Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

boner confessor posted:

you realize states have governments

Well yeah but they mostly seem to enact shite laws.

States rights seems to invariably mean "state's rights to be utter shitheads".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

OwlFancier posted:

Well yeah but they mostly seem to enact shite laws.

States rights seems to invariably mean "state's rights to be utter shitheads".

otoh 14 states enacted legislation permitting same sex marriage before england and wales did, and various states are moving ahead with marijuana decriminalization

the thing about having so many state governments is that once a few start doing something progressive it becomes more difficult for the rest to dig in their heels

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

As a counterpoint the UK can have social housing and nationalized not-for-profit healthcare. That it doesn't always is because it's full of cunts, but it could have them if it wanted it.

I am fond of the iron fist of the state because it can do things that decentralized government cannot.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
thats nice but its a completely different argument than the one you started making

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

My initial point is that I don't see why the US couldn't practically legislate aviation maintenence and operation standards nationally, though I am familiar with its reluctance to try to legislate a lot of things on a national level.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

OwlFancier posted:

My initial point is that I don't see why the US couldn't practically legislate aviation maintenence and operation standards nationally, though I am familiar with its reluctance to try to legislate a lot of things on a national level.

well the FAA is a thing

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

JFairfax posted:

well the FAA is a thing

I know which is why it seems bizzare that police helicopters wouldn't be centrally regulated. Other than presumably because you physically couldn't run international aviation without a nationwide control authority whereas presumably you can fly police helicopters while occasionally crashing them into people.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

OwlFancier posted:

I know which is why it seems bizzare that police helicopters wouldn't be centrally regulated.

having regulations is one thing, whether or not the Hicks County Sherriff's Office follows those regulations is probably the kind of thing that's only found out after someone dies in a crash

this whole derail is super odd considering that the helicopter crashing due to negligence was entirely a theoretical. i was just saying there's a lot of space in america for inept local bureacuracy to make bad decisions. charlottesville va isn't that far from the state capitol richmond so the chopper was probably a loaner from the state police, i dont know and i'm not going to look it up

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXJkyzQ2A-4

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2-jH1vFrW8

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Is there a context for this other that her slow list toward being the next Wife With A Purpose?

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

Hey, killing people is basically same as not killing people, eating meat is basically the same as not eating meat, going to work is basically the same as not going to work, killing yourself is basically the same as not killing yourself and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.

Christ, what an idiot

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

feminism is basically the same as men's rights activism

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

business hammocks posted:

Is there a context for this other that her slow list toward being the next Wife With A Purpose?

I think she's responding sarcastically to a tweet that's since been deleted.

Edit: I think that because of the discussion on the idiots on social media thread.
Quoting

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Was she responding to a deleted tweet? It's not entirely consistent with her other tweets from today, like:

https://twitter.com/gogreen18/status/896412117099659265

or:

https://twitter.com/gogreen18/status/896236370498174976

or especially:

https://twitter.com/gogreen18/status/896426076645113857

WrenP-Complete fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Aug 13, 2017

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

Well, in that case, maybe I'm the idiot.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttM3_bqjHMo

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Karloff posted:

Basically, we should stick to quoting / mocking people with context and sources, not screenshots.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Karloff posted:

Na she's still breaking hard right.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qwwBnioLdc

"How can people be nazis if they're not destroying Jewish stores or lynching Black people, libtards? :smug:"

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
this guy really needs to put a shirt on

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

OwlFancier posted:

I suppose I've never heard of any of our lot crashing their helicopters so I figured it wasn't a thing that happened to civilian helicopters operated by major governmental organizations and if it does happen it would make sense to assume interference.

this was a few years ago now, but it comes to mind

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

laci green's defense of her moron bf looks dumber by the day.

behold. the dumbest take in the history of mankind.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
Will Maced Debbie ever show his face again?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Groovelord Neato posted:

so the 1800's then?

http://www.dailybulletin.com/article/zz/20110311/NEWS/110318589

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/local/daily/aug99/march8.htm

