truck as well. That is all.

Agreed. I got to spend the day with Mike and his wife Angie at the members meet in March, lovely people.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

The new Top Gear America premiers in about 10 minutes on BBC America. Hopefully it's OK. The History Channel crew really grew on me as they went on.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

They're already having terrible chemistry and making scripted jokes about how they have terrible chemistry

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor
10 mins in and drat these guys are terrible.

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug
Somehow this was contrived and excessive and boring all at the same time. None of the hosts remotely appeal to me. Also I don't want trux on Top Gear, even if it is Top Gear America.

SeaWolf
Mar 7, 2008
This sad thing should have been aborted on the drawing board. Same format no chemistry and just over half the alloted time. Rush rush rush and force that terrible scripted improv.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The formula has gotten so stale, and all 3 shows just keep pounding away at it.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Just to be sure, there's no official way to get the original Clarkson, May, and Hammond Top Gear, with original music, correct?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Residency Evil posted:

Just to be sure, there's no official way to get the original Clarkson, May, and Hammond Top Gear, with original music, correct?
Being on UK soil with a time machine, or at the right time for BBC repeats. That's about it.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Residency Evil posted:

There's :filez: but it would be wrong.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Sure, but not really. It's kind of a shame it's not possible to get a really good copy of the earlier, Pre-HD seasons.

Residency Evil fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Aug 2, 2017

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I've been watching some of the later TGUS episodes with Tanner, Rutledge and Adam. Why did they get rid of this? It isn't bad at all. It's pretty much nothing but cheap car challenges and it's great.

A loving Grand National, MR2 and IROC-Z head-to-head? My pants, they have tightened!

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

CornHolio posted:

I've been watching some of the later TGUS episodes with Tanner, Rutledge and Adam. Why did they get rid of this? It isn't bad at all. It's pretty much nothing but cheap car challenges and it's great.

A loving Grand National, MR2 and IROC-Z head-to-head? My pants, they have tightened!

Yeah, the later seasons were all great in my book. Too bad about the first 3 or 4.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

wallaka posted:

Yeah, the later seasons were all great in my book. Too bad about the first 3 or 4.

It got good after they dropped all the segments that Top Gear America just brought back...

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I watched the first episode of Top Gear America. It's not that bad. Though, I like to give things a chance before totally making GBS threads on them. It's not great but it isn't nearly as bad as TGUS was in it's first season. I'm guessing having some famous person drive around the track is a requirement to be Top Gear or something. They should probably just drop it because they already lose 20 minutes on TGUK. I'll keep watching.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Godspeed.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I remember watching this episode before I knew who Rachel Riley was. So strange now in retrospect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raHA5Z8aoUU

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Mar 23, 2021

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

sincx posted:

Is Hamster's latest crash going to delay the second season of Grand Tour?

I don't think a date has been announced yet, but i recall their teaser closes with hamster in the car he crashes.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

sincx posted:

Is Hamster's latest crash going to delay the second season of Grand Tour?
Unlikely, but Clarkson's pneumonia probably will if he's laid up for any significant amount of time.

Raikyn
Feb 22, 2011

Clive James on F1s refuelling strategy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ0Hq_WIRAQ

Edit: Wrong thread. Not supposed to be in this thread, but hear it in a clarkson voice anyway

Raikyn fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Aug 11, 2017

whodatwhere
Aug 24, 2013

Don't know if this has already been posted here but I saw this today and can't stop laughing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P04SLlIITPI

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Josh Lyman posted:

I remember watching this episode before I knew who Rachel Riley was. So strange now in retrospect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raHA5Z8aoUU

As creepy as that youtube video is, I still maintain that segment was just about the only time "stars in reasonably priced cars" was ever entertaining.

Get them all together at once, out for a BBQ and a chat and (hanging poo poo on each other), not stuck in a studio.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

whodatwhere posted:

Don't know if this has already been posted here but I saw this today and can't stop laughing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P04SLlIITPI

I like to think Hammond was just observing everything he ever wanted to say about Clarkson in this clip.

Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007
I am a giant assfuck who needs to harden the fuck up.

Budgie posted:

I like to think Hammond was just observing everything he ever wanted to say about Clarkson in this clip.

That'd take way longer than 9 seconds.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akrWTWA2U6w

Also I got bored and watched the first few episodes of TGA the other day. Not as bad as I expected, but that's about all I can say.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

top gear america is still going. in the latest episode, they did $7000 sports cars. C5 vs S197 gt vs GD wrx.

first challenge was a drag race, so 1/4 of a mile into the whole challenge, and the WRX starts to rod knock.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Finally got around to start watching the new Top Gear US. That piece on their camera vehicles was legit bonkers.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The writing on the show is loving terrible and the head dude car reviews always feel like a McConaughey Lincoln commercial.

I don't understand who they think they're making it for. I would be extremely shocked if it got a second season.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Finally got around to start watching the new Top Gear US. That piece on their camera vehicles was legit bonkers.
Yeah, I knew a lot about those rigs already but that was a great segment. Visually brilliant and technically informative.

Powershift posted:

The writing on the show is loving terrible and the head dude car reviews always feel like a McConaughey Lincoln commercial.
That is a great description. It's like he can't entirely get out of his usual movie characters.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Amazon just sent out emails for applying to be in the studio audience for The Grand Tour this year. Looks like the tent's only going to be in England this year, in the Cotswolds since y'know, Hammond has no knees and Clarkson has no lungs.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

Residency Evil posted:

Amazon Prime Video has seasons 0-17. Seasons 19-whenever Clarkson got canned are on Netflix. Season 18 requires purchasing from Amazon or, you know, :filez:

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Those don't have the original music

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
Goddamnit, I didn't know that. Why must copyright law or whatever this is be so retarded.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
No one got the rights cause who would imagine anyone would want to watch that poo poo later.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
You would think by this point Top Gear would realize what a global audience they have and just start editing to music they can buy the rights to instead of relying on the old "steal whoever's music we want as long as it's for use within the United Kingdom" rule and giving everyone else the bastardized version.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
I totally disagree, there have been so many soundtrack perfection moments on the show which couldn't have been duplicated with music that's actually affordable to license for worldwide distribution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

It's a little amazing they can't afford the rights to the A-Team theme.