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Groovelord Neato posted:

Hmm, the sjws started calling people Nazis right around when Nazis started showing up publicly. Don't worry though, this doesn't make the sjws correct, but actually even more wrong than before!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i can't begin to imagine having a brain so smooth that that tweet made any sense.

it's like the idiots that think obama caused racial strife when it was just they were comfortable white people that literally never had to see or think about how bad it is to be black in america.

they got baby brains. if they don't see it it don't exist.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Man I wish these useful idiots would just admit they're Nazi sympathisers already, their disingenuous little dance is irritating as all gently caress.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Groovelord Neato posted:

i can't begin to imagine having a brain so smooth that that tweet made any sense.

it's like the idiots that think obama caused racial strife when it was just they were comfortable white people that literally never had to see or think about how bad it is to be black in america.

they got baby brains. if they don't see it it don't exist.

he's just appealing to the strong manly men of the alt right who definitely don't at all whine endlessly and try to guilt trip people into agreeing with them in internet arguments with the extremely pissbaby take "the reason people are moving right is because of leftists like you being mean and upset :smug:"

like other people are responsible to be nice to you so that you dont' become a bigot. it's like trying to take yourself hostage, it doesn't work

Goon Danton posted:

Hmm, the sjws started calling people Nazis right around when Nazis started showing up publicly. Don't worry though, this doesn't make the sjws correct, but actually even more wrong than before!

he doesn't even know recent american history regarding neo nazi rallies and can't be bothered to google it

what an exemplary rational, arguing from his gut without basic fact checking first

The worst submarine
Apr 26, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

He never made this tweet, or at least it's not up publicly anymore.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

yeah my b i just saw that in a thread where people were defending the "tweet" lol.

sucks for him it looks exactly like something he'd tweet.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Mr Interweb posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qwwBnioLdc

"How can people be nazis if they're not destroying Jewish stores or lynching Black people, libtards? :smug:"

Does he have a po box? I want to keep sending him cheap shirts until he wears one.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It could just be selective coverage, but I didn't see any of the usual pepe idiots in photos or videos of the nazi rally in Charlottesville yesterday: just nazis in nazi gear. There may just be the fascist bedrock now, and turds like Chris will start dropping away.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

It could just be selective coverage, but I didn't see any of the usual pepe idiots in photos or videos of the nazi rally in Charlottesville yesterday: just nazis in nazi gear. There may just be the fascist bedrock now, and turds like Chris will start dropping away.

these are the same pepe idiots, their hands were full of clearance rack torches and cosplay shields to wave around meme placards

noether
May 1, 2017

some kinda cutesy shoggoth

yeah, I'm kinda surprised that none of the photos I saw had kekistan flags or whatever. I wouldn't doubt that people were too preoccupied with the actual nazi poo poo to worry about that one weirdo waving a green flag around, though.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

noether posted:

yeah, I'm kinda surprised that none of the photos I saw had kekistan flags or whatever. I wouldn't doubt that people were too preoccupied with the actual nazi poo poo to worry about that one weirdo waving a green flag around, though.

I saw a couple of guys with one, but yeah I imagine the guys with the Nazi flags were looking going "what the gently caress is that poo poo?"

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Scalise denounced white supremacists and the rally. Talking out of both sides of his mouth of course. But all these fuckers trying to pain a smiley face on the swatsika are making GBS threads their pants. With any luck most will run to the hills and stay there.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

The worst submarine posted:

He never made this tweet, or at least it's not up publicly anymore.
He deleted it, but it is in fact a legit tweet.

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

Karloff posted:

Hey, killing people is basically same as not killing people, eating meat is basically the same as not eating meat, going to work is basically the same as not going to work, killing yourself is basically the same as not killing yourself and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.

Christ, what an idiot

"Jerking it with a cheese grater is basically the same as not jerking it with a cheese grater".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Terrible Opinions posted:

He deleted it, but it is in fact a legit tweet.

phew. guess i shouldn't trust the chris rere gun defense squad.

• Locked thread